Page 1 of 143 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

Default Terminal Liberalism

KDWN: Liberal hitchhikes through Middle East to prove Muslims are peaceful. Was raped and murdered instead
    LiveLeak: Woman wanted to show Muslims are peaceful. Gets raped and dies.
    An Italian woman who was hitchhiking from Italy to Israel to promote world peace was raped and murdered by Muslims in Turkey.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Montage: 10 reasons MSNBC should have dumped Harris-Perry ages ago

By LU Staff February 29, 2016February 29, 2016
    Image: YouTube screen grab (via CNNMoney)

Late yesterday, the news became official: NBC, the parent company of MSNBC, announced that it had severed ties with loose cannon Melissa Harris-Perry.
    The folks at Grabien write that this “got us thinking: How did she ever get a TV show in the first place? And how did it last this long? Did MSNBC execs even realize it was on the air?”
    Those are questions any serious viewer asked himself long ago.
    The Grabien writers continue:
    Watching the show always felt like accidentally stumbling into a group therapy session in progress. The show’s format involved Harris-Perry gathering a group of like-minded media personalities ostensibly to validate whatever feelings she felt like sharing.
    Along the way, Harris-Perry let loose the kind of bizarre antics that would resulted in lesser anchors getting canned. Here are 10 we found particularly noteworthy:
    Click here for an annotated video montage of some of Harris-Perry’s more noteworthy contributions to the subjects of race and equality10. When she cut off a guest for praising Paul Ryan's "hard work" as he apparently was unaware "hard work" is a racist phrase.
    9. The MSNBC promo in which she argued for state ownership of children.
    8. After the George Zimmerman verdict, she said she wished her sons didn't exist (as it's "not safe").
    7. The show in which she argued cops are scarier than ISIS or Ebola.
    6. After the Baltimore riots, she made the case that "arson and looting" are not violent acts.
    5. When Mark Cuban said he walks away from people on the street who appear menacing, Harris-Perry used that as a news peg to compare the NBA to slavery.
    4. During a segment on 'Star Wars,' she lamented the racist undertones of the entire series.
    3. After President Obama announced "normalization" with Cuba, Harris-Perry worried Cuba might be ruined ... by American tourists.
    2. After a Muslim Oklahoma man attacked his colleagues and beheaded his boss, Harris-Perry said it was a case of "workplace violence."
    1. And the moment that will cement her legacy in the basement of MSNBC's ratings cellar: After Rep. Wendy Davis filibustered proposed regulations on abortion providers in Texas, Harris-Perry showed her solidarity by ... wearing tampons as earrings. (It's a long story.)
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

'Muscle' Prof Blames Everyone But Herself for Her Own Actions

"I don’t want to live in a world where citizens are too afraid of public scorn to take a chance."

News
    Trey Sanchez

Fired University of Missouri assistant professor of mass media Melissa Click is blaming everyone but herself for actions she took last year during Black Lives Matter protests on campus. During the tense flare-ups at Mizzou, Click was filmed cursing at cops and calling for "muscle" to help her eject a student journalist engaging in his right to free press at a public event. For that, she was charged with third-degree assault.
    But none of this was her fault, you see. It was all that pesky technology that captured her moment of weakness and a host of overly sensitive university administration that led to all of her troubles. At least, that's what the complaint is in an op-ed she penned for The Washington Post.
    Click begins explaining that moments before she joined in with a group of black students blocking the Mizzou homecoming parade route and defiantly refusing the police officers' orders to move back, she was rushing out the door from a stressful morning with her family getting ready for this "much-anticipated event."
    Before deciding to join in on the protests her family was witnessing, Click said she found herself faced with a question she hadn't anticipated that morning: "Would I remain a spectator, or would I stand with these students enduring disparagement from the bystanders who wished the parade to continue unhindered?"
    She then blamed what the smartphone cameras captured -- her cursing at cops and a month later, calling for "muscle" -- as her own "inexperience with public protests." (Reminder: she was a professor of media and held a courtesy post in UM's School of Journalism at the time.) The videos, she claims, didn't capture her true intentions of helping to "make MU a more inclusive environment:"
    Among the debates and judgments the video footage of my mistakes has attracted, few have sincerely grappled with the sudden choices I had to make in challenging circumstances, and fewer still have earnestly asked whether my protected right to speak out as a US citizen requires that I must be perfect while doing so.
    Technology is the real enemy, according to the former professor:
    As a Media Studies scholar, I understand how the increased surveillance resulting from advances in technology like digital recording and wireless broadband has come to mean that our mistakes will be widely broadcast — typically without context or rights of rebuttal — exposing us to unprecedented public scrutiny.
    But I do not understand the widespread impulse to shame those whose best intentions unfortunately result in imperfect actions. What would our world be like if no one ever took a chance? What if everyone played it safe?
    Click continues lamenting the fact that sources like YouTube and Twitter are forums to judge people, like herself, in the public sphere. It's these "earnest mistakes made by ordinary, unknown people" that are now being broadcast on the web in a way "typically reserved for politicians and celebrities." You mean people, not unlike yourself, that are in positions of leadership? Got it.
    But it's not just technology that is to blame, but also the university's Board of Curators who failed to properly evaluate Click's conduct. She strongly suggests that the standards of excellence that all professor's must abide by while in a teaching position at the school is not the same thing as acting perfectly while on campus. She believes the board made a rash decision in terminating her without looking at her career as a whole:
    [T]he Curators’ actions — and the nationwide public outcry over these few recorded moments of my actions — wholly disregard the overwhelming evidence of my outstanding contributions to MU: student evaluations, teaching awards, research and publications, service to professional organizations, and a solid case for tenure.
    While I continue to fight the MU Board of Curators’ decision to terminate my employment without due process and in violation of university policy, I am also working to come to terms with how a few captured moments of imperfection could eclipse 12 years of excellence.
    And lastly, Click circles the wagons once more to further drive home her point that technology is the real culprit in all of this. Yet, it's that same technology that her beloved Black Lives Matter movement have used to further its cause. A double-edged sword, no?
    Click concludes:
    But beyond my specific circumstances, I believe this situation raises broader cultural, ethical, and legal questions about how surveillance and social media significantly impact the terrain of public engagement.
    Whose interests are served when our drive to combat societal imperfections is defeated by fears of having our individual imperfections exposed?
    And what value do our rights as citizens have in a culture increasingly ruled by snap judgments and by regulations that are easily rewritten to suit changing political interests?
    We should all be concerned about the larger issues my situation raises.
    I don’t want to live in a world where citizens are too afraid of public scorn to take a chance. Do you?
    The final word goes to Consco65, a commenter on the WaPo op-ed: "You make a valid point, Professor. We all have 'imperfect' moments. But we all also have to live with the consequences of those moments."
    Well said.

I believe this is called 'Projection'

Black Nebraska Senator: I’d ‘Mow Everybody Down’ If I Were White
    AP

by AWR Hawkins25 Mar 20161,789
    25 Mar, 201625 Mar, 2016On March 23 Nebraska state senator Ernie Chambers (I-Dist. 11) said he would grab “a semiautomatic weapon” and “mow everybody down” if he were a white guy.

Chambers is black.
    According to the Lincoln Journal Star, Chambers made the statement because he was “frustrated” with the political “debate on a measure to prohibit job discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.”
    He viewed much of the debate from an office outside the Senate chamber, then said, “If I was up here I’d probably pick these books up and start throwing them around. If I was a white guy, I’d go get my semiautomatic weapon and come down here and mow everybody down.”
    Afterward, Chambers stood his ground amid backlash from Senate colleagues and other office holders who thought his words went a step too far. He indicated that people should be glad that he was only talking, rather than following through with actions.
    Chambers said, “Be glad when the snake rattles, my words are all that I’m using.”
    AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.

America's Dumbest Congresswoman Weighs in on Apple Encryption Debate

March 31, 2016
    Daniel Greenfield

I have been reluctant to comment on the FBI-Apple encryption debate until the experts had weighed in. The weeks passed and still the wisest human being in Congress still hadn't made her views clear.
    I am referring of course to Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, a national treasure who somehow found her way out of Cuba despite being left there tied to a tree.
    Sheila Jackson Lee thinks there are two Vietnams and that the US landed on Mars. Also she complained that hurricane names were racist.
    In 2003, Sheila Jackson-Lee complained that hurricane names were too "lilly white" and said that "All racial groups should be represented." She suggested Hurricanes “Keisha, Jamal and Deshawn".

But when she isn't demanding more diversity in hurricane names, Sheila Jackson Lee is the top Democrat on the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations. And so she finally weighed in on the debate over Apple's encryption.
    These are “voices who typically look to the Constitution for privilege, permission and for protection,” or “the three p’s,” said Jackson Lee, who has worked on cybersecurity legislation and is the top Democrat on the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations.
    I think we all now know exactly what to think about this subject:
    America has entered a Iditocracy

Cultural Marxism: All Cultures A Equal, (Meaning Your's Is No More Valuable Than His)

Ungood Badthink From Gender Traitor

Posted on April 3, 2016 | 8 comments

“My essay on why and how the death-cult of #feminism will kill the West”.
    From the Overview:
    A ‘future apocalypse‘ is a perennial favorite in fiction. At the direction of authors and screenwriters, it has befallen our planet in countless ways. We’ve been overrun by zombies, aliens, machines; been done-in by enviro-disasters, medical-hazards, plummeting asteroids; been besieged by falling sharks, crawling fish, monstrous mutant insects; and finally, perhaps scariest of all, we’ve merely suffered to death under the boots or pumps of bleak totalitarians.
    Welcome to 2016, wherein the feminized West is well into the process of eating its own tail. You see, in the real world, if one simply has patience, humans can be taken step by teeny tiny step until an entire civilized people are willing to commit cultural-suicide. Can those of us with eyes still wide open get our countrymen to stop before they get to a vital organ?
    RTWT.

11AMThe enemy is within

“On the right, for example, there are those who blame The Jew™ or The Negro™ while on the left they blame White Men™ or The Rich™ apparently without realizing the irony of ‘We’re the victims, so let’s victimize someone else!’
    “In fact, this pattern repeats in both monkey tribes and human groups, which is that any party which is failing or troubled will immediately seek out a weaker party to clobber, raising its own group status to having someone to bully.

“We need to turn to our logical side and point the finger where it belongs: at democracy, altruism, equality, tolerance and other illusions which cause civilization collapse. These are the cause of our decline, and we know this both through history and through the logical fact that if we remove them, our society rises out of its misery and neurosis.”

11AM
    As A Biologist Would Predict

African-American murder rate reflects the African-African murder rate
    it’s nobody’s “fault” - it’s Nature
    (Source: twitter.com)

11AM