Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Car no heat

It may be time for a rlm radiator job. What is this you say? It is that look I get on my face, according to my wife, right before I go to the car lot and then come back later and tell my wife I fixed the issue by replacing the vehicle.

Sad but true. I will drive a vehicle right into the ground, but when it starts having repeated or multiple issues I go buy a new one. My logic being that if I am making car payments to a repair shop, why not just make payments for new vehicle instead.

I'd really hate to do that.
    Bought the car a year and a half ago with 43,000 original miles even though it's a 1998.

So far, not much expense in it or in this problem.
    Diagnosing the problem to fix is the main issue right now, because there seems to be several issues.
    One is a vacuum valve under the dash on the passenger side and the other is that the fluid just doesn't get warm enough.

Years ago I decided that I would never have another car payment.
    I would buy older, decent vehicles for cash that needed some minor repairs every year.
    If I have to put, say, $1000/year, I'm way ahead of payments
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner