Thread: My Little Pony Burger....

Default My Little Pony Burger....

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...al-horse-meat/

Dutch restaurant serves up ‘My Little Pony Burger’ made from real horse meat

The "My Little Pony" burger is made from actual horse meat and is sold for about $18. (Keuken van het Ongewenst Dier)

A Dutch restaurant is now serving up some stallion with its scallions.

The offbeat food truck Keuken van het Ongewenst Dier, which translates to "The Unwanted Animal Kitchen," now supplies its "My Little Pony Burger" year round to Babbe Hengeveld, a chef who runs her own restaurant Food Guerilla, reports Vice Munchies.
    Keuken van het Ongewenst Die has been serving the burger periodically for years and the patty itself is made from the meat of butchered, aging horses that have worked at a local amusement park, Slagharen.

The idea behind the unusual protein is to ensure that the meat from older horses isn’t wasted when the animals are put down.
    The menu at Keuken van het Ongewenst Dier is dependent on seasonal food waste so items fluctuate based on the incoming meats and available ingredients. But there's usually plenty of horse meat to keep the "My Little Pony" burgers on the menu.

Hengeveld says she thinks horse is a tasty, protein rich meat but admits the horse burger is not one of the menu’s bestsellers.
    “They don’t sell well because people do feel bad about the idea of eating horse,” Hengeveld told Vice. For some, horses will always be seen as pets in the same way dogs are. Cows and chickens, in many Western cultures, aren't kept as pets so they're okay for food.

“I just need to throw away the meat sometimes. For people to understand, you really have to explain to them clearly about the unwanted ponies and horse meat. When I’m cooking in the kitchen, I don’t always have time for this.”

OH DEER! ARBY'S ROLLS OUT VENISON BURGER
    But the potential of using meat that would otherwise be wasted hasn’t been lost on the business world, Hengeveld says.
    Bigger companies are interested in building on her technique and some have approached her about adapting the burger for a larger audience.

“For businesses, it’s just a matter of improving their image,” but, she says, “if the goal is reached, the underlying reason doesn’t matter that much.”
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

They used to buy US horse meat
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

What was it up until 1984 you could buy horse meat in NY. Till it became illegal to do so. I sure wish the US would open up the slaughter houses once again to horse. So many horses are now just turned loose to fend for themselves many starving or hit by traffic. Nice going you people who just can't stand the horses being used for food. AND NOW the horses are going THORUGH UNSPEAKABLE TORTURE BEING TRUCKED INTO MEXICO WHAT A SHAME THAT SOME POPLE CAN BE SO cruel as to get the slaughter plants closed that would take in the old horses, the unwanted, or unloved ones, and now they are just left alone to die a unspeakable death.