Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how cooking is important ?

Default how cooking is important ?

Packaging is considered a food additive by the FDA and does, in many cases, add undesirable ingredients to the food inside.You have control over the nutritional value of the foods you prepare. Locally grown food is fresher by definition, which also means it's more nutritious.

Great tip ... welcome to the Tree.

O.W.

Welcome. Enjoy yourself, and thanks for the tip!

And speaking of packaging.

Years ago I was invited to a friend's home for pizza and discovered everbody ain't as smart as they really need to be.

Distance to the pizzaria was such that the pizza required heating on arrival. The heating instructions was plainly printed on the box but apparently the step that should have been #1 and in BOLD, "Remove the pizza from the box", was omitted ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    And speaking of packaging.

Years ago I was invited to a friend's home for pizza and discovered everbody ain't as smart as they really need to be.

Distance to the pizzaria was such that the pizza required heating on arrival. The heating instructions was plainly printed on the box but apparently the step that should have been #1 and in BOLD, "Remove the pizza from the box", was omitted ....

O.W.
    ......That's funny, because I did something similar, once. Bought a frozen pizza. Directions said to remove plastic wrapping and place in oven. I forgot to remove the cardboad that was stuck on the bottom of the pizza.

Well how'd that turn out?

The cardboard flavored smoked pizza was not a big hit ... not even after all them beers.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Well how'd that turn out?

The cardboard flavored smoked pizza was not a big hit ... not even after all them beers.
    Nope. Crust was a bit tough......

OP is a spammer. See sig.

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    Mehbe. If'n she been followin along here for very long she might be offerin some help.

Some of us don't put our thoughts together all that well in any sort of organized fashion ... can make for a bit of confusion at times.

And then there's Brother Lenno with his impenetrable, fortress like walls of words. Mehbe she be thinkin "we" need help. I ain't bitin but it's there.

Besides she brought up a good point and now Lenno Bro knows to remove his hotdogs from the wrapper BEFORE he attempt's roastage over an open fire ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post

Who is sig?