Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is "Drain The Swamp" On The Way Out Now?

Vipper is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 39m39 minutes ago
    Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.

743 replies1,071 retweets3,210 likes

Retweet

We cannot solve problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
    You guys sound like a bunch of downers. The man isn't even in the WH yet and he's a "failure"? Quit watching TV and see how life improves.
    oh he will not be a faliure Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 40m40 minutes ago
    Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadonMe7 View Post
    If I hear one more sheeple say Trump is playing chess, I will puke. Remember Obama and shovel ready jobs? This is just as bad when he runs on law and order and then backtracks. What a joke we gullible conservatives are. All that independent conservative rhetoric from Trump is just utter crap to get our votes and we ate it like flies to poop.
    WOW tell us how you really feel.

So you are saying you have no faith in him?

Vipper is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Newt Gingrich@newtgingrich 35m35 minutes ago
    I goofed. Draining the swamp is in, @realDonaldTrump is going to do it, and the alligators should be worried. #DTS http://bit.ly/2i5QMjZ

750 replies582 retweets1,212 likes

Retweet

We cannot solve problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Vipper
    Newt Gingrich@newtgingrich 35m35 minutes ago
    I goofed. Draining the swamp is in, @realDonaldTrump is going to do it, and the alligators should be worried. #DTS http://bit.ly/2i5QMjZ
    Who's the alligators? The globalists and establishment Repubs, or does he have someone else in mind? It would appear that he has someone else in mind judging by his appointments.
    Last edited by Sherree; 12-22-2016 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added comment for clarity

Since Newt said it, we know it's true.

[QUOTE][Quit watching TV and see how life improves/QUOTE]

How do you expect it to improve?

He's not draining the swamp.
    Look at his appointments.
    I saw where his bud, Corey Lewandowski, is opening up a consulting firm to give access.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

[QUOTE=Davy Crockett;2658450]Since Newt said it, we know it's true.

[QUOTE][Quit watching TV and see how life improves/QUOTE]

How do you expect it to improve?

He's not draining the swamp.
    Look at his appointments.
    I saw where his bud, Corey Lewandowski, is opening up a consulting firm to give access.[/QUOTE

lets give him a chance to get to the White House and then we can chastise him for the next eight years.
    Personally I think he's going to be good for us.

He is taking actions that affect his presidency now with his appointments.
    We don't have to wait for these things
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett
    He is taking actions that affect his presidency now with his appointments.
    We don't have to wait for these things
    Davy, I know and understand where you're coming from. I agree. But, we need to wait, until he becomes president, before making a final judgement. Give him time to show us his stuff, and what he is truly made of. Will he allow his appointments to make policy for him, or will he set his own policies and agendas? If he becomes just another Republican president like all the others, Bush 1 and 2, then all bets are off. Talk is cheap. Let's see how he walks once he is president. I'll give him that much.

Much was made of the fact that Trump picks the best people and he doesn't micro-manage.

These may be the "best" people but best at what direction.

Lots of Goldmans among others.

We'll get to wait ad see but these appointments do reflect where he wants his administration to go

Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner