Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    ... what are the temperatures at each station?

Well I ain't no scientific guy but I'm thinkin that due to the majority of your stations being coastal and due to the influence of ocean temperatures, they are not a true representation of the region ....

O.W.
    The far north is definitely showing a warming trend. Here is Barrow, located on the Arctic Ocean, where it should be ice bound right now

and here is Kotzebue, which is also on the ocean near the Bering Strait

Last edited by TonyM; 01-02-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    Founding Member, Ministry of Truth

... what are the temperatures at each station?

Well I ain't no scientific guy but I'm thinkin that due to the majority of your stations being coastal and due to the influence of ocean temperatures, they are not a true representation of the region ....

O.W.
    As you point out --

"The warm sea-surface temperatures have been a large factor in the air temperatures," said Alaska-based climatologist Dr. Brian Brettschneider. "In the Gulf of Alaska and Bering Sea, sea-surface temperatures are at 100-year highs."

https://weather.com/news/climate/new...armth-july2016

This can be seen here in a comparison of three cities (Fairbanks is in the center of Alaska)

Last edited by TonyM; 01-02-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Well one thing I know when its warm in Alaska in the winter its cold in Illinois..
    I prefer the warm winters here..Although its Jan. and without snow cover the longer days should allow the black earth to soak in some heat..

2016 marks the first time Nome has had an annual average temperature above freezing

2016 easily warmest of the past 91 years at Bethel, Alaska; three of the five warmest years are: 2014, 2015 & 2016

I see Dogwit is back to posting every three minutes; just like he used to! I guess it's hard for him to support a train of thought that last more than two sentences
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    This can be seen here ....
    Ok, for sake of argument and to aggravate Lenno just a bit more ... and lets disregard earth's geological history of extinction level environmental cycles, "we're" all gonna go to bed tonight with thoughts of a new tomorrow. What is it "we're" concerned with occurring that is impacting human survival ... a specific concern.

Now that "we" have identified a problem what can "we" do to negate the problem without making it worse or creating another as a result of our feeble attempt ... levying extortive taxes is not an acceptable option.

This is the "trouble shooting" method: identify the specific problem and it's probable causes, identify possible, viable, achievable solutions. If the solutions aren't solutions that can achieve specific, satisfactory results then the problem isn't fixable and it becomes a matter of adaptation.

Just curious, do you 'spose there are any studies being conducted, and given the discussions as such regarding glowbull warming there should be, on the heat signatures of each round fired, by calibre of every weapon fired in all of the conflicts, ongoing and recent past? This would include all things producing explosion and those that do, flying time till detonation ... it all matters.

I'll wager that if the effort to end war waging is as serious as efforts to convince folks of glowbull warming, life on the planet would be much cooler and pleasant ....

O.W.

Is it any wonder Arctic sea ice is doing so bad? 925 mb temps from 70°N-90°N were off the charts.

Ok, for sake of argument and to aggravate Lenno just a bit more ... and lets disregard earth's geological history of extinction level environmental cycles, "we're" all gonna go to bed tonight with thoughts of a new tomorrow. What is it "we're" concerned with occurring that is impacting human survival ... a specific concern.

Now that "we" have identified a problem what can "we" do to negate the problem without making it worse or creating another as a result of our feeble attempt ... levying extortive taxes is not an acceptable option.

This is the "trouble shooting" method: identify the specific problem and it's probable causes, identify possible, viable, achievable solutions. If the solutions aren't solutions that can achieve specific, satisfactory results then the problem isn't fixable and it becomes a matter of adaptation.

Just curious, do you 'spose there are any studies being conducted, and given the discussions as such regarding glowbull warming there should be, on the heat signatures of each round fired, by calibre of every weapon fired in all of the conflicts, ongoing and recent past? This would include all things producing explosion and those that do, flying time till detonation ... it all matters.

I'll wager that if the effort to end war waging is as serious as efforts to convince folks of glowbull warming, life on the planet would be much cooler and pleasant ....

O.W.
    Problem #1 is that "we" emit 35 to 40 billion tons of CO2 per year into the atmosphere, just from industrial processes. (That translates into about 10 billion tons of carbon) Most of that can be replaced with wind, solar and hydro.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Problem #1 is that "we" emit 35 to 40 billion tons of CO2 per year into the atmosphere, just from industrial processes. (That translates into about 10 billion tons of carbon) Most of that can be replaced with wind, solar and hydro.
    Discounting the fact that Co2 is a product of life and Father provided all the essentials to maintain the necessary balance which man's greed brought about much of it's destruction ... the Sahara forest for example, other than extorting taxes from these industries, which will not result in any remarkable change but instead force the have nots into having less, what is the solution?

O.W.

Discounting the fact that Co2 is a product of life and Father provided all the essentials to maintain the necessary balance which man's greed brought about much of it's destruction ... the Sahara forest for example, other than extorting taxes from these industries, which will not result in any remarkable change but instead force the have nots into having less, what is the solution?

O.W.
    One needs to start with the understanding that as far as CO2 goes, we are out of balance --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon...9;s_atmosphere

Once we understand that fact, as a society, then solving the problem is just technology.

As you suggest, there is an economic side to the solution, but I have a lot of confidence that issue also can be resolved. The first thing to do is understand the scope of the problem.