Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warming Earth

dogwit is pathological, maybe it's the fall of the Liar in chief that has finally done him in; welcome to the iggy button
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

In 2016, we all were above average

Founding Member, Ministry of Truth

Scientists discovered 55 lakes in Eastern Antarctica that shouldn't have been there

Eastern Antarctica is considered to be the coldest place on Earth. So
    cold, that scientists expected its ice shelves were frozen solid and
    more stable against climbing global temperatures than Western Antarctica
    or Greenland. But new research published in the widely-esteemed journal
    Nature Climate Change has proven otherwise.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ice-e...-lakes-2016-12 (with video)

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    In 2016, we all were above average

I'm always above average.

I'm in one of these drought areas that suffer from 33% higher temps. Total Bull Sh*t. last summer was cooler than normal, this winter is colder than normal and there is no drought. Additionally I note that all these areas with high temps are also areas w/ a very high density of Liberals whom I bet are the purveyors of the skewed data used in this "Study". Total BS

PS this chart was created TODAY; perfect evidence of repeated trolling with malfeasance !

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I'm in one of these drought areas that suffer from 33% higher temps. Total Bull Sh*t. last summer was cooler than normal, this winter is colder than normal and there is no drought. Additionally I note that all these areas with high temps are also areas w/ a very high density of Liberals whom I bet are the purveyors of the skewed data used in this "Study". Total BS

PS this chart was created TODAY; perfect evidence of repeated trolling with malfeasance !

Look at this chart. All of the states reporting the largest jump in temps voted for Trump. Plus, if you look closely, the area where you live did not show an increase in temps.

As for being created today, that is true. I would not bring it to your attention if it was not current.

Scientists discovered 55 lakes in Eastern Antarctica that shouldn't have been there
    Curious, why is Antarctica such a high secure area? The claims are stated but it is unlikely there is an opportunity for independent confirmation. I recall one of our members working down there ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Curious, why is Antarctica such a high secure area? The claims are stated but it is unlikely there is an opportunity for independent confirmation. I recall one of our members working down there ....

O.W.
    Most bases are in West Antarctica, due south from Chile. This new discovery was on the opposite side of the continent. Beyond that it is hard to get there and a tough place to work.

There will certainly be additional info coming pretty quickly, since this was a high profile discovery

.... since this was a high profile discovery
    My point is, you and I cain't charter a boat to deliver us on shore as we'd be intercepted well out to sea. So no first hand report by us to our fellow Tree dwellers that such is in fact the case.

Do ya 'spose all that military activity down there is of some impact on that environment?

Don't ya find it ... peculiar, that the folks soundin the alarm are the ones most guilty of the offending actions and for the foreseeable future will continue to do so but it is wee peasant peepses that will bear whatever burden the offenders dertimine the solution to be?

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    My point is, you and I cain't charter a boat to deliver us on shore as we'd be intercepted well out to sea. So no first hand report by us to our fellow Tree dwellers that such is in fact the case.

Do ya 'spose all that military activity down there is of some impact on that environment?

Don't ya find it ... peculiar, that the folks soundin the alarm are the ones most guilty of the offending actions and for the foreseeable future will continue to do so but it is wee peasant peepses that will bear whatever burden the offenders dertimine the solution to be?

O.W.
    By treaty, Antarctica is demilitarized. Also it is a really big place -- area of 14 million km² (280,000 km² ice-free, 13.72 million km² ice covered). I doubt that anyone patrols the eastern side, but it is pretty hard to get there.

Here are a couple of articles that might interest you --

http://www.nature.com/news/lakes-und...garden-1.15729

http://www.livescience.com/21677-antarctica-facts.html