Thread: Tillerson supports Paris climate pact

Default Tillerson supports Paris climate pact

Rex Tillerson said to support Paris climate pact

1:35 p.m.

The top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee says Rex Tillerson told him he supports the Paris climate agreement to reduce carbon emissions.

Ben Cardin of Maryland spoke with reporters Wednesday outside his Senate office after a one-hour meeting with Tillerson, the Exxon Mobil CEO whom President-elect Donald Trump has tapped for secretary of state.

Cardin says Tillerson's backing of the international pact to combat climate change "was encouraging to hear." He says Tillerson stressed his background in science and told Cardin "that he is a believer in science."

During the presidential campaign, Trump said he would pull the U.S. out of the Paris accord. But since being elected, he's shifted that stance and now says he is "studying" the agreement.

Tillerson's Senate confirmation hearing is tentatively scheduled for next week.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/87232...-care-overhaul
    Founding Member, Ministry of Truth

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Trump doesn't.

Who's the President?

nothingburger is offline Aaahh.. The police state banned Me! Hillary!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Trump doesn't.

Who's the President?

For someone who does not believe in climate change, Trump sure helped pay for and signed his name to some rather unusual ads.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Is Trump forbidden from discovering the truth? Many people thought it was real until they researched it and found it a hoax.
    You are the only one I know who is all knowing of all things....

nothingburger is offline Aaahh.. The police state banned Me! Hillary!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Is Trump forbidden from discovering the truth? Many people thought it was real until they researched it and found it a hoax.
    You are the only one I know who is all knowing of all things....

Interesting that someone who "knows the truth" has such a shift in their opinion on the matter immediately after no longer needing people to vote for him any longer.

In an interview with the New York Times on Tuesday, the president-elect acknowledged “some connectivity” between human activity and the changing climate. In another apparent shift, Trump did not fully commit honoring his pledge to “cancel” United States participation in international climate accords such as the so-called Paris agreement.

“I think there is some connectivity. Some, something. It depends on how much,” Trump said Tuesday when asked about the relationship between human activity and climate change, adding that he has “an open mind” regarding U.S. participation in climate agreements with other countries.

https://heatst.com/politics/donald-trump-climate-hoax/