Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ‘Tonight we’re going to win it because we love each other.'

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Glass House city (Ohio)
    Posts
    5,670

    Default ‘Tonight we’re going to win it because we love each other.'

    I didn't watch the game but both my face and heart were smiling when I saw it on the news this morning.

    It’s indescribable. I mean, you can’t make it up, man. I mean, this is … only God can do this –

    . . .

    And to see my guys fight, just believe. I told them tonight, I told them that the difference in the game was going to be love. It’s been my word. My word all year’s been love. And I said, ‘Tonight we’re going to win it because we love each other. We going to love each other. I don’t know how we’re going to win it.’


    And, friends, that is the only way we will see victory in anything that matters to us. Love one another, and others, as the Word of God teaches us to love:

    Love is patient, kind and not jealous;
    love does not brag and is not arrogant,
    does not act unbecomingly;
    does not seek its own,
    is not provoked,
    does not take into account a wrong suffered,
    does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but
    rejoices with the truth;
    bears all things,
    believes all things,
    hopes all things,
    endures all things.
    Love never fails.

    “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth."
    Job 19:25 NASB


    @www.dothnet.net

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slave Region 10
    Posts
    54,901

    Default

    Soccer Match?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    "You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."
    John Buchan, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir of Enfield (1875-1940): Author and Diplomat

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Born on a Mountaintop
    Posts
    8,622

    Default

    That was a great game.
    I like the Clemson coach
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

    “War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”


    "Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Thanks, LittleFish. It happened just as you report. I, too, smiled.

    I remember when Urban Meyer took over at Ohio State, where he said he was teaching his guys to play angry. I was sad when I heard that. And he had "success", winning lots of games. I actually thought they would beat Clemson in the semi-final game, but I did not know Sweeney's "philosophy". Clemson humbled Ohio State 31- 0.

    And Clemson's quarterback gave a nice interview after the game with Alabama. Humble and praising God.

    It was an interesting night. Go God!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Glass House city (Ohio)
    Posts
    5,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Soccer Match?


    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    That was a great game.
    I like the Clemson coach
    Me, too, Davy, from what I've seen and heard of him.


    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    I remember when Urban Meyer took over at Ohio State, where he said he was teaching his guys to play angry. I was sad when I heard that. And he had "success", winning lots of games. I actually thought they would beat Clemson in the semi-final game, but I did not know Sweeney's "philosophy". Clemson humbled Ohio State 31- 0.

    And Clemson's quarterback gave a nice interview after the game with Alabama. Humble and praising God.

    It was an interesting night. Go God!
    I don't know if it still shows in my profile here or not, but I live in south-central Ohio, so talk about the OSU-Clemson play-off game was all over the local media. My 26 y/o son isn't a huge fan (OU grad, not OSU) but he put it on because he had a dream the night before that OSU lost 600 to zip. That's impossible, sure, but he was curious as to how it would go. I couldn't believe how bad they were doing all through the game. Looking back, some of those errors were just too bad to happen without a little help. As you say, "Go God!" Maybe Urban learned a little something, too, or at least began to catch on to it after this interview.

    I didn't see the quarterback's interview. I will look for it!

    “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth."
    Job 19:25 NASB


    @www.dothnet.net

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    7,844

    Default

    ......And then some of us are Alabama fans! Was a great game!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    11,332

    Default

    Ya go 'bout bidness "angry" ya make mistakes ....

    O.W.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Ya go 'bout bidness "angry" ya make mistakes ....

    O.W.
    Ain't that the truth! "Man's anger does not yield the righteousness that God intends" (James 1:20) "Cease from anger; forsake wrath..."

    Great point, Oscar! I think God allows or causes 'things' to happen that sometimes, in our error, we are tempted to get angry about, rather than 'welcome' the thing, as a gift from God to work a little righteousness in us. When we 'choose' anger, we 'fail' the test, instead of learning what God had intended; such things like humility, patience and trust, namely, love.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post
    I don't know if it still shows in my profile here or not, but I live in south-central Ohio, so talk about the OSU-Clemson play-off game was all over the local media. My 26 y/o son isn't a huge fan (OU grad, not OSU) but he put it on because he had a dream the night before that OSU lost 600 to zip. That's impossible, sure, but he was curious as to how it would go. I couldn't believe how bad they were doing all through the game. Looking back, some of those errors were just too bad to happen without a little help. As you say, "Go God!" Maybe Urban learned a little something, too, or at least began to catch on to it after this interview.

    I didn't see the quarterback's interview. I will look for it!
    Yep, it says you're in Ohio, LittleFish. I'm in Nebraska! 62-3! against OSU...sad. Frank Solich, after taking over when Tom Osbourne retired, was fired, and I think is now the coach at OU. Anyway, we've 'struggled' since then, going through Bill Calahan )sp?), and the 'angry' Bo Pelini,who now went back to Youngstown State (Ohio) and now have the loving Mike Riley, as coach. We may see better results for our beloved Huskers as the future unfolds.

    I do hope that Urban learns, too. God will get him! Go God!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NEMS
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Hey,

    It was a great game and we did pull for AL. But it's a game, and we didn't feel bad about losing, it's a game. Very glad to hear about Clemson, another southern team .

    Anyway as a side note: We were at a church one time that voted in a new pastor. All that new pastor did was talk about his HS football coach. It was like he was an idol to this guy. Instead of quoting Bible verses in his sermons, he would quote his HS football coach.

    After a few sermons it dawned on me what he was trying to do. Even as his HS football coach did, he was trying to get the congregation mad so they would go out and conquer the world for Jesus.

    I personally didn't see the Holy Spirit in that at all, so we left. If it was the Holy Spirit He didn't need me throwing water on His move.

    Apparently a lot of other folks felt the same way. There are only 3 families that attend that church now.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •