Thread: ‘Tonight we’re going to win it because we love each other.'

Default ‘Tonight we’re going to win it because we love each other.'

I didn't watch the game but both my face and heart were smiling when I saw it on the news this morning.

It’s indescribable. I mean, you can’t make it up, man. I mean, this is … only God can do this –

. . .

And to see my guys fight, just believe. I told them tonight, I told them that the difference in the game was going to be love. It’s been my word. My word all year’s been love. And I said, ‘Tonight we’re going to win it because we love each other. We going to love each other. I don’t know how we’re going to win it.’

And, friends, that is the only way we will see victory in anything that matters to us. Love one another, and others, as the Word of God teaches us to love:

Love is patient, kind and not jealous;
    love does not brag and is not arrogant,
    does not act unbecomingly;
    does not seek its own,
    is not provoked,
    does not take into account a wrong suffered,
    does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but
    rejoices with the truth;
    bears all things,
    believes all things,
    hopes all things,
    endures all things.
    Love never fails.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

Soccer Match?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

That was a great game.
    I like the Clemson coach
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Thanks, LittleFish. It happened just as you report. I, too, smiled.

I remember when Urban Meyer took over at Ohio State, where he said he was teaching his guys to play angry. I was sad when I heard that. And he had "success", winning lots of games. I actually thought they would beat Clemson in the semi-final game, but I did not know Sweeney's "philosophy". Clemson humbled Ohio State 31- 0.

And Clemson's quarterback gave a nice interview after the game with Alabama. Humble and praising God.

It was an interesting night. Go God!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Soccer Match?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    That was a great game.
    I like the Clemson coach
    Me, too, Davy, from what I've seen and heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    I remember when Urban Meyer took over at Ohio State, where he said he was teaching his guys to play angry. I was sad when I heard that. And he had "success", winning lots of games. I actually thought they would beat Clemson in the semi-final game, but I did not know Sweeney's "philosophy". Clemson humbled Ohio State 31- 0.

And Clemson's quarterback gave a nice interview after the game with Alabama. Humble and praising God.

It was an interesting night. Go God!
    I don't know if it still shows in my profile here or not, but I live in south-central Ohio, so talk about the OSU-Clemson play-off game was all over the local media. My 26 y/o son isn't a huge fan (OU grad, not OSU) but he put it on because he had a dream the night before that OSU lost 600 to zip. That's impossible, sure, but he was curious as to how it would go. I couldn't believe how bad they were doing all through the game. Looking back, some of those errors were just too bad to happen without a little help. As you say, "Go God!" Maybe Urban learned a little something, too, or at least began to catch on to it after this interview.

I didn't see the quarterback's interview. I will look for it!

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

......And then some of us are Alabama fans! Was a great game!

Ya go 'bout bidness "angry" ya make mistakes ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Ya go 'bout bidness "angry" ya make mistakes ....

O.W.
    Ain't that the truth! "Man's anger does not yield the righteousness that God intends" (James 1:20) "Cease from anger; forsake wrath..."

Great point, Oscar! I think God allows or causes 'things' to happen that sometimes, in our error, we are tempted to get angry about, rather than 'welcome' the thing, as a gift from God to work a little righteousness in us. When we 'choose' anger, we 'fail' the test, instead of learning what God had intended; such things like humility, patience and trust, namely, love.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post
    I don't know if it still shows in my profile here or not, but I live in south-central Ohio, so talk about the OSU-Clemson play-off game was all over the local media. My 26 y/o son isn't a huge fan (OU grad, not OSU) but he put it on because he had a dream the night before that OSU lost 600 to zip. That's impossible, sure, but he was curious as to how it would go. I couldn't believe how bad they were doing all through the game. Looking back, some of those errors were just too bad to happen without a little help. As you say, "Go God!" Maybe Urban learned a little something, too, or at least began to catch on to it after this interview.

I didn't see the quarterback's interview. I will look for it!
    Yep, it says you're in Ohio, LittleFish. I'm in Nebraska! 62-3! against OSU...sad. Frank Solich, after taking over when Tom Osbourne retired, was fired, and I think is now the coach at OU. Anyway, we've 'struggled' since then, going through Bill Calahan )sp?), and the 'angry' Bo Pelini,who now went back to Youngstown State (Ohio) and now have the loving Mike Riley, as coach. We may see better results for our beloved Huskers as the future unfolds.

I do hope that Urban learns, too. God will get him! Go God!

Hey,

It was a great game and we did pull for AL. But it's a game, and we didn't feel bad about losing, it's a game. Very glad to hear about Clemson, another southern team .

Anyway as a side note: We were at a church one time that voted in a new pastor. All that new pastor did was talk about his HS football coach. It was like he was an idol to this guy. Instead of quoting Bible verses in his sermons, he would quote his HS football coach.

After a few sermons it dawned on me what he was trying to do. Even as his HS football coach did, he was trying to get the congregation mad so they would go out and conquer the world for Jesus.

I personally didn't see the Holy Spirit in that at all, so we left. If it was the Holy Spirit He didn't need me throwing water on His move.

Apparently a lot of other folks felt the same way. There are only 3 families that attend that church now.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him