Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Name Of The Father?

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger
    Sir, have you read the article?
    Not to be interruptive, but grower is a humble, spirit-filled, born again lady, not a "sir".

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Not to be interruptive, but grower is a humble, spirit-filled, born again lady, not a "sir".
    Oh, so sorry.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

'Everybody ought to know who Jesus is'.

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    'Everybody ought to know who Jesus is'.
    Does everybody know what century the letter "J" was invented?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Questions?

Did you read the article in the op?

If so, do you agree or disagree with it's premise?

If you disagree, please be so kind as to tell us why.

Thanks and have a Blessed day.

ps. If you're looking to discuss the merits of the KJV, there is another thread addressing that issue already.

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    Questions?

Did you read the article in the op?

If so, do you agree or disagree with it's premise?

If you disagree, please be so kind as to tell us why.

Thanks and have a Blessed day.

ps. If you're looking to discuss the merits of the KJV, there is another thread addressing that issue already.
    I did read it. I was merely posing another question in regards to reading the article. The letter "J" is a fairly recent invention and cannot replace the Hebrew letter "Yod". Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’

As for the intent of the article, it touches on this great mystery of the Father/Son Diety, but I've not found an article yet that can explain the depth. Many, many times the Father and the Son are interchangable in Scripture; many times they are separate and distinct.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    As for the intent of the article, it touches on this great mystery of the Father/Son Diety, but I've not found an article yet that can explain the depth. Many, many times the Father and the Son are interchangable in Scripture; many times they are separate and distinct.
    Great point, Off-Grid. Certainly a mystery, or hidden to us. But, we seek understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Great point, Off-Grid. Certainly a mystery, or hidden to us. But, we seek understanding.
    It is not as complicated as it is made out to be. God used many names in the Old Testament including 'I Am'. He has chosen the name Jesus, which is a name above every name, Phil. 2:9.

As far as the 'oneness' of God, there were times when Jesus spoke of himself as a man and times when he spoke of Himself as God.

Here are a few scriptures to ponder, out of many, that attest to His 'oneness'.

1 John 5:7
    For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 14:9-10
    Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 8:58
    Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I don't harbor any illusions of convincing anyone of these 'truths', as that is above my pay grade. It will take God to do that.

Blessings,
    PS

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    People usually pick a firm side on this mystery, and leave out such things as: Joh 14:28 “You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming to you.’ If you did love Me, you would have rejoiced that I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. Mat 3:17 and see, a voice out of the heavens, saying, “This is My Son, the Beloved, in whom I did delight.” 1Co 15:23-24 And each in his own order: Messiah the first-fruits, then those who are of Messiah at His coming, then the end, when He delivers up the reign to Elohim the Father, when He has brought to naught all rule and all authority and power.
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    People usually pick a firm side on this mystery, and leave out such things as: Joh 14:28 “You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming to you.’ If you did love Me, you would have rejoiced that I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. Mat 3:17 and see, a voice out of the heavens, saying, “This is My Son, the Beloved, in whom I did delight.” 1Co 15:23-24 And each in his own order: Messiah the first-fruits, then those who are of Messiah at His coming, then the end, when He delivers up the reign to Elohim the Father, when He has brought to naught all rule and all authority and power.
    etc.
    Again I say, there were instances that Jesus spoke of himself as a man and times when He spoke of Himself as God.

In John 14:28, was he speaking of himself as a man 'for my father is greater than I', or as to his (Jesus) deity?

John 14:24
    He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Again, is Jesus speaking as a man or as to his deity?