Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Name Of The Father?

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Fathers Name is spelled Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey. Messiah's Name is spelled Yod-Hey-Vav-Shin-Ayin. Again, the letter "J" is a recent invention.
    You forgot to include the scripture.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    You forgot to include the scripture.
    Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’

Mat 1:1 The book of the genealogy of יהושע Messiah, Son of Dawiḏ, Son of Aḇraham:
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

"it may be called yod"

" A distinctive usage emerged in Middle High German.[3] Gian Giorgio Trissino (1478–1550) "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J

"the letter is a late modification of Roman -i-, originally a scribal creation in continental Medieval Latin to distinguish small -i- in cursive writing from the strokes of other letters, especially in the final positions of words. But in English, -y- was used for this, and -j- was introduced c.1600-1640 to take up the consonantal sound that had evolved from -i- since Late Latin times."

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/j?s=t
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’

Mat 1:1 The book of the genealogy of יהושע Messiah, Son of Dawiḏ, Son of Aḇraham:
    I don't speak any other language but English and I use the KJV exclusively, and don't care to debate the merits of the KJV, since there is another thread that does that, already.

I will inlude the following passages from the article, in hopes that someone will benefit from it.

If Jehovah is the only Savior, then why was it said of Saul that he would bear the name of Jesus before the Gentiles? Why be a witness to Jesus, Acts 1:8- Because Jesus is Jehovah!
    As one reads through the New Testament, the importance of Jesus name is repeated over and over again. "And whatsoever you do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Col. 3:17. Listen to the importance the Apostle Peter placed on the name when he said, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." You will not find another name in the entire Bible that is given equal or more honor and glory than Jesus name. There is an interesting verse in Zechariah 14:9*, relating to God's name. "And Jehovah shall be king over all the earth. In that day there shall be one Jehovah, and his name one."

After all the verses we have looked at do you wonder what that one name will be?
    "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of things in heaven, and in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Phil. 2;2:9-11
    One day all will acknowledge Jehovah, the Father, the Eternal Spirit, the One True God, who took on flesh, by his fleshly name. "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh…" 1 Tim 3:16. This manifestation of God was without a doubt Jesus Christ!

"Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also." 1 John 2:23. Why is this? Because the name of the Father was manifest plainly. If Jesus is not the name of the Father, then the name of the Father is NOT in the New Testament! But the name of Jesus is found 942 times in the New Testament. The name God chose for himself for eternity. For Eph. 1:20-23 states:
    "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principalities, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all."

Someday all will know and will see. The one who's name is above every name, (even other names God has used). The one who loved us so much he would die for us. We will see him face to face. The only face God ever had or will have, the face of Jesus Christ! For he manifested the Father's name!

Last, but not least, where did the name Jesus come from? Hint: It didn't come from Mary and Joseph, Matt. 1:21 KJV.

The OP makes the following statement:

Most people see Jesus as the second person in a trinity ... I do not feel such claims can be fully substantiated in Scripture.
    I would have to say the opposite, that the claim that Jesus is the Father can't be fully substantiated in Scripture. And I would probably go well beyond that and say that a large number of verses in Scripture would not make sense if that were true.

But I don't intend to defend the doctrine of the Trinity with my comments here. I think the real question is what difference does it make if Jesus was the Father? I don't believe there is anyone who has posted in this thread who denies the deity of Jesus. And I don't see how believing that Jesus is the Father would change what a person believes about the fundamental doctrines of Salvation or how a Christian is to live his life.

So what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    I don't speak any other language but English and I use the KJV exclusively, and don't care to debate the merits of the KJV,
    You asked. I answered. So you don't speak any language but English, except when it come to the name "jesus"...then you speak Greek? Just thought you were curious about His Name, since we know there was no letter "J"until a few centuries ago. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    The OP makes the following statement:

I would have to say the opposite, that the claim that Jesus is the Father can't be fully substantiated in Scripture. And I would probably go well beyond that and say that a large number of verses in Scripture would not make sense if that were true.

But I don't intend to defend the doctrine of the Trinity with my comments here. I think the real question is what difference does it make if Jesus was the Father? I don't believe there is anyone who has posted in this thread who denies the deity of Jesus. And I don't see how believing that Jesus is the Father would change what a person believes about the fundamental doctrines of Salvation or how a Christian is to live his life.

So what is the point?

The point is, in my humble opinion, everybody ought to know who Jesus is. To know Him is to love Him.

You asked. I answered. So you don't speak any language but English, except when it come to the name "jesus"...then you speak Greek? Just thought you were curious about His Name, since we know there was no letter "J"until a few centuries ago. Carry on.
    I wasn't curious about His Name, I know what it is. Thought you might quote from the KJV, the only one I use and understand.

I think, at this point, if I added anything else I would be going back over plowed ground. I will let the op speak for itself and if anyone benefits from it, well, thank the Lord.

Bump