Thread: An interesting development on YouTube

Default An interesting development on YouTube

As you know YouTube is owned by Google. I had been accessing Youtube through an account held by a family member. Last night that account was deleted. Now the only way to have a YouTube account is to create a Google account which is tied to ALL internet activity because it traces every key stroke and sells that info to whom ever Google wants.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Now the only way to have a YouTube account is to create a Google account which is tied to ALL internet activity because it traces every key stroke and sells that info to whom ever Google wants.
    Yeah, it stinks. So, invent a work-around and/or muddy your profile by creating a bunch of disinformation. Some people only access certain portions of the net through public networks on throw-away netbooks, for example. Not using your real name or address anywhere online is also something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    Yeah, it stinks. So, invent a work-around and/or muddy your profile by creating a bunch of disinformation. Some people only access certain portions of the net through public networks on throw-away netbooks, for example. Not using your real name or address anywhere online is also something to think about.
    I was thinking of using a free e-mail addy to do this!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I was thinking of using a free e-mail addy to do this!
    Pffft. You can't hide, you know this.

When "they" decide to come for Lenno, "they" will know where to find him. Anonymity is a thing of the past.

But you can try with mehbe ... TonyM@boxcarbandit.org

O.W.