Thread: The Authority of the Bible by Jay Smith

Default The Authority of the Bible by Jay Smith

The Authority of the Bible by Jay Smith, runs about 1 1/2 hours.

Wise Men Still Seek Him

This is a great vid HeritageDoc put up in the Root Cellar, runs about 10 minutes. So good I thought I would put it up here.

Along with his comments:

The Testimony of the Evangelists, Examined by the Rules of Evidence Administered in Courts of Justice is an 1846 Christian apologetic work by Simon Greenleaf, a principal founder of the Harvard Law School.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimon...

Greenleaf's Treatise on the Law of Evidence, published in three volumes between 1842 and 1853, forms the basis for his study of the Gospels. Greenleaf came to the conclusion that the witnesses were reliable, and the resurrection of Jesus occurred. Testimony of the Evangelists is sometimes cited by contemporary Christian apologists.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Caught some heat a few days ago for putting up some fake news about an archeology find. And rightly so.

Then Psalm Singer put up one about Nineveh. So it's kind of got me on a roll.

This vid is an hour and 20 minutes so watch it in bites if you can.

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Thanks, Cary! I watched the 1st and 3rd videos and they were very good. I had only been aware of some of the evidence they presented but it is excellent confirmation of the historical accuracy of the Bible.

In the last video he mentions several colleagues reporting on their archaeological discoveries and calls them courageous for telling the truth about what they have found. Isn't it amazing that a person has to be courageous to tell the truth in what they call a "science"? From what I have observed archaeologists can be some of the most arrogant, closed minded people on earth. And of course it is even worse if they are trying to disprove the Bible.

Thanks Forty9er, glad you enjoyed them.

I may use this thread to post some more stuff like that. Maybe build a library of stuff in that category.

Concerning archaeologist being arrogant, and closed minded, they're not the only ones: biologist, paleontologist, geologist, etc. are the same way.

If you remember "they" found a set of dino prints in .......TX (? Montana ?) that had a human footprint inside it. It looked like the human was hunting the dino. Which really throws a kink in the evolutionist theory of things.

I think it was the famous atheist "Kitchens" who smashed them to pieces to destroy the "evidence". Arrogant, indeed.

O, and BTW you or anyone can feel free to add some vids or articles.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

This one is one hour and 23 min.

Wise Men Still Seek Him