Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook, Twitter Censor Thread

Facebook Uses Facial Recognition To Help You Manage Your Identity

Facebook uses facial recognition to identify images of you you're not tagged in with new Photo Review feature.

Facial recognition is simultaneously both awesome, and potentially creepy. I tend to lean toward the “awesome” camp if I have to pick sides—both from the perspective that it’s awesome we have technology capable of doing that, and from the perspective of the many valid uses for that technology. A new feature introduced by Facebook this week qualifies as a useful application of facial recognition—using it to identify photos of you being shared on the social network without your knowledge.
    Facebook Photo Review

Facebook already lets you know when someone tags you in a photo they’ve posted. If you have friends and family that take a lot of photos and like to tag you, this can get annoying, but it’s better than having your photo shared in ways you might not like or in compromising situations you’d rather not have shared with a broader audience so you can untag yourself or ask the individual to take the image down. That won’t help you, however, if people or companies post images of you that you aren’t actually tagged in.
    The new Photo Review feature from Facebook attempts to address that issue. In a blog post announcing the new feature, Joaquin Quiñonero Candela, director of applied machine learning for Facebook, explains, “Now, if you’re in a photo and are part of the audience for that post, we’ll notify you, even if you haven’t been tagged. You’re in control of your image on Facebook and can make choices such as whether to tag yourself, leave yourself untagged, or reach out to the person who posted the photo if you have concerns about it.”
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonybra.../#24d7a7c61190
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Atomwaffen Division, The Right Server, Nordic Resistance Movement, Iron March and European Domas are just some of the servers that were shut down recently as part of Discord’s attempt to purge its platform of hateful content.

>“Discord has a Terms of Service (ToS) and Community Guidelines that we ask all of our communities and users to adhere to,” a Discord representative told Polygon. “These specifically prohibit harassment, threatening messages, or calls to violence. Though we do not read people’s private messages, we do investigate and take immediate appropriate action against any reported ToS violation by a server or user. There were a handful of servers that violated these ToS recently and were swiftly removed from the platform.”

>A representative from Discord didn’t tell Polygon when the purge first started, but Discord users noted the disappearance of notable servers over the past couple of days. A thread on the Discord subreddit acknowledging the servers’ disappearance was locked by a Discord staff member. Each of the servers affected — TRS, Atomwaffen, Nordic Resistance Movement, Uncesnsored politics , Ironmarch, Pagan Pathway, European Domus and Fashlash — are known for curating content that promotes hateful ideologies and pro-Nazism. Atomwaffen Division, for example, is labeled as a designated hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Is this good or bad /pol/?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Tommy Robinson Suspended from Twitter for Stating Statistical Fact About Muslims in Grooming Gangs

Breitbart
    March 2, 2018
    The controversial activist Tommy Robinson has been suspended from Twitter for quoting research which found that nearly 90 per cent of convicted grooming gang members in the UK are Muslim.
    Mr. Robinson was suspended from the social media platform for 7 days for stating the findings of the Quilliam Foundation think tank, whose founder worked as an adviser to Prime Minister David Cameron on issues around Islam.
    “90% of grooming gang convictions are Muslims,” Mr. Robinson wrote in a tweet on February 25th, rounding up the number identified by the Quilliam research, which found that 84 per cent of convicted groomers were Muslim in December last year.
    Twitter decided the statement of fact “violated the Twitter rules” and “temporarily limited some of your account features”, which included tweeting publicly on the website – effectively censoring him for a week.
    Read more

Now we know who's responsible.

Communist China Behind Google Facebook Global Censorship Push
    Satire

https://www.dailysquib.co.uk/world/2...ship-push.html
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Who should censor Facebook?

Major Facebook Fail: Survey Asks Users Opinions About Pedophilia

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ut-pedophilia/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Twitter Suspended Accounts Exposing Islamic and Lefty Anti-Semitism

February 28, 2018
    Daniel Greenfield

AddT

The invaluable Canary Mission and Labour Anti-Semitism accounts are back after facing punitive action from Twitter for their work fighting against Islamic and left-wing hatred of Jews. Both organizations had been targeted by leftist activists. And that's likely the reason lurking behind the harassment.
    The Labour Anti-Semitism feed (aka @GnasherJew) was forced to delete its profile picture of the yellow star that Jews were forced to wear under Nazi occupation. And Canary Mission's account was suspended before being reinstated. And this isn't the first time.

We've seen how vulnerable even the top accounts on Twitter are, when President Trump was targeted. And Canary Mission makes a point of documenting the anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi attitudes of members of campus hate groups such as Students for Justice in Palestine. It has no shortage of enemies from the same Islamic hate groups that it exposes. And it's likely that the double attack was no coincidence.
    Those behind GnasherJew thought it was hardly a coincidence that both accounts were sanctioned by Twitter on the same day.

“CanaryMission went down at the same time as us, how odd,” one GnasherJew administrator said. “The fact remains they sanctioned us at the behest of antisemites and Len McCluskey whilst allowing the most foul antisemitism to go unpunished.”

Meanwhile Hamas and other Islamic terrorist groups safely operate on the social media site. And members of JVP (which operates on Twitter) and other hate groups joined in urging Twitter to silence the fighters against anti-Semitism.
    And here's another reminder of how Canary Mission gets results.
    McMaster University has completed its investigation into numerous alarming tweets from students linked to a campus Palestinian rights group which lauded Hitler, supported terrorist organizations, and vilified Jews.
    But McMaster officials refuse to say what penalties were imposed upon the culprits under the student code of rights and responsibilities....
    McMaster became aware of the disturbing personal social media posts — which started in 2011 and continued into 2017 — via internet reports published in mid-December by anti-Semitic watchdog Canary Mission and Algemeiner.com, an American-based Jewish and Israel news service.
    The tweets in question were linked to students allegedly associated with the campus group Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights (SPHR). Tweets included comments such as "Hitler should have took you all" and "Where is Hitler when u need one? I literally ask this every day."
    Other tweets ranging from suggestions of violence, anti-Semitic stereotypes and political hatred against Israel are viewable at canarymission.org and algemeiner.com.
    No wonder they want to shut this down.

Word Of The Day: “Deplatforming”

Posted on March 8, 2018 | 30 comments

Via Gab.
    You think what has happened in Europe could never happen here in FUSA.
    In fact, that is precisely the plan, if/as the Left gets its electoral wishes in 2018 and 2020.
    Support alternative ‘Net media, such as https://gab.ai/home and https://pewtube.com.
    And please, if you haven’t already, participate in the poll above this post.
    Thanks in advance.
    (Yup)