Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook, Twitter Censor Thread

And now for a little honesty.

All-Seeing Eye Of Sauron Unveiled At Facebook Headquarters
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/all-seein...-headquarters/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Delete your Facebook account? Not so fast.

‘I’m Sorry, Dave—I’m Afraid I Can’t Do That,’ Intones Menacing Mark Zuckerberg As Man Attempts To Delete His Facebook Account
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/im-sorry-...ebook-account/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

I am keeping mine as I just got off FB before coming here. LOL

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Clinton Campaign App May Have Harvested Facebook Data Of Millions
    In all the Facebook furor, the natural question should have been what did they allow the Clinton campaign do since they willingly gave the data up to the Obama campaign.
    Via Fox News
    Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign may have harvested the Facebook data of millions of people using an app that asked them to pair their Facebook friends list with their smartphone’s contacts list – in a bid to reach those people and persuade them to vote for Clinton.
    In the midst of the election, the Clinton campaign launched a mobile application called “Hillary 2016” that worked its way around the banned practice of gathering information from users’ friends without their consent.
    The Clinton campaign’s use of big data raises concerns amid controversy surrounding Cambridge Analytica, a data-driven company with ties to the Trump campaign that was accused of mining Facebook data and using it to target potential voters.
    Keep reading…

Facebook Secretly Deleted Zuckerberg’s Private Messages

Average users not afforded same ability to permanently remove messages from Facebook’s servers

Mikael Thalen | Infowars.com - April 6, 2018 224 Comments

Private messages sent on Facebook by company founder Mark Zuckerberg were secretly deleted out of their recipients’ inboxes.
    According to TechCrunch’s Josh Constine, three sources who had communicated with Zuckerberg over Messenger revealed that the CEO’s responses were mysteriously erased from their chat histories.
    “An email receipt of a Facebook message from 2010 reviewed by TechCrunch proves Zuckerberg sent people messages that no longer appear in their Facebook chat logs or in the files available from Facebook’s Download Your Information tool,” Constine writes.

The incident is raising questions given that average users are not afforded the same ability to permanently remove their own messages from Facebook’s servers.
    While users can delete messages from their own chat history, the contents will still remain visible to the recipients.
    In a statement to TechCrunch, Facebook, who also deleted the messages of other company executives, said the decision was made for security-related purposes.
    “After Sony Pictures’ emails were hacked in 2014 we made a number of changes to protect our executives’ communications,” the statement said. “These included limiting the retention period for Mark’s messages in Messenger. We did so in full compliance with our legal obligations to preserve messages.”
    Constine notes, however, that the so-called retention period does not apply to normal users.
    “That indicates Zuckerberg and other executives received special treatment in being able to pull back previously sent messages,” Constine writes.
    The move by Facebook may also have been an attempt to stop any leaks of damaging comments made by their CEO.
    Private messages from Zuckerberg in 2004, in which he called Facebook users “dumb ****s” for trusting him with their private information, were published online in 2010, causing widespread embarrassment for the company.
    This latest incident comes as the company faces increased scrutiny in the wake of news surrounding Cambridge Analytica, a data broker which scraped the contents of more than 87 million profiles. Facebook also announced this week that it would suspend a controversial project after it was learned the company had asked major U.S. hospitals to share anonymized patient data.

They are working on it~!!! Giving a person the ability so they can completely delete any messages sent.

Facebook is obsequiously assuring everyone that it will be responsible with users' data and transparent with how it's shared. But evidence emerged yesterday that the company has been quietly deleting old messages Mark Zuckerberg and other executives have sent from recipients' inboxes. Facebook fessed up to TechCrunchthat they'd been doing so for awhile. Now the company is promising to extend the feature to users in the coming months -- but until it's widely released, any messages from Zuckerberg et al won't be wiped away.
    Facebook hasn't finalized how the 'unsend' feature will work, according to TechCrunch. One possible solution will be a timer set by the sender, and once it runs out, the message will vanish from both inboxes (this is similar to how Zuckerberg's messages were retracted). But the company isn't certain if they'll use this method or a different one, or even if recipients will be notified when a message is 'unsent.' Regardless, the feature should arrive in the coming months.
    Facebook maintained that it was within its legal rights to preserve messages when deleting messages from senior staff, which it started doing in the wake of the 2014 Sony hack to avoid future leaks of correspondence. It's unclear how long the company was deleting messages -- just that they admitted to the course of action only after being confronted with evidence.

‘Unsafe to the community’: Facebook takes on pro-Trump Diamond and Silk

“This is deliberate bias, censorship and discrimination.”

American Mirror - April 8, 2018 232 Comments

The hilarious duo of Diamond and Silk is a danger to society.
    That’s according to Facebook.
    The pro-Trump pair posted on the embattled social media platform on Friday night, saying after months of correspondence, they were deemed to be “unsafe to the community.”

“Diamond And Silk have been corresponding since September 7, 2017, with Facebook (owned by Mark Zuckerberg), about their bias censorship and discrimination against D&S brand page,” they wrote.
    “Finally after several emails, chats, phone calls, appeals, beating around the bush, lies, and giving us the run around, Facebook gave us another bogus reason why Millions of people who have liked and/or followed our page no longer receives notification and why our page, post and video reach was reduced by a very large percentage,” echoing the complaints of many conservative and pro-Trump pages.

Here is the reply from Facebook. Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM: “The Policy team has came to the conclusion that your content and your brand has been determined unsafe to the community.”
    The pair say it took “6 Months, 29 days, 5 hrs, 40 minutes and 43 seconds” to get a response, which they add the network said is “final and it is not appeal-able in any way.”

They posed several questions to Facebook and Zuckerberg, including, “What is unsafe about two Blk-women supporting the President Donald J. Trump?”
    “This is deliberate bias, censorship and discrimination. These tactics are unacceptable and we want answers!” they wrote.
    Diamond and Silk shot to fame after the Drudge Report linked to several of their videos and they made appearances with then-candidate Trump on the campaign trail.
    One of their big moments came when they tore into Republican debate moderator Megyn Kelly in 2015.
    Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson produced, “Megyn Kelly and that Damn Debate,” in August when it was called “The Viewers View”:

“Okay, so it’s a day after the debates and you all know I am mad as hell,” Hardaway began. “Somebody already tried to come for Donald, so I’ve got to come for them.”
    Hardaway objected to Kelly’s opening question to Trump, asking him to respond to comments he made on Twitter towards Rosie O’Donnell.
    “Here’s the damn deal, Megyn Kelly, or Kelly Megyn, whatever your name is: Rosie O’Donnell started that whole foolishness! She was on The View and she was the one who spoke out against Donald and Donald had to come back on her!
    “So I don’t know why you’re gonna make this here a part of your forum last night. You know, perhaps you don’t need to be hosting debates! Perhaps — maybe it’s time for us to file Kelly and make her go back to reporting news at the local news! Try Sesame Street! Maybe you should go back and report news for Sesame Street and have a debate with them.”
    Hardaway wasn’t finished.
    “You hit below the belt, Kelly. You hit below the belt, girl. But blow on this: leave my man, Donald Trump, the hell alone! If you’ve got something you’re going to tell him, run it by us first! Run it by me first and I’ll let you know if you have permission to come for him!” she said. “He’s gonna be the next president of the United States when you like it or not, Megyn Kelly or Kelly Megyn or whatever your name is, or not.”

Facebook Refuses to Show for Congressional Hearing with Diamond and Silk

In Washington, DC today a Congressional hearing is set to allow two of President Trump's most vocal social media supporters - Diamond and Silk - to give them an opportunity to speak out about the blatant Conservative censorship occurring on Facebook - that only targets supporters of the Administration.

Liberal pundits, left-wing media outlets, progressive activists, even radical Antifa groups are allowed to promote their content on Facebook, but two African-American Trump supporters are some considered to be responsible for “dangerous” content, at least according to the suspension of the account ran by Diamond and Silk on Facebook.
    It's not as if Diamond and Silk break any of Facebook’s terms of service. They simply promote the President of the United States of America with family-friendly comedy.

The reality is that Facebook is an ultra-liberal platform control by a radical globalist, Mark Zuckerberg, and having two black women in support of the 45th President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump, poses a threatening means of destroying the Democratic Party’s desire to depict Trump supporters as racist.
    Now, however, it appears that Facebook will be a no-show at today's hearing, further incriminating the company led by Mark Zuckerberg in being responsible for biased censorship.
    Lynnette "Diamond" Hardaway and Rochelle "Silk" Richardson will testify at the House Judiciary Committee hearing on how social media sites filter what they deem as threatening content.
    One of the biggest problems is that many of our Representatives and elected officials in general seemingly fail to understand technology and the internet, let alone algorithmic threats being used against Conservatives to silence them.
    A key to defeating this would be for Congress subpoena Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for their algorithms. It would then need to be analyzed by proper and impartial technology companies, who would present a report.
    Facebook, Google, and Twitter were all invited to attend the hearing but as of the time of this writing, none have responded to the invitation to state their defense. This implies that they're terrified of having their algorithms seized.
    Diamond and Silk, being as vocal as the two stars have been, aren't buying the failure from Facebook to attend. They state that Facebook shut their page down for months and never gave a proper explanation as to why.
    The American people aren't stupid, and they realize that with social media companies censoring African-American Trump supporters that there's an intentional ploy to pretend as if the President of the United States of America has no support from minorities, which as we've seen lately thanks to the sermons preached by Kanye West, Candace Owens, and Chance the Rapper; that's simply untrue.
    "It's really sad that they try to dismiss our concerns as if we're just some piece of whatever," Diamond said about Facebook. "But the mere fact that they can't face us proves that they're guilty."
    "That's what powers do," Silk said in absolute truth. "They run from the truth because they don't have any answers for their lies."
    "I still want to make sure that I let them know that we were being censored," Diamond said. "Why did they target us, maliciously and deliberately. Because of what? Because we support the President? Because we're patriotic? Because we're black women?"
    "What's the reason, we want to know," Diamond demanded. She's right. There's a huge effort to silence Conservatives on social media for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
    "We're still waiting on the answer," Silk said of Facebook’s failure to respond.
    Hopefully, today's hearings will result in action, outside of just a horse and pony show such as the Zuckerberg testimony, which has resulted in no changes or intervention.
    Free speech should be permitted on social media platforms, especially when it has the power to affect elections. Companies such as Reddit recently announced, after years of censoring Conservatives, that they will no longer silence “hate speech,” because it's protected by free speech.
    These concerns of the millions of Americans who have been suspended, banned, or silenced for supporting the President of the United States of America must not go unnoticed.
    Even Conservative political candidates have suffered as a result of this censorship. At some point, the government has to regulate social media and the internet as if it were a utility.
    While that concerns Republicans who disavow big government, the alternative is to have your opinions silenced.
    Additional Sources or Relevant Information:
    washingtonexaminer.com/news/diamond-and-silk-facebooks-no-show-at-committee-hearing-proves-that-theyre-guilty