Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
I see it's gonna be like pluckin feathers ....

O.W.
At least 7 members of this site I know of have received "official" red carpet treatment from a variety of agencies. One was a Hutaree. He was arrested, printed. photoed, and disparaged. Won the legal case , but lost job, home, etc. and many thousands in defense of no wrongdoing.
Another was the famed bigmouth prepper. Similar story, similar fate. Run mouth lose life's work. No compensation.
A third was a kind lady whose husband was a gunsmith. Came home from shopping to find a task force waiting and fictitious charges pending. No case ever came from the folly, just pure harassment.
One lost his fight in fictitious eminent domain proceedings oriented to defame and disenfranchise him from his homestead. Seems he had annoyed the local "powers" with his diligent attention to the law. That one was discussed here at some length.
The other 2 I will not elaborate upon, as they didn't make their story known here, and both are in legal process at this time seeking relief and compensation.
One other we all know. After some review his event ended with an abrupt termination of those involved. Seems lying under oath still has some ramifications...
Perhaps there are more.
Not sure.

Lesson is power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
People can not be trusted, as they are liars and worse.
As they said in World War II, loose lips sink ships.
Trust your life only with the Lord.