Thread: Gary Sinise to receive the 2017 George Catlett Marshall Medal

Default Gary Sinise to receive the 2017 George Catlett Marshall Medal

Self-aggrandizing winners of Oscars, Emmys, and Golden Globes can’t even wipe the shoes of this real Hollywood hero

Actor Gary Sinise has been selected to receive the 2017 George Catlett Marshall Medal, the highest award for public service given out by the Council of Trustees of the Association of the United States Army. This award is highly deserved as Mr. Sinise has been unsparing of himself in his devotion to the military and its veterans.

Lifezette There are still some celebrities who do right by the rest of us — including this dedicated man. Actor Gary Sinise is a well-known celebrity within the military community — and for good reason. His name has become synonymous with supporting the troops.

“I am honored to be invited to receive the George Catlett Marshall Medal from the Association of the United States Army,” Sinise said in a statement reported by the Military Times. “It has been a great blessing to know there is something I can do to support the men and women in uniform who defend our nation and I will look forward to expressing my gratitude in person at the Marshall Dinner.”

Throughout my journeys, I’ve noticed that in almost every single facility that I have visited, an autographed photo of Gary Sinise is proudly displayed. A sincere message typically accompanies the photo. Sinise has been supporting military members and veterans for decades now.

In nearly every USO facility, an autographed photo of Gary Sinise is proudly displayed. A sincere message typically accompanies the photo. Sinise has been supporting military members and veterans for decades now.

After his very heartfelt performance as Lt. Dan in the movie “Forrest Gump” — in which he played a severely wounded combat veteran — Sinise began working closely with wounded and disabled veterans.

He has received several awards throughout the years for his selfless service to the military and first responders. He’s also founded an organization — the Gary Sinise Foundation — that provides a host of service to veterans, including providing smart homes for severely wounded and disabled veterans.

The foundation also puts on the Invincible Spirit Festival, which honors wounded service members in addition to their caregivers and hospital staff. If these amazing programs weren’t enough, there’s even more that the Gary Sinise Foundation sponsors.

The Gary Sinise Foundation, which has been supporting military members and their families since 2011, was also honored by the FBI Monday for its efforts to build new smart homes for severely injured police officers and veterans

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."