Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debt Limit Looks Like A Real Struggle After Health Bill Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08 View Post
    WAIT! Your premium is $2900 PER MONTH???
    It will be January 1st 2018 if the increase from '16-'17 is the same. Now it is $2, 085.00 per month.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You can't be serious. He (Trump) cooperated with them!!!! They were full partners, and now they're full partners in trying to smear the small group of legislators that at least held their ground on fully repealing, whether it was for real conservative principles or just to mollify their conservative constituent-base. At least they held to their promises. Trump most certainly did not, yet you're still willing to let him off the hook. There would be nothing truly nationalist in a Nationalist Party led by Trump any more than there's anything republican or conservative in the Republican Party led by the same phony hack! If this debacle with O'Care doesn't prove that for you, what, pray tell, would?

Blues
    Blues, if they were cooperating with each other it would have passed. ACA is now a Republican bill due to their inaction.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08 View Post
    how in the world can anyone pay that much for insurance & still be able to LIVE??
    They can't that's the whole point of Obamacare, make it blow up and force a single payer system.

Quote Originally Posted by PatDaly View Post
    They can't that's the whole point of Obamacare, make it blow up and force a single payer system.
    My brother is a Thoracic surgeon and yes he says the same.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories, Former USA

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    Blues, if they were cooperating with each other it would have passed. ACA is now a Republican bill due to their inaction.
    ACA is still ObamaCare. The garbage that Trump/Ryan tried to pass would've been the Republican equivalent of the ACA garbage. It wouldn't have helped Trump, congressional Republicans, or most importantly, The People any more than O'Care did, has or ever will.

Trump chose the wrong side to shill for. I can't believe anyone gives him a pass for his participation in pushing that steamin' pile of legislative dung. It's also baffling how he can still be seen as the appropriate leader of a new 3rd Party movement after he spent so much political capital shilling for establishment Republicans and the garbage they write. Now he's going after the only faction of Republicans who ever even mention The Constitution in their platform statements. They're the only ones talking about traditionally Reagan-Republican principles of smaller, less intrusive government, which is fully compatible with the promises they made to their voters to repeal O'Care, which Trump's TreasonCare didn't even get close to. Whether or not the (not-so) Freedom Caucus is simply pushing a pretense of upholding their promises, which I think is as likely as not, Trump ain't even doing that. You're backing just another lyin' establishment Republican who is indistinguishable from McConnell, Boehner, or Ryan in what he will actually do in office. The only thing that distinguishes him from them is what he says, and what he said to get elected didn't last a week before he exposed himself as indistinguishable from even Obama himself in refusing to rescind the most blatantly unconstitutional EO Obama ever signed, DACA, a program that protects illegal aliens over the interests of the American People. And still some of you hold onto the notion that he is the Great Anti-Globalist. Total cognitive dissonance.

Blues

He has no foundation in the Constitution.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Maybe the Freedom Caucus should of used their clout to oust Ryan as Speaker.
    That would of been as great a victory as stopping this Bill.

I could be wrong but I think they opposed him.
    They may have enough clout to stop the occasional thing but not enough to do that.

Besides, I think there were some "moderates" who opposed it, too
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    They may have enough clout to stop the occasional thing but not enough to do that.

They backed him in '15.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/u...ucus.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post

I'm just glad the Republicans were so concerned that they probably just guaranteed me a $2,900 monthly payment.