Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What A War With North Korea Would Probably Look Like

IMHO There are a lot of "ifs" concerning the NK's.

It won't be like Afgan. Which had/has no techey stuff. No planes, no tanks, no artillery. Just AK 47's and IED's. More guerilla stuff, not government backed, then standing army with a government.

Not like Iraq, where the government backed standing army, what 7th in the world at the time, with planes, tanks etc. surrendered in mass. Which was weird and unexpected.

NK stood their ground pretty good the last time we went in. It's part of the reason we got an Armistice instead of a victory.

China did help them, then. Will they do it again. Another if.

Nukes, there are lots of "ifs" on that, will they use them, launch them, ship them, send them underground in those tunnels......lots of 'ifs'.

If it doesn't happen fast, and get over fast will we stay? If the body count goes to high will we stay?

I think the only thing that won't be an 'if' is, it won't be easy.

I also think the only thing we can't let them do is acquire an ICBM. Pre-emp if we have to. Them having nukes is bad, but I hope we could interdict there movement outside of the country. Meaning shipping to Iran, in a fishing troller going to San Fran. etc..
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    So why does South Korea ban civilian gun ownership when they share a border with a world class nut case and his brainwashed serfs?
    Good question. The only difference from the north is they are not starving in the south. We should not be putting Americans lives at risk to protect a government which deprives it's citizens of the right to self defense.

If no one helps NK then I predict a very short dominating conflict like the Gulf war. NK couldn't touch us in a Conventional war.
    It's these unconventional wars that we have trouble with, and only because the US always believes there is a difference between civilians and the enemy combatants. That isn't always the case of course (Vietnam and the current wars). I blame the liberal media and stupid masses for our past and current elongated conflicts. You just can't win over hearts and minds.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefSupreme View Post
    If no one helps NK then I predict a very short dominating conflict like the Gulf war. NK couldn't touch us in a Conventional war.
    It's these unconventional wars that we have trouble with, and only because the US always believes there is a difference between civilians and the enemy combatants. That isn't always the case of course (Vietnam and the current wars). I blame the liberal media and stupid masses for our past and current elongated conflicts. You just can't win over hearts and minds.
    Just like the last time, Russia and China will help NK...

This will be one effect from a war with North Korea.

M*A*S*H Reboot On The Cards As War With North Korea Again Seems Inevitable
    Satire

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncat...ms-inevitable/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/