Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DREAMers can "Rest Easy"

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories, Former USA

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    You make me laugh right in your face out loud. LOL
    Guess you don't care what the Contitiion says then not citizens YES THEY ARE, Unfortunately~!!!
    Got to Change The Constitution First, so this can not happen. But it has not so LIVE WITH IT. Those that have been here Years and years and have not been a burden, but helping the uSA be a better country can stay, Git Rid of those bad ones that don't give a dern.
    At least with Godwit the garbage replies were well-written.....

Read it and weep.... If you've got the requisite number of firing synapses to comprehend it, that is:

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads in part:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside."
    ...Senator Jacob Howard worked closely with Abraham Lincoln in drafting and passing the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which abolished slavery. He also served on the Senate Joint Committee on Reconstruction, which drafted the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard clearly spelled out the intent of the 14th Amendment by writing:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

... The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.

Over a century ago, the Supreme Court correctly confirmed this restricted interpretation of citizenship in the so-called 'Slaughter-House cases' [83 US 36 (1873)] and in [112 US 94 (1884)]. In Elk v.Wilkins, the phrase 'subject to its jurisdiction' excluded from its operation 'children of ministers, consuls, and citizens of foreign states born within the United States.' In Elk, the American Indian claimant was considered not an American citizen because the law required him to be 'not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction and owing them direct and immediate allegiance.'

Congress subsequently passed a special act to grant full citizenship to American Indians, who were not citizens even through they were born within the borders of the United States. The Citizens Act of 1924, codified in 8USCSß1401, provides that:

"The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
    (a) a person born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
    (b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe."

The original intent of the 14th Amendment was clearly not to facilitate illegal aliens defying U.S. law and obtaining citizenship for their offspring, nor obtaining benefits at taxpayer expense. Current estimates indicate there may be over 300,000 anchor babies born each year in the U.S., thus causing illegal alien mothers to add more to the U.S. population each year than immigration from all sources in an average year before 1965.

Australia rescinded birthright citizenship in 2007, as did New Zealand in 2006, Ireland in 2005, France in 1993, and the United Kingdom in 1983. This leaves the United States and Canada as the only remaining industrialized nations to grant automatic citizenship to every person born within the borders of the country, irrespective of their parents' nationality or immigration status.

American citizens must be wary of elected politicians voting to illegally extend our generous social benefits to illegal aliens and other criminals.

Now Hoppalong, while you're sitting there doing whatever it is you claim constitutes "thinking," try for just a moment to give one scenario, any scenario, wholly made up or from some misreading of historical facts doesn't matter, why in 1868 when the Fourteenth Amendment was (not legitimately) ratified, legislators of the day would've seen fit to grant birthright citizenship for kids whose parents were here illegally. Just one scenario that purports to make a lick of sense as to why the American government would institute such a law.

If you can't "think" of a good reason, there is a plethora of scholarship available to you to help you understand why you can't - because there is no good reason! You don't even have to go looking for the scholarship or the Supreme Court cases or the history or the illegitimate method used by leftists within just the last 30 years to push the bullchit meme of birthright citizenship on an unsuspecting (or brain-dead, as the case may be) population. Only a small fraction of such scholarship is right here, and if you bother to read it and educate yourself, even a small fraction is adequate for that purpose. If you haven't the desire to actually know what you're talking about on this subject, it will be abundantly apparent when you next make a post about it, just like it was in the post I'm replying to now. Here ya go - inform yourself of the truth and legalities of birthright citizenship:

The UnConstitutionality of Citizenship by Birth to Non-Americans
    , by P.A. Madison, Former Research Fellow in Constitutional Studies, February 1, 2005

Illegal Aliens and American Medicine
    , by Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq., The Journal of the American Physicians and Surgeons, Volume 10 Number 1 - Spring 2005

Track 'anchor babies'
    , by Al Knight, Denver Post, September 11, 2002.

Change U.S. law on anchor babies
    , by Al Knight, Denver Post, June 22, 2005.

The Mexican Fifth Column
    by Tom DeWeese, January 27, 2003.

Alien Birthright Citizenship: A Fable That Lives Through Ignorance
    , by P.A. Madison, The Federalist Blog, December 17, 2005.

Born in the U.S.A.? Rethinking Birthright Citizenship in the Wake of 9/11
    - Testimony of Dr. John C. Eastman, Professor of Law, Chapman University School of Law, Director, The Claremont Institute Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, Oversight Hearing on “Dual Citizenship, Birthright Citizenship, and the Meaning of Sovereignty” - U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims

Birthright Citizenship: Is it the Right Policy for America?
    , Jon Feere, Center for Immigration Studies, April 29, 2015, Testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security

Birthright Citizenship in the United States: A Global Comparison
    , John Feere, Center for Immigration Studies, August, 2010.

Nations Granting Birthright Citizenship
    , NumbersUSA.com, August 6, 2014.

Children of Illegal [Alien] Immigrants Are Not Born American Citizens
    , Tim Dunkin, Canada Free Press, August 25, 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I read something the other day saying that Ryan's House either put, or is poised to put, a bill on Trump's desk that fully funds Obama's/Trump's unconstitutional DACA program
    Do not the fees that DACA beneficiaries fund the program? The Dreamers pay fees to get into the program, work and pay taxers, go to school and prepare themselves to work and pay more taxes.

Then there's the money saved by not having to pay federal agents to round them up; they registered, we have their addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Do not the fees that DACA beneficiaries fund the program? The Dreamers pay fees to get into the program, work and pay taxers, go to school and prepare themselves to work and pay more taxes.

Then there's the money saved by not having to pay federal agents to round them up; they registered, we have their addresses.
    Yes, there are fees. No, I don't think the fees paid cover all the costs, and even if they did, DACA, as a program that only has "authorization" to exist coming from the Oval Office, is still unconstitutional. I'm not sure a reliable accounting for the program can even be had considering that fact, but if you think the fees paid covers all the costs associated with it, then post up your evidence. I already said that I found the source where I read that to be poorly-written and lacking corroboration, and purposely refrained from endorsing what I read in any way, but my main complaint with DACA has always been the unconstitutional manner in which it was implemented in any case. What I read seemed consistent with the OP so I recalled and mentioned it the best I could.

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    They should all be deported. Every last one of them. Offspring of illegals are illegals too. They are not citizens of this country. Get them all out.
    ^^^Exactly what I think!
    I've said it over and over. This country can deport ALL these pecker heads if they just get after it already! It can be done. But NO ONE wants to be the one who orders it done. Americans are sick of illegals being here, taking jobs away, being on welfare (and don't tell me they aren't). People know where the illegals are in their areas. It CAN be done. There's just no one with balls enough to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08 View Post
    ^^^Exactly what I think!
    I've said it over and over. This country can deport ALL these pecker heads if they just get after it already! It can be done. But NO ONE wants to be the one who orders it done. Americans are sick of illegals being here, taking jobs away, being on welfare (and don't tell me they aren't). People know where the illegals are in their areas. It CAN be done. There's just no one with balls enough to get it done.
    There must be incentive, to giterdone. That's the key. Every day another illegal kills a citizen, is a day where the incentive grows. Every day a muslim kills a citizen is a day where the incentive grows.... every day the incentive grows.... and that's the way it is. One day we hit a tipping point, and then the lines are drawn. Then the bullets fly. No political solutin wil be implemented, it's too costly to the politicians, and it goes against their agendas.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by ractivist
    No political solutin wil be implemented, it's too costly to the politicians, and it goes against their agendas.
    Yep. That's the bottom line right there.

One day we hit a tipping point,
    When that happens, it will be too late.
    It may already be
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Warning! Old Thread!

Some Dreamers will not rest easy.

Senate Democrats Refuse To Grant Legal Status To Children Dreaming Of Being Born
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/senate-de...dreaming-born/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

What if:
    Trump goes "soft" on DACA & DREAMERS and talks about unity and coming together as a nation at the SOTU. Democraps want nothing to do with it = Trump turns to his voter base and basically shrugs and say he tried but the Democraps don't really care about immigration.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    What if:
    Trump goes "soft" on DACA & DREAMERS and talks about unity and coming together as a nation at the SOTU. Democraps want nothing to do with it = Trump turns to his voter base and basically shrugs and say he tried but the Democraps don't really care about immigration.
    One of two things is going to happen with DACA - 1) Trump uses the issue to bargain for something he wants from the Dems. His bargaining chip may be increasing the total number of amnesties granted (which has already been floated), or he may cash in his chip on a completely unrelated issue, or 2) the Dems agree to nothing and Trump continues DACA as the wholly unconstitutional diktat of Obama that it has always been and still is.

Trump spoke of DACA during the campaign as being one of the unconstitutional EOs of Obama's that he literally promised to rescind on Day One of his administration. As such, it should not still be around for him to be using as a bargaining chip, nor for Dems to use as a cudgel to force his hand on immigration or any other issue(s). It's an untenable position for which Trump only has himself to blame. If he'd just kept that most blatant of constitutional promises that he made, he'd be in a position of strength, credibility and legality going into tonight's dog and pony show, and Dems would be sitting there having sat on their hands for the last year while Dreamers faced deportation and other sanctions due to DACA no longer protecting them from their otherwise illegal status. Dems would own outright the failure of Congress to form a constitutionally-compliant Dream Act that could/would pass. Since everybody knows that Dems would never allow Trump to get credit for such an Act passing and being signed into law on his watch, it would've not only been the constitutional thing for him to do to rescind Obama's diktat, but he would've won on the political front too. Rescinding it would make the Dems' intransigence utterly undeniable tonight. How he handled it instead though, has left him with no way to claim a clear victory, whether political or for the adult offspring of criminal trespassers known as "Dreamers."

But it doesn't really matter. Republican supporters will shrug their shoulders and call whatever he comes up with a victory anyway. They won't give a rip that he's been administering a blatantly illegally-constructed program for more than a year, anymore than they will care that 1.8 to 3.1 to however many million freshly-minted Democrat voters it takes to get a deal on DACA passed, Trump will still be their hero sent by God to resuscitate a country that hasn't paid any attention to the Charter that validates its status as a country for at least 150 years.

Only in America......

Blues