Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gardening Anyone?

Another msg sent.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Sorry.
    Outside and just came in and saw this
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

So, I go out this morning to dig my first batch of new potatoes. I found, as I was washing them, that something has been eating on them. Do grubs eat potatoes? This is a first for me, as we've never had success in the past with growing them.

We dug about 1/4 of our potatoes this morning, and don't know if we will even dig the rest. It looks as if our potato crop this year is a big bust. Lots of large potatoes, but they seem to have some sort of fungus on them, with little tiny insects eating on them. I have never seen anything like it, but I'm not a skilled potato grower, either.

Anyone have any suggestions of what may have gone wrong?