IRS Officials Say Their Lives Are in Danger if They Testify About Tea Party Bias

The big, bad government bullies suddenly are scared of... RV-driving tea party members?

News
M.J. Randolph

During a hotly-contested Presidential election, the IRS decided to delay the tax exempt applications for various Tea Party and conservative organizations. Now that it's time for the guilty to deal with their unconstitutional behavior, the big bad government bullies are shaking in their boots. At least, that's what they want you to believe. The FreeBeacon has the story:
Current and former IRS officials are asking not to publicly testify about the agency’s alleged bias against Tea Party and other conservative organizations, claiming they are in danger if they do so.
Former official Lois Lerner and Holly Paz both argued in recent filings under seal in the U.S. District Court in Cincinnati that the death threats and other harassment they have faced take precedence over the public’s right to hear their testimony on the case of IRS bias against conservative groups…
Does this even pass the straight-face test? Mark Meckler, the co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, criticized their cowardice. "Tea partiers were subjected to scorn, ridicule, abuse and threats precisely because of what people like Lois Lerner did to us. They tried to make us look like criminals," he wrote. "I and my family, and many other tea partiers received death threats. I was forced to take safety precautions including wearing body armor for public appearances. The idea that Lois Lerner, Holly Paz and others could hide from public scrutiny of their crimes by saying that people post mean things about them on blogs is an outrage."
What amuses me is the idea that these people are afraid of Tea Party members, the great Americans driving around the nation in RVs with America bumper stickers on their vehicles and patriotism in their hearts. Take one second to compare the Tea Party members to the ridiculous leftist Antifa movement out in Berkeley. One group is law-abiding, patriotic, and has never had a incidence of violence. The other group tells its members to wear masks, hoods, and set property aflame. They expect us to believe that they're afraid of conservatives? Please. It's time to call their bluff.
The heavy hand of the government was used to intimidate average Americans. The people responsible need to pay the price.