Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obstruction of Justice

And a second article --
    Notes made by former FBI Director Comey say Trump pressured him to end Flynn probe

Comey’s description of the event made clear his understanding of the
    conversation was that the president was seeking to impede the
    investigation, according to people who have read the account or had it
    read to them, these people said. Comey felt that the conversation was
    improper and decided to keep the details of the conversations away from
    the case agents working on the Russia probe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...69_story.html?

Quote Originally Posted by GodwitToo View Post
    And a second article --
    Notes made by former FBI Director Comey say Trump pressured him to end Flynn probe

Comey’s description of the event made clear his understanding of the
    conversation was that the president was seeking to impede the
    investigation, according to people who have read the account or had it
    read to them, these people said. Comey felt that the conversation was
    improper and decided to keep the details of the conversations away from
    the case agents working on the Russia probe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...69_story.html?
    If this is true:

"Comey felt that the conversation was improper and decided to keep the details of the conversations away from the case agents working on the Russia probe."

Comey didn't just screw the pooch, he hired the kennel for a harem. Talk about obstruction!

I don't believe this is true, I think what you are seeing is a panicked, hail-Mary pass.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    If this is true:

"Comey felt that the conversation was improper and decided to keep the details of the conversations away from the case agents working on the Russia probe."

Comey didn't just screw the pooch, he hired the kennel for a harem. Talk about obstruction!

I don't believe this is true, I think what you are seeing is a panicked, hail-Mary pass.

Also in the Wash Post article --

"On Tuesday, people close to the matter who spoke on the condition of
    anonymity told The Washington Post that Comey kept detailed notes of his
    multiple conversations with Trump.

"Details of Comey’s notes were shared with a very small circle of people at the FBI
    and Justice Department, these people said."

Quote Originally Posted by GodwitToo View Post
    Also in the Wash Post article --

"On Tuesday, people close to the matter who spoke on the condition of
    anonymity told The Washington Post that Comey kept detailed notes of his
    multiple conversations with Trump.

"Details of Comey’s notes were shared with a very small circle of people at the FBI
    and Justice Department, these people said."
    More anonymous sources, more "evidence" that is thus far only vaporware.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Lawmakers are sounding the alarm over reports that Trump tried to squash the Flynn investigation

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...justice-2017-5

Here's everything Trump has said about his fired national security adviser Mike Flynn

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...ted-so-badly-1

IRS Officials Say Their Lives Are in Danger if They Testify About Tea Party Bias

The big, bad government bullies suddenly are scared of... RV-driving tea party members?

News
    M.J. Randolph

During a hotly-contested Presidential election, the IRS decided to delay the tax exempt applications for various Tea Party and conservative organizations. Now that it's time for the guilty to deal with their unconstitutional behavior, the big bad government bullies are shaking in their boots. At least, that's what they want you to believe. The FreeBeacon has the story:
    Current and former IRS officials are asking not to publicly testify about the agency’s alleged bias against Tea Party and other conservative organizations, claiming they are in danger if they do so.
    Former official Lois Lerner and Holly Paz both argued in recent filings under seal in the U.S. District Court in Cincinnati that the death threats and other harassment they have faced take precedence over the public’s right to hear their testimony on the case of IRS bias against conservative groups…
    Does this even pass the straight-face test? Mark Meckler, the co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, criticized their cowardice. "Tea partiers were subjected to scorn, ridicule, abuse and threats precisely because of what people like Lois Lerner did to us. They tried to make us look like criminals," he wrote. "I and my family, and many other tea partiers received death threats. I was forced to take safety precautions including wearing body armor for public appearances. The idea that Lois Lerner, Holly Paz and others could hide from public scrutiny of their crimes by saying that people post mean things about them on blogs is an outrage."
    What amuses me is the idea that these people are afraid of Tea Party members, the great Americans driving around the nation in RVs with America bumper stickers on their vehicles and patriotism in their hearts. Take one second to compare the Tea Party members to the ridiculous leftist Antifa movement out in Berkeley. One group is law-abiding, patriotic, and has never had a incidence of violence. The other group tells its members to wear masks, hoods, and set property aflame. They expect us to believe that they're afraid of conservatives? Please. It's time to call their bluff.
    The heavy hand of the government was used to intimidate average Americans. The people responsible need to pay the price.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Trump Officials on Comey Memo: ‘Don’t See How Trump Isn’t Completely F*cked’

The president reportedly asked the FBI director to stop
    investigating Trump’s top national security aide—a bombshell that has an
    already-beleaguered White House begging for mercy.

Trump administration officials described the current state of affairs in
    the West Wing as expectedly chaotic and anxious—but having an almost
    “numbing effect,” as one described it—as White House staff and senior
    Trump aides frantically jumped from one crisis and negative news cycle
    to the next.

“Every time I feel like we’re getting a handle on the last Russia
    fiasco, a new one pops,” a White House staffer told The Daily Beast on
    Monday evening. On Tuesday, after reports of the Comey memo began to
    circulate, the staffer revised that assessment: “I guess I was wrong
    about the timing,” the staffer said. “We can’t even wrap up one Russia
    fiasco before we’re on to the next one.”

A senior official in the
    Trump administration, who previously worked on the president’s campaign,
    offered a candid and brief assessment of the fallout from that string
    of bad press: “I don’t see how Trump isn’t completely ****ed.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...mpletely-fcked

Whites Banned From Cafe Designated As Nonwhite ‘Sanctuary’

College provost: ‘Nothing more important than being a multicultural campus’

WND - May 16, 2017 39 Comments

American University in Washington, D.C., has reportedly banned white students from using its new “student lounge” for the spring semester, according to the College Fix.
    The lounge, which is called “The Bridge,” opened just six weeks ago. It is planned to be “a community space that student organizations can use however they would like,” with open mic nights, slam poetry and “other student initiated programming,” Darcy Frailey, associate director for facilities and other event services, told the Eagle, American University’s student news site. The lounge seats 80 people and features large working tables, comfortable sofas and chairs, coffee tables, a television and a large stage for events. School officials said they plan to hire students who qualify for the federal work-study program to work at “The Bridge.”
    The ban comes just after campus officials discovered bananas hanging in nooses with the letters “AKA” and the word “Harambe” scribbled onto them. “AKA” is short for Alpha Kappa Alpha, a black sorority. The May 1 incident led to a 50-student protest Friday that blocked traffic in a parking garage. The student crowd chanted “We can’t breathe,” a reference to black New Yorker Eric Garner, who died on July 17, 2014, after he was arrested by police.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."