Thread: UK Schools Asked To 'Show Sensitivity' To Muslims By Adapting Classes Around Ramadan

Default UK Schools Asked To 'Show Sensitivity' To Muslims By Adapting Classes Around Ramadan

Schools Asked To ‘Show Sensitivity’ To Muslims By Adapting Classes Around Ramadan

U[/

The body, which represents some 18,000 headteachers and college leaders, according to the MailOnline, recommends schools reschedule revision classes and redesign physical education lesson plans in order to take the religious sensibilities of Muslim pupils into account. Islam forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours during the month of Ramadan.

“School and college leaders will also want to consider the possible impact fasting and late night prayers during Ramadan may have on Muslim children when setting dates for other activities, such as sports days, trips and celebrations,” the document adds.

ASCL also advises invigilators not to recommend pupils in hot exam rooms take even a “tiny sip of water” unless they appear to be suffering from dehydration, in case this offends Muslims undertaking the fast.

“If a student taking an exam is showing any signs that they may be dehydrated, such as a headache or drowsiness, they should be advised to terminate the fast immediately by drinking some water,” the pamphlet cautions.

Invigilators are told they should familiarise themselves with the rules governing Ramadan so they can “inform pupils of the allowances Islam gives for them to break the fast and make it up later if they feel fasting will in any way jeopardise their performance”.

The report, authored by an “inclusion expert” in consultation with various Islamic scholars, imams and other “experts”, notes that “Ramadan may bring many benefits to individuals and communities, but also has the potential to cause the individual temporary hardship through hunger and lack of liquids during fasting hours which may impact on physical wellbeing and cognitive performance.”

Ramadan, like the Christian festival of Easter, falls on slightly different dates every year, in accordance with a traditional lunar calendar.

Follow Jack Montgomery on Twitter: @JackBMontgomery
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

If this is IN America....Oh hell no! If in the UK, or anywhere else int he world,...well, it's your country, and you can see where bowing to their "wishes" has gotten you...have at it.
    Old enough to remember

Just looked up ASCL and shows Uk. Sorry about not getting that info iinto the post. Just fixed the title.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

The more I see, the more I believe Islam could be the foundation of the anti-Christ's religion/government.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest
    The more I see, the more I believe Islam could be the foundation of the anti-Christ's religion/government.
    Would that then mean the anti-Christ will be a Muslim? Just asking, because I've heard this line of thinking before.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Europe is just going to shiite.....on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Would that then mean the anti-Christ will be a Muslim? Just asking, because I've heard this line of thinking before.
    Maybe, maybe not. I believe he could be someone who brings Islam, Judaism and apostate Christianity together using the lie, "We all serve the same God".
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest
    Maybe, maybe not. I believe he could be someone who brings Islam, Judaism and apostate Christianity together using the lie, "We all serve the same God".
    Thanks, Pastor. This is more in line with my way of thinking as well. We can already see this beginning to take shape.