Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 296 Earthquakes In The Vicinity Of The Yellowstone Supervolcano Within The Last 7 Day

Looks like Pele might be stirring up some trouble on the mainland, or maybe she's fixing something so there isn't an eruption. She tries not to hurt people so that would be my best guess. I'll make sure when I pray tonight to ask her to look into Yellowstone. :)
    Ku`ia ka hele a ka na`au ha`aha`a

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/ktvm/...akes/557517895

BUTTE, Mont. - Seismologists are studying a swarm of 500-plus earthquakes that have rattled the Yellowstone Park area since June 12.

Most are centered 8 miles north-northeast of West Yellowstone. That is just a few miles east of the Hebgen Lake Basin, the site of the historic 1959 quake. That one measured 7.3 on the Richter scale, killed 28 people and created Quake Lake, near the Gallatin National Forest.

Mike Stickney, of the Earthquake Studies office at Montana Tech, said earthquake swarms are normal this time of year. He says many are smaller. When we checked we found dozens that measured under 2.0 on the Richter scale.

However, Stickney said he hasn’t seen such an extensive swarm of earthquakes in Yellowstone since 2010. But he stressed each is small enough that no one is in immediate danger.

Stickney told us, “We live in earthquake country. We can never say that this isn't leading up to something bigger. But at this point, we have no reason to believe its portending to be anything more drastic."

You can follow this link and track earthquakes in Montana and around the world.
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Yellowstone

UPDATE: Are 770 Earthquakes at Yellowstone in Past Two Weeks a Prelude to the Big One?

769 earthquakes were recorded at Yellowstone over the last two weeks, raising …
    www.breakingisraelnews.com18m
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Well it is over due. Just another natural earth occurrence showing its growing pains.

This is a normal cycle that happens every 8-13 months, probably caused by gravitational pull from other planets. Every time it happens though its the end of the world. Last time roads were melting too but happens just about every year.

Sure it is how can some on here get their daily consumption of doom and gloom news, only by posting things like that so others may also get their daily feeding as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong
    Sure it is how can some on here get their daily consumption of doom and gloom news, only by posting things like that so others may also get their daily feeding as well.
    You're too funny sometimes, Hoppalong.....

There are people here who have legitimate concerns over this. Just as those of us who live on or near the New Madrid fault line. Just because this may happen every year, doesn't mean that a big one won't occur while these smaller events are taking place. It won't be doom and gloom fear mongering if it actually happens.

If it does go off then not much to worry about since its an extinction level event. We are for more likely to get exterminated by a meteor than jellystone. Meteors hit the earth every year, mostly small ones but once in awhile we get hit by a biggie. Been lucky lately that most of the larger ones land in unpopulated areas.