Thread: Here's a creamy jalapeno sauce for Quesadillas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Here's a creamy jalapeno sauce for Quesadillas

I bought one of the clone recipe books by Todd Wilbur on half.com. A recipe for chicken quesadillas was in it and because it sounded so good, I wanted to try it. And...it was good! The sauce is quite "nippy" which makes the whole thing not only taste good, but easy to make.

Sauce:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
    2 tsp minced jalapeno (bottled) (I used only 1 tsp)
    2 tsp juice from bottled jalapeno (I used only 1 tsp)
    3/4 tsp granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp paprika (I used 1/4 tsp)
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    pinch salt

For the Quesadillas:

Chicken (breast or whatever cut you want) cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (I used leg quarters)
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
    2 slices American cheese ( I omitted)
    4 large (10 inch) flour tortillas

Put a tortilla in a hot skillet. On one half, place about 1/4 cup chicken, top the chicken with the cheeses.
    On the other tortilla half, spread the jalapeno sauce and then fold the tortilla. It will be cooking while you are
    placing the ingredients on the top. Fold the sauce side over onto the chicken-cheese side. Turn over to
    continue cooking the tortilla.

So easy and quite tasty. Wish I would've thought but I could've made some refried beans to go along. By the way, when I've used the refried beans from a can, by putting some bacon grease in them, it deepens the flavor.

Hope you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho1 View Post
    I bought one of the clone recipe books by Todd Wilbur on half.com. A recipe for chicken quesadillas was in it and because it sounded so good, I wanted to try it. And...it was good! The sauce is quite "nippy" which makes the whole thing not only taste good, but easy to make.

Sauce:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
    2 tsp minced jalapeno (bottled) (I used only 1 tsp)
    2 tsp juice from bottled jalapeno (I used only 1 tsp)
    3/4 tsp granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp paprika (I used 1/4 tsp)
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    pinch salt

For the Quesadillas:

Chicken (breast or whatever cut you want) cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (I used leg quarters)
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
    2 slices American cheese ( I omitted)
    4 large (10 inch) flour tortillas

Put a tortilla in a hot skillet. On one half, place about 1/4 cup chicken, top the chicken with the cheeses.
    On the other tortilla half, spread the jalapeno sauce and then fold the tortilla. It will be cooking while you are
    placing the ingredients on the top. Fold the sauce side over onto the chicken-cheese side. Turn over to
    continue cooking the tortilla.

So easy and quite tasty. Wish I would've thought but I could've made some refried beans to go along. By the way, when I've used the refried beans from a can, by putting some bacon grease in them, it deepens the flavor.

Hope you enjoy!

Mmmmm.

O.W.

I make quick and easy quesadillas... thinly sliced pepperjack cheese in a flour tortilla.
    I hand flip in a non-stick skillet. I don't like mine overdone so it only takes a few minutes
    on medium to low heat. So yummy !