Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your God?

Thanks, Wiskey, for this: "...restoring all the world to the worship and conformation to the character of the One true G-d." Indeed! The ministry of reconciliation. May it come to pass and may His will be done and His kingdom come! We must remember that even the "CI" people need to have the true gospel 'preached' to them. Appreciate "all y'all's" efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Thanks, Wiskey, for this: "...restoring all the world to the worship and conformation to the character of the One true G-d." Indeed! The ministry of reconciliation. May it come to pass and may His will be done and His kingdom come! We must remember that even the "CI" people need to have the true gospel 'preached' to them. Appreciate "all y'all's" efforts.
    Arrowcreek is not in an unredeemable position. His positions take a historic, first century truth(that there were certain "Jews" who were neither native born, nor voluntarily converted, nor following Judaism, who were among those who plotted Jesus death), and wrap a shroud of darkness around it by extrapolating that all the way back to the Patriarchs and to the garden. Then it get's propped up by a fairy tale of magical powers of animals and angels to mate with humans. So they take something that is ridiculous to consider now and make it somehow plausible by distancing it with thousands of years of seperation and the mystical feel of the creation and patriarchal accounts. Rather than looking at other scenarios which have a better llikelihood of plausibility, it jumps to mysticism (the woo woo kind) and magical scenarios to account for their preferred conclusion. All Arrowcreek needs to do is drop the subjective parts with which he fills in the blanks, and he can arrive at something sustainable. But that will generate another problem. Then he'll have to face his own internal emotional biases, cast them aside and go hug a Jew. That will be the biggest challenge. Not the text itself, but the internal struggle with his biases.

The Holy One said of Abraham and his descendants, " Those who bless you will be blessed, and those who curse you will be cursed". Arrowcreek warns against speaking against a believer, yet does he heed his own advice regarding the Jewish people?
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by arrowcreek View Post
    Be very careful who you call a Wolf in Sheep clothing. We will be held accountable for what we say about our brethren and sisters in the Lord.
    Your OP was taken from an internet site which has what they call the "Mein Kampf Project" and if you didn't know and couldn't guess what that is let me explain it to you. The objective of that "project" is to glorify Adolf Hitler and everything he did. It also says "Adolf Hitler was a good Christian man".

Is that what you believe? Do you consider him one of your "brothers" in the Lord?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    I don't make any claim to being a scholar either, Grampster, but it's not hard for me to see that making eternal status an issue of race is a very big problem....one that I will vehemently oppose.
    I just reread my post. I don't think I was very clear. Sorry. I didn't mean that people who hate others due to race etc are inspired by God to be that way or to find ways to assign levels of eternal life according to our racial makeup. Galatians 3:28 relates to that. Racists probably would retort that the Word only mentioned slaves, marriage and sex, not race. But, I would rebut that with OK, what about crippled or not? Red head or blonde? Tall or short? "3:28 ends by say you are all one in Jesus." What I meant was that Truth is in the Word and it's purpose is for us to acclimate ourselves to it, to God, not look for ways to twist his Word to suit our prejudices. Sorry again. I make dumb comments sometimes. Stuff doesn't come out of my mouth or fingers sometimes as an accurate representation of what is going on in my brain.

Those who have learned to be prejudiced according to skin color ought to go watch a post mortem. I have. What they'll find out is the color of a human skin is so thin as to hardly be able to measure it. The rest of the body is all the same, excepting of course for differences due to male and female.

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    I just reread my post. I don't think I was very clear. Sorry. I didn't mean that people who hate others due to race etc are inspired by God to be that way or to find ways to assign levels of eternal life according to our racial makeup. Galatians 3:28 relates to that. Racists probably would retort that the Word only mentioned slaves, marriage and sex, not race. But, I would rebut that with OK, what about crippled or not? Red head or blonde? Tall or short? "3:28 ends by say you are all one in Jesus." What I meant was that Truth is in the Word and it's purpose is for us to acclimate ourselves to it, to God, not look for ways to twist his Word to suit our prejudices. Sorry again. I make dumb comments sometimes. Stuff doesn't come out of my mouth or fingers sometimes as an accurate representation of what is going on in my brain.

Those who have learned to be prejudiced according to skin color ought to go watch a post mortem. I have. What they'll find out is the color of a human skin is so thin as to hardly be able to measure it. The rest of the body is all the same, excepting of course for differences due to male and female.
    I never imagined you were thinking any different, sir...but thanks for clarifying.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Your OP was taken from an internet site which has what they call the "Mein Kampf Project" and if you didn't know and couldn't guess what that is let me explain it to you. The objective of that "project" is to glorify Adolf Hitler and everything he did. It also says "Adolf Hitler was a good Christian man".

Is that what you believe? Do you consider him one of your "brothers" in the Lord?
    It's amazing, but the number of Hitler defending groups is really increasing. What's worse is how many mainstream people are buying into those arguements. A whole internet battle is being waged by those attempting to debunk the holocaust, and others debunking the debunkers.

Funny how no one defends all the other mass murdering tyrrants of modern history, but the one who did it to the Jews gets to be a good Christian and a hero. Notice how Arrowcreek has not responded directly to questions? Why won't he come out and denounce the killing of Jews, or directly answer a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    Notice how Arrowcreek has not responded directly to questions? Why won't he come out and denounce the killing of Jews, or directly answer a question?
    Yes, but that has been typical of arrowcreek's posting not just in this thread but in the Root Cellar as well. I don't know exactly what arrowcreek believes but you can't visit that site without knowing what they preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er
    Yes, but that has been typical of arrowcreek's posting not just in this thread but in the Root Cellar as well. I don't know exactly what arrowcreek believes but you can't visit that site without knowing what they preach.
    I agree. We have another member here who is/was involved with the Christian Identity nonsense, but they don't come here much anymore. I won't call names, but he never came out and answered these type of questions, either. He finally exposed himself, and took so much heat and criticism, he left for a long time.

It could be the same with arrowcreek, knowing that by directly answering questions, he will be exposed. Christian Identity isn't tolerated too well by people in general.

I still hope that I'm wrong concerning him.

Well, this brings us back to the arguement in the midst of all this. Arrowcreek claims all the NT salvation basics as things he embraces. To me, this proves that perfect doctrine is less of a measure of anything than is character. One can believe all they want about what is perfect and essential to salvation. But, in the end, it makes zero difference to what a person chooses to place into their mind. Perfect doctrine, accompanied by a sick world view is destructive, no matter how you try and justify it. And on the basis of that world view, one may use their perfect doctrine to murder others, in body and in spirit. Likewise, one can figure out all the true conspiracy theories from the false ones, yet, if any one of them causes one shred of unrighteous bias toward other human beings, they are fodder for murder. Maybe we should all take a lesson from what we've experienced here.

The thing I run into from some of the friends of mine who are religious is that they twist the scripture around to suit their world view. I find that a lot with Catholic friends who go to mass regularly, hang out with priests, jump through all the Catholic hoops, yet are pro abortion. (I'm not knocking the RCC here. It's just that most Catholics have never really read the bible.) They depend on being told what scripture means rather than prayerful contemplation of scripture and reading it to discover the Truth themselves. I have found that certain other sects of Christians do the same. Some rail about Catholics following tradition rather than scripture while creating their own traditions at the same time. I find many folks of the neo-liberal persuasion who treat the bible the same way as they treat the Constitution; that it is outdated and needs to conform to our cultural needs and wants at the present time rather than accommodating their beliefs and actions to the Word of God.