Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your God?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who is your God?

Yeshua Hamashiach means “Jesus the Messiah.

This has puzzled me for sometime now, why did they change Yeshua to Jesus in the KJV and yet they are tolled not to do this? I find this article interesting and it helps to shed some light on how this may of happened. Now I got SAVED under the name of Jesus and I understand that my Lord knows my heart and I intend to serve Him throughout eternity. Now as we grow in His wisdom and understanding and the truth of how we have been deceived by Satan over these many years should we correctly pronounce His name Yeshua/Jesus?

God Bless

Who is you your God? By Steven

We have already reached the time when we should make every effort to live according to the will of Yahweh. There are scriptures which surely speak expressly to our time on this subject. Consider Hosea 2:16, "And it shall be at that day saith Yahweh, that tho shall call Me Ishi { my husband} and shalt call me no more Baal { my Lord }."

Sooner or later we must face the fact that we have been using the name or title of a pagan god which is really Satan. This must be cleansed, that we may worship Yahweh in His own true name. This is what He is speaking of in Ezekiel 39:7, where He says “So will I make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel and I will not let them pollute My holy name anymore; and the heathen shall know that I am Yahweh, the Holy One in Israel.” In the early times, His people Israel did know His name and used it in their worship. Then came the corruption by the lying pen of the scribes, which suppressed the use of His name and finally even the knowledge of it and substituted the Lord. This cannot continue forever for Yahweh says, “So will I make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel and I will not let them pollute My holy name anymore.”

Don’t you think it is time we began this reform? Micah 6:9 says, “Yahweh’s voice crieth to the city and the man of wisdom shall see Thy name.” If we are to be men of wisdom, it is time that we change. Even with good intentions in its use, Lord is not the name of an individual, but a title like the word governor. If you needed the help of the governor of your own state, wouldn’t it make a great difference which governor you appealed to?

The whole book of the prophet Joel deals with tremendous events which close this end time. It is the day of Yahweh, when our God comes to put an end to the wicked and all their customs and institutions. We know from the writings of the other prophets who deal with this, the next world war is the beginning of this final conflict between good and evil, between Yahweh and Satan. We know how terrible this universal war will be and how desperately we will need Yahweh’s help to survive it. Joel 2:32 tells us , “in that day, it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Yahweh shall be delivered.” Hadn’t you better start forming new habits of speech, learning to know and to use the correct name of God? You don’t want to find yourself under the terrible strain and excitement of those days saying, “Baal help me!”. Yahweh has told us what His name is and no translation into another language can change that. In this end of the age, there is no longer time to have any doubt as to who your God is.

We still face the question put by Elijah to the people of Israel, “How long hold ye between two opinions. If Yahweh be God, follow Him, but if Baal, follow him.” Or as Joshua told the people, “Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but for me and my house, we will serve Yahweh”. Let us also boldly say, AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE YAHWEH.

Critical note by Clifton A Emahiser: Early in this presentation, Comparet quoted Isaiah 14:12-15 thusly: “How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground which did weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of Yahweh. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit ...” Many will contend that this passage is referring instead to the king of Babylon, which is true, however, here Satan, with his agenda, is compared to the king of Babylon. We must remember Daniel’s prophecy that the Babylonian system would pass seven times over the stump at Daniel 4:16: “Let his heart be changed from man’s, and let a beast’s heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.” A Bible time equals 360 calendar years. Here “seven times” represent 2520 calendar years, which brings us up to our present time. Satan’s Babylon agenda is financial, political, religious and racial in nature, and we are witnessing it coming to an apex. Before one concludes that Isaiah is speaking only of the king of Babylon need to examine Christ’s description of Satan at Luke 10:18 and 1 Tim. 3:12. Is not this Lucifer (Latin for morning-star) the counterfeit day star compared to the true Christ at 2 Pet. 1:19? Truly, we are living in a day when 99.9999% of the world’s population is following and worshiping the agenda of the counterfeit day star, Satan!

Original full length article.

Clifton A. Emahiser’s Teaching Ministries Plus Critical Notes

https://comparet.christogenea.org/sermons/who-your-god

this is like a religious gumbo with everything and the sink. I have and will continue to place my salvation based upon the events and results of the Son of God, Jesus or Yeshua, placing His life on the altar of God's anger in my place. He took what I deserve. Believe on Him and what He did and be saved is how Paul, I believe, put it. Everything else is icing. I'm sure there are many things the collective Christian church has gotten wrong. There are many interpretations of what He did that we got wrong. But we believe on what our hearts and spirit confirm about Him. prep and pray, the end has arrived.

"Jesus" is the English Translation of the Greek:

Ἰησοῦς
    Iēsous
    ee-ay-sooce'
    Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites: - Jesus.
    Even as "Joshua" is the English Translation of the Hebrew:

יְהוֹשֻׁעַ יְהוֹשׁוּעַ
    yehôshûa‛ yehôshûa‛
    yeh-ho-shoo'-ah, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah
    From H3068 and H3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (that is, Joshua), the Jewish leader: - Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare H1954, H3442.
    If the New Testament had been written in Hebrew we would use the English Translation and say His name is Joshua.

Also, it should be noted that Hebrew words begin with a "Y" the English uses "J".

So nowhere in those translations of Greek and Hebrew names translated into English, is there any deviation from the same person. Making Jesus, Satan.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Old, worn out, unscholarly b%ll$h@ t. There are plenty of things to criticize the church for without using speculative word associations in leiu of actual proof.
    Last edited by Wiskey Reb; 07-07-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

My cat thinks she's my God.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

To some, everything is fake, so why not the name of Jesus, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    My cat thinks she's my God.
    She is.

We have 2 and they think they are co-equal gods. And if you don't do what they want, they will knit them eyebrows together, and give you the bad eye. Me and the dog are mere servants. The dog is actual an alien from outer space. Anyway......

I guess if someone wanted to speak, read, and write Hebrew, and Greek they would use the original. As for me, I have enough trouble with English, without looking for more.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by arrowcreek View Post
    Now as we grow in His wisdom and understanding and the truth of how we have been deceived by Satan over these many years should we correctly pronounce His name Yeshua/Jesus?
    Do you believe someone who speaks a different language can be saved if they don't say the Name exactly as you think they should?

Do you believe a person with a speech impediment is doomed for hell?

What about a mute? They in trouble too?

What about someone on their death bed who cries out to Jesus instead of Yeshua, will God turn His back on them?

What about using these names, all of the different names for God (is not Jesus Lord, God?) in the Bible.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. ~ John 10:27-28

Perhaps true salvation is about something different.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Also consider this: {There must be something about that NAME} again I'm not the author of this writing, but do I agree or disagree with any of this? We are the last Generation and deception has been around since Genesis and beyond, the truth of all things will be revealed before His return Matt. 24.

God Bless

By Gerlinda

John 5:43 (KJV)
    "I have come IN MY FATHER'S Name, and you do NOT receive Me; if ANOTHER comes in his own name, you WILL receive him."
    Yahusha said these words to the people who knew him as Yahusha. In other word, He let it be known that... there He was among His own people...arriving right on time, 5500 years after the promise to redeem them, just as the Prophets had said He would come yet they, by and large, would not accept Him. Why didn't they accept Him? Because of the influence of the Religious leaders in Jerusalem who were afraid of losing their own power and yes, even their, wealth. Among the Religious Ruling Senate known as the Sanhedrin, there were the Pharisee and Sadduces, two opposing powers who united in the common goal of killing the Son of Yah. The Rabbis pretended that they were offended that He referred to Himself as "Before Abraham, I AM." John 8:58 (KJV): " Yahsuah said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

So, though He was known among the Jews by his name Yahusha, they did not want anything to do with Him and even plotted his death before the whole country began to follow after Him. They arrested Him, held three illegal trials, scourged Him and finally nailed him upon the Roman method of crucifixion, which was a pole/tree to which was attached the cross bar that He was made to carry to the crucifixion site. His suffering was tremendous. Upon that tree were his hands nailed at the wrists. Six long hours, He hung there held up by his wrists and his feet fastened together with a long spike. Finally, without taking the numbing drink offered to Him, He gave up His Spirit.

That cross looked like the Hebrew letter Tau, which does not look like the cross seen in churches but had the bar across the top of the vertical pole. In fact that cross is symbolic of the pagan god Tammuz.

So, while they had His name correct at that point, the Rabbis declared unto their people that His name was no longer to be said. That Name is an astonishment to the Jews to this day.

Among Believers, both of the House of Israel and Gentile, it became changed when Constantine mixed the pagan with the true faith. It is Rome that is chiefly responsible for replacing the name of Yahusha with Jesus, which stands for "Hail Zeus". Zeus was the sky and thunder god in ancient Greek religion, who ruled as king of the gods of Mount Olympus. His name is cognate with the first element of his Roman equivalent Jupiter.

The Roman Empire, under Constantine made sure there would be peace and power according to their set of Laws and to do this, they pretended to accept the Believers but quickly changed the Name to their god and added pagan gods & goddess, giving them names of past believers, called Saints. God's Word is so clear about not serving any gods but He alone.

Constantine was never a convert to the True Gospel. He died in the same pagan condition that he was born into. Soon the Name of their Savior was forgotten by the replacement of Jesus, the Greek rendering of son of Zeus.

The title "Christian" was not even correct and used in a derisive kind of way in mockery. Yet, today, it is a title that the same users of the name "Jesus" proudly believe that they are true servants of God. There is a Book of Remembrance in Heaven. Do you know what it is for? It is for those who Remember His Name.

We can understand how this deception was carried out but what is hard to understand is.... when people are presented the truth...they refuse to do the research and just assume their understanding must be correct. Didn't' their fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers use the name of Jesus? Exactly! That is what makes this so frustrating.

All these many generations, the wrong name for Yahusha has been used. Does it make a difference?

The Bible says, "At the Name of Yahusha, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Yahusha is Lord to the Glory of the God the Father." Romans 14:11 (KJV) "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." Notice the word Lord there? Six thousand times the name of Yah has been replaced with the title "Lord". That is a title like Mr., Mrs, Professor, etc. It is not a personal Name.

But Satan is determined that, at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow. You have been conditioned to accept that name. Now, we can understand why there will be so many that will stand before Yahusha and He will say, "Depart from me, I never knew you."

We can also understand the great apostasy that has been carried out. Believers will declare they serve Jesus Christ unto death and not even know who this Jesus represents. Satan is clever, isn't he?

Also, we can understand why so many False Shepherds have no problem using the name of Jesus as they lie, steal and kill through their forked tongues. They shout confusion in that name.

How could the name of Jesus have been handed down and so easily accepted as the name of our Saviour?

We have to understand that most people did not read nor write but could only go by what they were told in their churches. And Rome was the one who held all the stolen sacred writings. That is until The Dead Sea Scroll were found. So, until then, they had free reign to write whatever they wanted to promote their Sun god deity. They carved their statues, painted their pictures of a halos (Sun) around the heads of their gods and goddess and convinced the ignorant that these were to receive adoration. Each has their feast days of remembrance yet the True Name of Yahusha is not remembered.

All these years, we have been using the name of their sun god, worshipping on their Sun day instead of keeping the Sabbath as Yahuah had written by His own Hand into the Commandments given to Moses. I guess most of you know that Rome admits to changing the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday and proudly claim they did it because they had the authority to do so. Wow! It sure wasn't Our Great I Am that gave that authority but the god that is worshipped in Rome by the Sun Worshippers.

The Father knew this would all take place. He also knew that in the End of Days, much knowledge once known would be revealed plus much knowledge not known would be revealed. We are in those days. Yes, I believe those that have been saved under the name of Jesus had their heart looked into by the Father and honored for their desire to be saved. Their fruits would prove that desire. But now, ignorance is no longer an excuse.

Why would anyone, who has had this knowledge revealed to them insist on using the wrong name for our God and why would they insist on keeping the feasts of pagan gods?

Arrowcreek, you bring to the table questions, histories and conclusions that run similar to my own.

I was raised traditional "Christian", but saw way too much inconsistency, hypocrisy and wanton naïveté to remain in that small box.

The wife of my youth, and I, embarked on a journey, seeking Truth, together, quite to the uproar and near shunning of my own family, and many "church friends".

The further we walked, the more assured we were of being on the right path.

For the suffering of many horrendous experiences since, up to and including losing her at 35 gorgeous years of age, I have
    been rendered, in spite of all seeking, searching and intentions, of little more worth and capability than to put a seed in the ground, come spring, so that I can hand my neighbor a potato or a cup of flour in winter.
    All other religion and ritual has lost meaning or purpose.......save the keeping of the Sabbath, and to instruct my little ones as the the power and goodness of our Father in Heaven, in spite of all temporal sufferings.

But I have always wondered, and wonder to this day, why a man's name needs translation.......