Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Who is your God?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb
    Thanks Sherree. I pledge to do better....
    WR, don't think that I was pointing a finger at you. I'm trying to do better, myself. I think we all can and need to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    WR, don't think that I was pointing a finger at you. I'm trying to do better, myself. I think we all can and need to do better.
    I was pointing at myself.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    It's the measure, or formula, that organized denominations use to determine if they are successful.

Nickels: money
    Noses: the number of people who attend each Sunday
    Numbers: how they rate compared to other "churches"

As compared to say Joe Olsteen, which church would you want to belong to? The successful one, or the failure?
    The True One!

Thanks for the NNN definition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    I never suggested doctrine is not important. But doctrinal agreement has a goal, and you stated it, building character. Yet, if you disagree with my doctrine, yet radiate with the character that doctrine is meant to bestow, then the goal is achieved anyway. Doctrine is a means to an end, not an end in itself. While there are certain doctrinal non-negotiables, one cannot expect that even those will be a catagory of universal agreement. Absolute truth and practical application cannot be expected to unify in this environment. Nor should we think our own to be overly sacrosanct. Too much rectification remains to be accomplished in all of us for sustaining such positions.
    I didn't mean to suggest that you suggested that doctrine is not important, if that is what I did. You had written: "Imo, it is fruit and conduct more than doctrine and tradition." I think, if the good fruit and conduct are not evident, there is also a problem with the doctrine. I'm not trying to argue with you, I don't think, because I appreciate the amount of thought you've given to this, in an effort to promote peace and harmony within a community? A good thing, I think.

You wrote: "one cannot expect that even those will be a catagory of universal agreement." You explained, but why cannot we expect that one day we will come into perfect unity with the Author of Truth? Or are you speaking only practically, within a specific, limited community?

I appreciate your seeming agreement with Paul, who said: "If any man thinks he knows something, he doesn't yet know it as he ought." Therefore, holding our own view of sacrosanct 'truths', inviolable, and above those of other opinions, would seem to inhibit 'community', with those whom disagreement arises. We are instructed not to hold community, however, with those who are in error in doctrine. I'll have to look that up.....

ZEUS. He was a pretty good god. Maybe he was before Jesus. My favorite god though would have to be the sun. The bringer of light and all life in the universe.

Its no secret that I have a problem with Christianity. Not Christians, good people for the most part but right from the very beginning Christianity was about control.
    1st Moses goes and sits down next to a burning acacia bush which contains one of the highest amounts of DMT in the plant kingdom. Its quite possible he was tripping. ...Then he comes down and says, hey guys look what I got. God talked to me and gave me the rules. ....Now if I came down off of my hill after burning a bush and told you I have some rules that god gave me, you would have me locked up.
    Then we have one of the rules being to love thy neighbor. Yet every encounter with the neighbors ends the same way, convert or die.
    I wont even go into the evil that permeates the vatican and has since day one.
    I could go into great detail but my intention is not to inflame everyone else.

From my perspective, everyone has their own beliefs. My beliefs are my truth and yours is your truth. In a civil society we could all agree to disagree. However, just a few hundred years ago you would have asked me to accept Jesus as my savior and if I didn't you would have killed me.
    So, God can sit down and have a conversation with 1 man alone on a mountain top but he cant come back ever and say to someone else, stop with the killing, stop with the nonsense. I mean right now the entire would could be living in peace and harmony right now. No more wars, no more hunger, no more struggle for power, if God had only come back and talked to a couple religious leaders , like the Muslim leader. For some reason he just wont get everyone on the same page. To me, it just doesn't make sense.
    Then we have a book with a bunch or words in it. Starting in Genesis it refers to multiple gods. Perhaps that's the problem. Putting that aside though, its filled with words and writing. Through most of history the people have been pretty illiterate. Probably like 95% back then couldn't read or write. So we have a book full of laws for people to live by but no one could read them, well few could read them.. Seems eerily familiar to the federal gov writing 2000 page laws that no one reads and just telling everyone what they think it says. At the very least this opens the door for abuse.
    The we have Constatine who decided at the council of Nicea what would and would not go in the bible. Why omit 50 books and what was in them?
    At the end of the day, I am a good person and live my life closer to the way god would want than most Christians.. I have a neighbor who studied the bible for years. We spent many hours in deep conversation and he would open that book up and quote all kinds of stuff. But at the end of the day we were both in agreement on many issues. By living close to nature I had as good or better of an understanding on many issues that he learned in the book.
    My conclusion is that whoever wrote the book had a very good understanding of nature. Makes sense since they were mostly an agrarian society back then.
    Its late and I'm tired. My apologies for rambling in so many different directions. Just tired.
    So, the Sun remains my #1 choice for God at this moment in time. However, there are 200 billion suns in our galaxy and 200 billion galaxies in the universe. At best our Sun is a local god.
    Ok one last item.... Its written someplace, "as above, so below" The book also states that were were created in his image and likeness. Something like that. Again its late and I'm tired. So imagine for a moment our human body. Imagine that form the size of the universe. Our sun being just one cell in that body, That body is what I would consider being the true god.

No I do not hate the Jews, in fact I have had close friendships with some of them throughout my years as a Born Again believer. Also a Christian Jew Believer is for real, they love Yahshua because they were lost in their Jewish faith and now have found there true Messiah.

So many of you have it all wrong about me, by miss interpreting or understanding what I had written in some of my posted material, I do fine your remarks interesting and how some of you can't agree with each other, and that's not a bad thing we can still learn from each other new and interesting scriptures in God's Word that's what He wants us to do. We have every right to agree are disagree.

God Bless

Was YAHSHUA / CHRIST A Jew are was He Hebrew?

To answer this questions, we must first define what we mean by Jew. The muddled thinking of most people on this subject, is due to the fact that they never know just what they do mean by Jew. Sometimes they mean Jew by religion, regardless of his race, there are Negro, Chinese and Japanese that have been converted to Judaism. Sometimes people mean a Jew by race regardless of his religion. For example, Premier Ben Gurion of the Jewish nation in Palestine, is a Buddhist by religion, though a Jew by race.

Was Yahshua a Jew by race? To answer this question, we must trace the racial ancestry of both Yahshua and the Jews. Yahshua was a pure blooded member of the tribe of Judah, and no true Judahite was a Jew by race, as we shall see. Yahshua’s ancestry is given in both Matthew chapter 1 and Luke chapter 3. Both of them show that Yahshua was a descendant of the patriarch Judah, through one of his twin sons Pharez, who was an ancestor of his mother Mary. He came through the line of David, and Nathan the brother of Solomon, as traced in Luke chapter 3. Yahshua was a pure blooded Israelite of the tribe of Judah as Paul tells in Romans 1:3.

If you are a good Christian, you will surely agree with what the prophets originally wrote, in the books that make up our Bible, was inspired by Yahweh. It was correct as the prophets wrote it. But not one of them wrote in English, because no such language existed until many centuries after the prophets lived.

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament was originally written in the language that Yahshua spoke, Aramaic. This is a Semitic dialect somewhat similar to, but not the same as Hebrew. Aramaic was not generally understood outside of western Asia. So, when Christianity began to spread into southern and southwestern Europe, the New Testament had to be translated into a language which was widely used in Europe.

Where is the rest of the article, arrowcreek?

Quote Originally Posted by awesome1 View Post
    From my perspective, everyone has their own beliefs. My beliefs are my truth and yours is your truth. In a civil society we could all agree to disagree. However, just a few hundred years ago you would have asked me to accept Jesus as my savior and if I didn't you would have killed me.
    Thanks for sharing awesome1. You are right when you say everyone has their own beliefs, and I will add that they all think they are right. They all think they have the truth. After all, what sense would it make to believe something that wasn't true?

I disagree with your definition of truth however. See, I think many people believe falsity. Either they have believed a lie, unwittingly, not knowing it was a lie, or believed it wittingly, knowing it was probably not true, but decided to believe it anyway, just because it may have made them feel good, or maybe even superior to others. Truth is. Falsity ain't. You might say: There ain't any ain't. Well, that's the truth. I think it was Hermann Hesse, in "Siddhartha", that said: "There is a reality, my boys, and nothing can change that. However, truths, that is, opinions of reality, are countless in number and each is just as true as it is false."

What some of us, who are seeking truth; whether that truth is inside or outside of us, or both, inside and outside; want to discover is, reality. This reality does include facts about the beginning and ending of the Universe and physical matter, but some of those things are difficult to investigate, and there are many opinions about what the truth is regarding what we see, as well as what we don't. There are many 'doctrines' out there, and some have the appearance of wisdom or intrigue, and winds of doctrine are free to be followed, if one chooses, but it should be expected that when these winds drive the seeker into the rocks of reality that seem to shatter the doctrine, the seeker would back off his opinion of convert or die, as he tried to convert others to his particular flavor. fair enough?

Your "god" is whom you obey.....to whom you bow.....to whom you give yourself over to possess.

Many take the Lord's name.....in vain....paying only lip service to Providence while much more conveniently serving the gods of men.
    Many do amazing works and avail themselves to the most pious speech and mannerism..."but know Him not"....."depart from me" He tells them.

Might be time to do some real soul searching......

http://presys.com/~ekklesia/gvg.htm

Quote Originally Posted by arrowcreek View Post
    No I do not hate the Jews, in fact I have had close friendships with some of them throughout my years as a Born Again believer. Also a Christian Jew Believer is for real, they love Yahshua because they were lost in their Jewish faith and now have found there true Messiah.

So many of you have it all wrong about me, by miss interpreting or understanding what I had written in some of my posted material, I do fine your remarks interesting and how some of you can't agree with each other, and that's not a bad thing we can still learn from each other new and interesting scriptures in God's Word that's what He wants us to do. We have every right to agree are disagree.

God Bless

Was YAHSHUA / CHRIST A Jew are was He Hebrew?

To answer this questions, we must first define what we mean by Jew. The muddled thinking of most people on this subject, is due to the fact that they never know just what they do mean by Jew. Sometimes they mean Jew by religion, regardless of his race, there are Negro, Chinese and Japanese that have been converted to Judaism. Sometimes people mean a Jew by race regardless of his religion. For example, Premier Ben Gurion of the Jewish nation in Palestine, is a Buddhist by religion, though a Jew by race.

Was Yahshua a Jew by race? To answer this question, we must trace the racial ancestry of both Yahshua and the Jews. Yahshua was a pure blooded member of the tribe of Judah, and no true Judahite was a Jew by race, as we shall see. Yahshua’s ancestry is given in both Matthew chapter 1 and Luke chapter 3. Both of them show that Yahshua was a descendant of the patriarch Judah, through one of his twin sons Pharez, who was an ancestor of his mother Mary. He came through the line of David, and Nathan the brother of Solomon, as traced in Luke chapter 3. Yahshua was a pure blooded Israelite of the tribe of Judah as Paul tells in Romans 1:3.

If you are a good Christian, you will surely agree with what the prophets originally wrote, in the books that make up our Bible, was inspired by Yahweh. It was correct as the prophets wrote it. But not one of them wrote in English, because no such language existed until many centuries after the prophets lived.

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament was originally written in the language that Yahshua spoke, Aramaic. This is a Semitic dialect somewhat similar to, but not the same as Hebrew. Aramaic was not generally understood outside of western Asia. So, when Christianity began to spread into southern and southwestern Europe, the New Testament had to be translated into a language which was widely used in Europe.
    Presuming your definition of Jew and Judah is as the rest of your article suggests, can you provide evidence that the bloodline of the tribe of Judah was any more pure than the other tribes? Or than those mixed breeds described?
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)