Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your God?

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics
    We can test this. Check your name on your passport, go to a different country. Did the name change? Bottom line, the letter J is a fairly recent invention, so we KNOW His name is not jesus. He has a Hebrew name; very simple. Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to the heavens and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name, And what is His Son’s Name, If you know it?

Why do people seem to rebel over truth? What are we so easily satisfied with the status quo, when we know it to be false?
    This whole translation issue seems to have it's root in the Hebrew Roots Movement. It's been discussed over and over many times during my time here.

"J" is a letter of the English alphabet no matter when it was added, and should be used accordingly. If we leave out the "J" in the name, we're still left with "esus".

He is the Savior of men's souls for all who cry out to him no matter what name they use as long as they know who they are calling out to, the Son of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    This whole translation issue seems to have it's root in the Hebrew Roots Movement. It's been discussed over and over many times during my time here.

"J" is a letter of the English alphabet no matter when it was added, and should be used accordingly. If we leave out the "J" in the name, we're still left with "esus".

He is the Savior of men's souls for all who cry out to him no matter what name they use as long as they know who they are calling out to, the Son of God.
    If you are happy with a name we know He never heard Himself called, that's up to you. I just offered some input that exposes that for those who ARE interested. Shabbat shalom!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    And that's the way I would read it as well. I also have done a little digging into where these articles that arrowcreek has posted have come from. It is a real cesspool of not only heretical doctrines, like British Israelism and Satan's seed, but anti-Semitism and racism. Here are just a couple of quotes:

They also have a "Mein Kampf" project and "Radio Aryan". Do I need to go on?
    Good grief. Thanks 9er. BTW does that sight have anything about a flat earth?
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Well all righty then, we are discussing the name AND the translation.

And in accordance with Off-Grid Organics:

I just offered some input that exposes that for those who ARE interested.
    I shall do the same.

As some may remember there is a ....book called "The Septuagint" meaning "70". It is a Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament. It is called The Septuagint after the 70 scholars who did the translation. They did their work, and published it, in the 3 Century BC, roughly 275 BC. Just as a point of reference this would be about 273 years before Christ was born and some 500 years before Constantine changed the New Testament, as reflected in arrowcreek's post, to mean that the name Jesus means "Hail Zeus."

Below is a snippet from wiki about it:

The Septuagint (from the Latin septuaginta, "seventy") is a Koine Greek translation of a Hebraic textual tradition that included certain texts which were later included in the canonical Hebrew Bible and other related texts which were not. As the primary Greek translation of the Old Testament, it is also called the Greek Old Testament. This translation is quoted a number of times in the New Testament,[1][2] particularly in Pauline epistles,[3] and also by the Apostolic Fathers and later Greek Church Fathers.
    The title (Greek: Ἡ μετάφρασις τῶν Ἑβδομήκοντα, lit. "The Translation of the Seventy") and its Roman numeral LXX refer to the legendary seventy Jewish scholars who solely translated the Five Books of Moses into Koine Greek as early as the 3rd century BCE.[4][5] Separated from the Hebrew canon of the Jewish Bible in Rabbinic Judaism, translations of the Torah into Koine Greek by early Jewish Rabbis have survived as rare fragments only.
    The traditional story is that Ptolemy II sponsored the translation of the Torah (Pentateuch, Five Books of Moses). Subsequently, the Greek translation was in circulation among the Alexandrian Jews who were fluent in Koine Greek but not in Hebrew,[6] the former being the lingua franca of Alexandria, Egypt and the Eastern Mediterranean at the time.[7]
    Now please note this in Joshua:

KJV Jos 1:1 Now afterH310 the deathH4194 of MosesH4872 the servantH5650 of the LORDH3068 it came to pass,H1961 that the LORDH3068 spakeH559 untoH413 JoshuaH3091 the sonH1121 of Nun,H5126 Moses'H4872 minister,H8334 saying,H559,
    What does the Septuagint say here?

Jos 1:1 καιG2532 CONJ εγενετοG1096 V-AMI-3S μεταG3326 PREP τηνG3588 T-ASF τελευτηνG5054 N-ASF μωυσηN-GSM ειπενV-AAI-3S κυριοςG2962 N-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM ιησοιG2424 N-PRI υιωG5207 N-DSM ναυηN-PRI τωG3588 T-DSM υπουργωA-DSM μωυσηN-GSM λεγωνG3004 V-PAPNS
    The "G2424" are the embedded Strong's Greek dictionary reference numbers, so you can look it up.

G2424
    Ἰησοῦς
    Iēsous
    ee-ay-sooce'
    Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites: - Jesus.
    So 273 years before Jesus was born the Jewish scholars translated the Old Testament into Greek and they.....note, THEY called him, and translated his name, Jesus.

I'm sorry just got some bad news about one of Sherree's aunts, and we need to go the hospital. Later.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II Scene II
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

To: arrowcreek, Wiskey Reb, Bezukhov, Samuel Adams, Off-Grid Organics

What are the consequences of saying, pronouncing, writing or spelling God's and/or the Son of God's name incorrectly.

Please list the consequences and the applying Scripture.

Thank you.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

What are the consequences of completely disregarding Matthew 5:34 and James 5:12, as you sign yourself right out from under Father's protective hand on an IRS 1040 form, among others ?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    What are the consequences of completely disregarding Matthew 5:34 and James 5:12, as you sign yourself right out from under Father's protective hand on an IRS 1040 form, among others ?
    What are the consequences of saying, pronouncing, writing or spelling God's and/or the Son of God's name incorrectly.

¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    Do you really believe that's what happens when people sign the tax forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post

Why does it boil down to consequences caused by terrible translations? Would one rather know His name, or what the translators have told you to call Him? Call Him anything you want; we simply know His name is not jesus. Call Him jose if it floats your boat. Those phony names have no meaning. Hebrew names have meaning...and purpose. Did y'all know that the good news is spelled out in the genealogy of Gen 5? Not in your translations, ONLY in the Hebrew. Does that matter to anyone? It matters to Him.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.