Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your God?

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Did y'all know that the good news is spelled out in the genealogy of Gen 5? Not in your translations, ONLY in the Hebrew. Does that matter to anyone? It matters to Him.
    If that is true then maybe God is offended that you are using English even in this forum and desires you to use Hebrew exclusively. So when you start doing that maybe you can convince others to do the same, or not. The problem is that you have absolutely no justification to proclaim that "it matters to Him" and that is what Look4Truth is pointing out.

What was the great commission that Christ gave to His disciples? Did He tell them to go into all the world and teach the people Hebrew so they will know what name to use for Me?

When the day of Pentecost came did all the people hear Hebrew spoken or did they hear the Word in their own native languages?

There were many Gentile converts mentioned in the NT. How many of those are we told were taught Hebrew or how to pronounce Christ's name in Hebrew? ZERO. Show me even one instance that anyone in the NT who doesn't already speak Hebrew is taught anything in Hebrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    To: arrowcreek, Wiskey Reb, Bezukhov, Samuel Adams, Off-Grid Organics

What are the consequences of saying, pronouncing, writing or spelling God's and/or the Son of God's name incorrectly.

Please list the consequences and the applying Scripture.

Thank you.
    Mispelling, mispronouncing or mistaking it, no consequence that I can see. But through such usage as makes His holy name as common and mundane as is a toilet, or garbage or dirt, as do those who throw the tetragrammaton around like it's their own personal toy....big problem. Third commndment, in the Jewish counting, says not to make empty or valueless or common the holy Name. God, LORD, etc are just fine. Christians did well by taking a hint from Jews and honoring the Name and not, through overuse, negate the meaning of the Name. Yet, Jews use the name in their prayers daily. In fact, they use it, teach it and revere it more than anyone. Yet, there is no issue with using the word God or Lord or LORD....He knows who you re addressing. Neither is anyone better than you becuse of any type of usage. Likewise, neither is anyone worse than you because of their protected usage. However, I would suggest that one might find benefit in doing an extended personal study of the meaning and profundity of the Tetragrammaton. Each of us, likely, in our daily prayer, worship, and glorification of G-d, recognizes to whom we are directing our affections. Yet, approaching the Holy One calling Him by His name, and worshipping Him in that glory, is a most honoring thing to do, would you not agree?

Jesus may be a strange rendition of the Aramiac, then latinized, name for Joshua, but it's not an outright abomination either. Yes, Hebrew words carry certain inherent meaning. But one can certainly know what Yeshua means on some level, and calling him Jesus will not affect that one iota. While one can carry the meaning of that name in some pretty profound directions, your basic salvation or relationship with G-d does not hinge on it.

The whole Paleo Hebrew fiasco....well, I'm sure you all can tear that one up just fine without me. It's an easy kill....

The whole posting of things akin to that from the OP piece website is the kind of anti-semetic bs that gets me boiling, as I know you've seen from me before. But its handling of Christianized terms (which I think it blames on Jews) is equally bs.
    Last edited by Wiskey Reb; 07-09-2017 at 12:33 AM.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Thanks but I have absolutely no interest in going down your path. I've done extensive study on Hebrew Roots, Sacred Name movement, Law Keepers and all of the offshoots. I have no interest in playing the "holier than thou" game by placing myself back under the Law that I've been freed from and thinking how great I am because I may or may not say the version of God's name that you deem correct. You and others like you are lost in a sea of Law-chasing knowing nothing of salvation through grace. You've never removed yourselves from the Law and so shall you be judged. I choose what Jesus Christ did on the cross, it is finished, I am unable to add or subtract from that.

A little something to chew on regarding the name game:

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. ~ Exodus 3:13-15

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ~ John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ~ John 1:14

Jesus is God. Jesus is I Am. There are hundreds of other names for God/Jesus in the Bible. Instead of accepting salvation through grace, you all chase after the Law and try to add to it with name games and half-hearted attempts at Law-keeping.

It's insanity that leads down the path to destruction and I'll take no part in that demise.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. ~ Ephesians 2:8-9
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    If that is true...
    Oh, it's true and has been known for quite some time. It is actually what originally turned my attention long ago to the importance of Hebrew names...and what is missed by most who are simply happy with what the translators serve up for consumption. This is from quite some time back:

http://www.khouse.org/articles/1996/44/
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. ~ Exodus 3:13-15
    "i Am That I Am" is not His Shem Zeker: Exo 3:14 And Elohim said to Mosheh, “I am that which I am.”1 And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘I am has sent me to you.’ ” Footnote: 1The Heḇrew text reads: ’eyeh ’asher ’eyeh, the word ’eyeh being derived from hayah which means to be, to exist, but the Aramaic text here in v. 14 reads: ayah ashar ayah. This is not His Name, but it is an explanation that leads up to the revelation of His Name in v. 15, namely: יהוה.
    Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Thanks but I have absolutely no interest in going down your path. I've done extensive study on Hebrew Roots, Sacred Name movement, Law Keepers and all of the offshoots. I have no interest in playing the "holier than thou" game by placing myself back under the Law that I've been freed from and thinking how great I am because I may or may not say the version of God's name that you deem correct. You and others like you are lost in a sea of Law-chasing knowing nothing of salvation through grace. You've never removed yourselves from the Law and so shall you be judged. I choose what Jesus Christ did on the cross, it is finished, I am unable to add or subtract from that.

A little something to chew on regarding the name game:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ~ John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ~ John 1:14

Jesus is God. Jesus is I Am. There are hundreds of other names for God/Jesus in the Bible. Instead of accepting salvation through grace, you all chase after the Law and try to add to it with name games and half-hearted attempts at Law-keeping.

It's insanity that leads down the path to destruction and I'll take no part in that demise.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. ~ Ephesians 2:8-9
    What I suggested had absolutely nothing to do with law keeping. I suggested you look into the meaning of the name. Is prayer a legalism? I've said it before and I'll say it again. You don't have to keep the biblical law. It's not for you. It's obvious you didn't ask me to post in order to get my viewpoint, but only fo make an attack. It appears you didn't even read my post...typical of you every day. Because of your character, I want absolutely nothing to do with your version of faith.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08 View Post
    Do you really believe that's what happens when people sign the tax forms?
    Belief is not part of the equation.

Any "form", signed under oath, by the self-described "Christian", is a blatant departure from the tenets set forth by the Messiah, himself, and carries with it the consequences of making oneself compatible with the dark entities requesting that compromise, and thus consumable, to them.

You think the Son of God, and the author, James, we're just kidding around with the admonitions against swearing ?

You good folks act like I'm making this stuff up.

As for God-given "punishments" for disobedience, whether it be an oath sworn or any other breach of NT, if you do 't like the OT......well, that's between you and God.
    Most departures from His spoken will carry their own consequences. He doesn't even need to act.
    The swearing of oaths is an easy one. If you take their bait, they "own" you, with all that implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er
    If that is true then maybe God is offended that you are using English even in this forum and desires you to use Hebrew exclusively. So when you start doing that maybe you can convince others to do the same, or not. The problem is that you have absolutely no justification to proclaim that "it matters to Him" and that is what Look4Truth is pointing out.
    In agreement with you here, Forty9er. If God is offended by anyone using another translation other than Hebrew, He would have required every generation Jew or gentile to learn and understand Hebrew. Hebrew would have been the only Bible language known to man in this day and age and in times past. It's apparent that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    What I suggested had absolutely nothing to do with law keeping. I suggested you look into the meaning of the name. Is prayer a legalism? I've said it before and I'll say it again. You don't have to keep the biblical law. It's not for you. It's obvious you didn't ask me to post in order to get my viewpoint, but only fo make an attack. It appears you didn't even read my post...typical of you every day. Because of your character, I want absolutely nothing to do with your version of faith.
    No, actually I asked because I wanted you to see the folly in all of it, just like the Hebrew Roots junk and all the fake Law-keeping. I knew you wouldn't get it but gave it a shot anyway because there's always someone hunting around for the Truth and when they see how ridiculous the name game and fake Law-keeping is perhaps they'll figure it out before they start prancing down the road to destruction like you and others here have.

Jesus took away the sins of the world, removed, gone.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ~ Romans 8:1

But fake Law-keepers can't understand that for a reason:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
    ~ 1 Corinthians 1:18

So, continue on with the pretend Law-keeping and 'holier than thou' name game like the scribes and pharisees if you must but you'll have no excuse when that day comes:

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ~ Matthew 7:22-23
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ~ Romans 8:1
    I see that verse as very popular; the context isn't as popular, however:

Rom 8:4 so that the righteousness of the Torah should be completed in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the matters of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the matters of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6 For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 Because the mind of the flesh is enmity towards Elohim, for it does not subject itself1 to the Torah of Elohim2, neither indeed is it able, Footnotes: 1Or does not obey. 2John 15:5, 1 John 4:4, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 5:18.
    Rom 8:8 and those who are in the flesh are unable to please Elohim.
    Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Messiah, this one is not His.

Kinda like this popular verse:

Isa 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” says יהוה. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Yet again, the context that is not as popular:

Isa 1:19 “If you submit and obey, you shall eat the good of the land;
    Isa 1:20 but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword,” for the mouth of יהוה has spoken.