Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your God?

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    How so? Because that is not God's name. It is YHWH, which is unpronounceable. Go ahead give it a shot, try to say it. You can't. Could it be that God choose that name YHWH so that people with unclean lips could not say a holy name and thus profane it.
    I think that's a very good possibility. Perhaps for the same reason there were no cameras back in the day of Jesus.

But, this kind of nonsense happens anyway. Sacred Name movement, fake pictures of Jesus everywhere.

Man just can't help it, full of darkness.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Look4Truth, with your posting of the Sacred Name Movement's beliefs, along with Cary's above comment, pretty much sums this whole thing up. It's just another avenue into the Hebrew Roots Movement. I smelled it when I read the OP for the first time.

The Pope refers to him as Jesus. That's good enough for me.
    Ku`ia ka hele a ka na`au ha`aha`a

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    I think that's a very good possibility. Perhaps for the same reason there were no cameras back in the day of Jesus.

But, this kind of nonsense happens anyway. Sacred Name movement, fake pictures of Jesus everywhere.

Man just can't help it, full of darkness.
    Hey L4T,

You got your post in seconds before I got mine. LOL

Me and Sherree had never heard of Sacred Name movement, and didn't know there was such a thing. Thanks for the reference.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Look4Truth, with your posting of the Sacred Name Movement's beliefs, along with Cary's above comment, pretty much sums this whole thing up. It's just another avenue into the Hebrew Roots Movement. I smelled it when I read the OP for the first time.
    Absolutely, your sniffer is working just fine.

And make no mistake about it, there will be more "discoveries" and "revelations" that someone will make up and create more cult followings tied to the whole pretend Law-keeping movement. There's no shortage of cults, false teachings and heresies out there and the list grows longer every day.

Consider Moses/Aaron and the rowdy golden calf crowd. Can you imagine what that mess looked like? Things might be more tame these days but that's changing quickly.

Perhaps they'll have a Golden Torah cult soon, sounds about right.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

And what exactly is His name?
    Yes, that question is posed to us:

Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to the heavens and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name, And what is His Son’s Name, If you know it?

I look at it this way, you seem to have a much more narrowed view ("BETTER GET IT RIGHT")...what if I gave my young child an assignment to build me a simple wooden tool box. Would I slam and reject him because it may not be perfect on his first attempt, or would I have praise for him for exerting his best effort? Our tool box in question is Yod-Hey-Uah(Vav)-Shin-Ayin. My best attempt at this point is Ya-Hoo-Sh-A at pronouncing His name. My first attempts were Yeshua, then Yahshua, but that is where I am at right now. Bottom line, I am trying...I desire to know the true name of my Redeemer...my Lifegiver...as a bride, I desire His Name...

Php 2:9 Elohim, therefore, has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every name,
    Php 2:10 that at the Name of יהושע every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,

Why is this pursuit so frowned upon?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Hey L4T,

You got your post in seconds before I got mine. LOL

Me and Sherree had never heard of Sacred Name movement, and didn't know there was such a thing. Thanks for the reference.
    It's been around for a long time, I posted links to that a year or so ago but stuff gets buried over time.

That website is a gold mine for movements although sadly I don't think it's being kept up anymore. It's a great resource for learning about the Hebrew Roots/Law keeping movements, really good stuff there. Carm.org is another great resource that's being updated all the time.

It's mind boggling to me just how much deceit there is out there but we shouldn't be surprised.
    ¤ Loose Change

It's His way, I didn't make this stuff up. And yes, it is actually do it His way or die (rather stay dead).

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. ~ Matthew 7:13-14
    Your narrow way is one of perfect doctrine. My narrow way is of perfect grace. Unmerited redemption was first a Jewish concept, which you in your ignorant bias, akin to the OP, demean in an attempt to elevate yourself. In leiu of excellent character, inspired by the spirit of G-d, you imagine, as Paul did with Steven, that you do a service to G-d every time you use your click and pastes as stones to attempt to demean and destroy others. It's a sick game. It has nothing to do with perfect doctrine ( perfectly wrong in your case) as you presuppose, and as did your bloodthirsty forbears. You are not serving you cause well.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Yes, that question is posed to us:

Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to the heavens and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name, And what is His Son’s Name, If you know it?

I look at it this way, you seem to have a much more narrowed view ("BETTER GET IT RIGHT")...what if I gave my young child an assignment to build me a simple wooden tool box. Would I slam and reject him because it may not be perfect on his first attempt, or would I have praise for him for exerting his best effort? Our tool box in question is Yod-Hey-Uah(Vav)-Shin-Ayin. My best attempt at this point is Ya-Hoo-Sh-A at pronouncing His name. My first attempts were Yeshua, then Yahshua, but that is where I am at right now. Bottom line, I am trying...I desire to know the true name of my Redeemer...my Lifegiver...as a bride, I desire His Name...

Php 2:9 Elohim, therefore, has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every name,
    Php 2:10 that at the Name of יהושע every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,

Why is this pursuit so frowned upon?
    It's frowned upon because God did not want you to know His name and all you're doing is trying to add to His Word something that is not there.

Essentially, you're making stuff up. The entire Sacred Name movement is based on making up stuff and lies.

The problem is that people aren't happy with God's Word, they want more. They want signs, wonders, miracles, great hidden knowledge that you aren't supposed to know.

This is nothing new, in fact it was satan's first foolery.

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    ~ Genesis 2:17

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
    ~ Genesis 3:3-5

Same old trick, same old followers. People just hafta know and if not, they'll make stuff up.
    ¤ Loose Change

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth
    And make no mistake about it, there will be more "discoveries" and "revelations" that someone will make up and create more cult followings tied to the whole pretend Law-keeping movement. There's no shortage of cults, false teachings and heresies out there and the list grows longer every day.
    Satan has pulled out all stops these days in trying to pervert the Word of God. It's even becoming absurd and extreme. Note the "Flat Earth" revelation that is causing much division in the Body of Christ these days.........