Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is for you Off-Grid

BTW,

As a back up for my post above:

If you will notice it appears to me that James is reiterating what Jesus said in:

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    And that a belief in Jesus produces good works, therefore we, not being able to judge the thoughts and intents of the heart, are able to see that they do indeed believe.

Which is the opposite of what those who are judged in Matt. 7: 23 are by their works and those who are raised from the dead to face judgement in Re. 20. Who are not judged according to their beliefs but rather their works, and who had no belief.

However, the "Judge" is able to judge the thoughts and intents of their heart and knew they had no belief.

Heb_4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    And it should also be noted that false prophets of old, and those today, have a form of godliness but deny the power there of: They looked good, they talked good, they performed miracles, note Janness and Jambres. but they did not believe.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
    2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
    They did not believe.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

OK....sooooooo....Will we all have EQUAL Kingdom standing when Messiah returns? I can't believe how far this topic has drifted off track from the question posed.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    OK....sooooooo....Will we all have EQUAL Kingdom standing when Messiah returns? I can't believe how far this topic has drifted off track from the question posed.
    I think it is clear that "believers" will be rewarded for their works done in faith and through the power of the Holy Spirit as 1 Cor 3:11-15 indicates (built on the foundation of Christ), but I'm not sure that implies that there will be some kind of hierarchy of believers with someone at the top and everyone else in some kind of pyramid structure underneath.

For example, all believers are said to be saved through the fire because it tries their works but not their salvation. And all believers are promised heaven and to "always be with the Lord" so I don't see any hierarchy in those things.

"I'm not sure that implies that there will be some kind of hierarchy of believers with someone at the top and everyone else in some kind of pyramid structure underneath."

This example presents a priest class and THEIR flock and garden tenders...

Isa 61:2-11 and the day of vengeance of our Elohim, to comfort all who mourn, to appoint unto those who mourn in Tsiyon: to give them embellishment for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. And THEY shall be called trees of righteousness, a planting of יהוה, to be adorned. And THEY shall rebuild the old ruins, raise up the former wastes. And THEY shall restore the ruined cities, the wastes of many generations. And STRANGERS shall stand and feed YOUR flocks, and the SONS OF THE FOREIGNER be YOUR ploughmen and YOUR vinedressers. BUT YOU shall be called, ‘PRIESTS of יהוה,’ ‘Servants of our Elohim’ shall be said of YOU. YOU shall consume the strength of the gentiles, and boast in their esteem. Instead of your shame and reproach, they rejoice a second time in their portion. Therefore they take possession a second time in their land, everlasting joy is theirs. “For I, יהוה, love right-ruling; I hate robbery for burnt offering. And I shall give their reward in truth, and make an everlasting covenant with THEM. “And THEIR seed shall be known among the gentiles, and THEIR offspring in the midst of the peoples. All who see THEM shall acknowledge THEM, that THEY are the seed יהוה has blessed.” I greatly rejoice in יהוה, my being exults in my Elohim. For He has put garments of deliverance on me, He has covered me with the ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and AS A BRIDE ADORNS HERSELF with her jewels. For as the earth brings forth its bud, as the garden causes the seed to shoot up, so the Master יהוה causes righteousness and praise to shoot up before all the nations!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Luk 19:15 “And it came to be, when he came back, having received the reign, that he sent for these servants to whom he had given the silver, in order to know what each had gained by trading.
    Luk 19:16 “And the first came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’
    Luk 19:17 “And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant. Because you were trustworthy in a small matter, have authority over ten cities.’
    Luk 19:18 “And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’
    Luk 19:19 “And he said to him also, ‘And you – be over five cities.’
    Luk 19:20 “And another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I kept laid up in a handkerchief.
    Luk 19:21 ‘For I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take up what you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow.’
    Luk 19:22 “And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I shall judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was a hard man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow.
    Luk 19:23 ‘Why did you not put the silver in the bank, that when I come I could have collected it with interest?’
    Luk 19:24 “Then he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who possesses ten minas.’
    Luk 19:25 “But they said to him, ‘Master, he already possesses ten minas.’
    Luk 19:26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who possesses shall be given; and from him who does not possess, even what he possesses shall be taken away from him.
    Luk 19:27 ‘But those enemies of mine who did not wish me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.’

Mat 5:19 “Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.

Not a new concept...

2Sa 22:21 “יהוה rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He repaid me.

Psa 7:8 יהוה judges the peoples; Judge me, O יהוה, according to my righteousness, And according to my integrity within me.

Psa 18:24 And יהוה repays me according to my righteousness, According to the cleanness of my hands before His eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    "I'm not sure that implies that there will be some kind of hierarchy of believers with someone at the top and everyone else in some kind of pyramid structure underneath."

This example presents a priest class and THEIR flock and garden tenders...

Isa 61:2-11 and the day of vengeance of our Elohim, to comfort all who mourn, to appoint unto those who mourn in Tsiyon: to give them embellishment for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. And THEY shall be called trees of righteousness, a planting of יהוה, to be adorned. And THEY shall rebuild the old ruins, raise up the former wastes. And THEY shall restore the ruined cities, the wastes of many generations. And STRANGERS shall stand and feed YOUR flocks, and the SONS OF THE FOREIGNER be YOUR ploughmen and YOUR vinedressers. BUT YOU shall be called, ‘PRIESTS of יהוה,’ ‘Servants of our Elohim’ shall be said of YOU. YOU shall consume the strength of the gentiles, and boast in their esteem. Instead of your shame and reproach, they rejoice a second time in their portion. Therefore they take possession a second time in their land, everlasting joy is theirs. “For I, יהוה, love right-ruling; I hate robbery for burnt offering. And I shall give their reward in truth, and make an everlasting covenant with THEM. “And THEIR seed shall be known among the gentiles, and THEIR offspring in the midst of the peoples. All who see THEM shall acknowledge THEM, that THEY are the seed יהוה has blessed.” I greatly rejoice in יהוה, my being exults in my Elohim. For He has put garments of deliverance on me, He has covered me with the ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and AS A BRIDE ADORNS HERSELF with her jewels. For as the earth brings forth its bud, as the garden causes the seed to shoot up, so the Master יהוה causes righteousness and praise to shoot up before all the nations!
    Now you are confusing the promises made to Israel as a nation, which will be fulfilled during the Millennium, with the promises made to believers today who are not Israel but make up the Body of Christ. Believers today are told that their citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20) not on earth and during the Millennium I don't expect to be on earth building homes and planting vineyards as Israel has been promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Now you are confusing the promises made to Israel as a nation, which will be fulfilled during the Millennium, with the promises made to believers today who are not Israel but make up the Body of Christ. Believers today are told that their citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20) not on earth and during the Millennium I don't expect to be on earth building homes and planting vineyards as Israel has been promised.
    You expect to be in heaven during the 1000 year Reign???

Rev 5:9 And they sang a renewed song, saying, “You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals, because You were slain, and have redeemed us to Elohim by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
    Rev 5:10 and made us sovereigns and priests to our Elohim, and we shall reign upon the earth.”1 Footnote: 1Dan. 7:18-27.