Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/19/17 Market Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by greenhart View Post
    Thread drift a little. Where is the best site to watch the market? I've lost the one I had and don't remember where it is.

BTW Reck I didn't mean to crowd you so close but I was in a hurry and getting more frustrated with my computer each minute.

Here ya go: https://www.google.com/finance?cid=983582

I don't believe there is such a thing as thread drift around these parts. Seems we all suffer from adult onset of ADD to some extent.

By the way, how's your dog after feeding it Hammer's Toxic Chicken?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

Oh, that dog is fine!

I saw him this morning and he was chasing his tail as usual.

Come to think of it...that's all he was doing...he wouldn't stop...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Yeah, Marketwatch for me, too.

Back in a bit to bid. Under a heat warning here -- the feels like temp will be 105 - 110 this afternoon.

Yes, I'm staying home and sewing in the basement.

Thanks to both of you, the Google was the site I had before the bsod.
    My dog ate the chicken(?) and went out in the back yard and jumped into the pool and swam across it.
    The only trouble with that is there is no pool in the back yard.
    One day or Day one?

Thread drift a little. Where is the best site to watch the market? I've lost the one I had and don't remember where it is.

BTW Reck I didn't mean to crowd you so close but I was in a hurry and getting more frustrated with my computer each minute.
    No worries Greenhart. I have had a frustrating morning also. Mostly because I don't have good internet here. It is slower than a snails pace. I am in Ft. Collins, CO now, and we are making our preparations for our final activity. Attending Frontier Days up in Cheyenne, WY. Going back to the Rodeo. Parade. Chuckwagon Cookoff. Thunderbirds....Museum. All that fun stuff. We will be going up to the Cheyenne KOA so we'll be able to go back and forth more easily than last year.

My best place that I like for the Market is FINVIZ.com. I like it for the News section because it is divided with the Blogs, and I like to see what Zerohedge.com writes about. Most times I just read their headlines to get the jest of it.
    "The key to life is how well you deal with plan B "... Stephen Dias

Swamp Bid: +9

Reck, I really enjoyed Ft. Collins. There were several good, inexpensive organic restaurants (probably vegan restaurants, now) that had grilled portabella mushrooms and veggie burgers to die for!

I'm not heavily into organic/vegan fare, but there were some very good chefs in CO.

I Googled them earlier, trying to get names. I think Tasty Harmony was something else when I was there, but it's the same crew. As I recall, it was very good.

When I was looking at retirement cities, Ft. Collins, along with Aurora (Denver suburb) were on my short list for CO. Ultimately, I scratched CO off my list because of the invasive water restrictions (and growth of invasive laws and taxes in general), but it's still a state I'd like to revisit.

The only trouble with that is there is no pool in the back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoning View Post
    We will be going up to the Cheyenne KOA so we'll be able to go back and forth more easily than last year.
    I forget to ask: how did you do with the altitude? Is it easier after being in Denver?

My problem with all those areas is feeling really wiped out and never fully getting back my energy. Maybe if I were there for two weeks+ it would make a difference.

I suspect, though, that I'm a flat lander.

The highest altitude I remember being in was in some mountains in Maryland, which really aren't that high. And I noticed nothing, really.

I'd be curious to see if I felt any effects in higher altitude like in the Rockies. I've heard people say it can really mess with them.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
    The highest altitude I remember being in was in some mountains in Maryland, which really aren't that high. And I noticed nothing, really.

I'd be curious to see if I felt any effects in higher altitude like in the Rockies. I've heard people say it can really mess with them.

Oh yeah, It'll mess with ya. Back in the early 80's I went to Golden, Co. to see the fabled Coors Brewery (we couldn't get Coors East of the Mississippi). I can't remember a thing after we found it. Must have been the altitude.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!