Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The European Genocide Thread

University of Iowa Professor Pledges To “Deconstruct Whiteness” In Courses, Otherwise Would Be “Complicit” In White Supremacy

White guilt at its finest.
    Via Campus Reform:
    An assistant professor at the University of Iowa has pledged to devote her classes to making her “mostly white” graduate students aware of their “white privilege.”
    Jodi Linley, an education professor at the University of Iowa, detailed her extensive commitment to teaching classes that “deconstruct whiteness” in an academic journal article published Monday, arguing that to do otherwise would make her “complicit” in perpetuating white supremacy and white privilege.
    “As a white assistant professor of mostly white graduate students who will become higher education leaders, I work to dismantle whiteness in my curriculum, assignments, and pedagogy,” Linley explains, noting that in addition to her “white identity,” she also draws on her “identities as a queer, able-bodied, cisgender woman” with a working-class background to construct her “teaching paradigm.”
    Linley says her commitment to designing classes that fight white privilege began as soon as she became a professor in 2014, at which point she resolved to “develop courses that both unveiled and rejected” the notion that “neutrality and objectivity are realistic and attainable.”
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Slate: Science Not Truth Because Most Discoveries Made by White Men

And they’re the ones who discovered women are the inferior sex.

Science shouldn’t be misconstrued as truth because most of the foundations were laid by white men, says Chanda Prescod-Weinstein, a particle physicist and philosopher of science at the University of Washington. Her argument appeared at Slate in an article titled, “Stop Equating ‘Science’ with Truth.”
    Prescod-Weinstein’s entire premise was built on the Google employee memo which laid out factual differences between men and women and why women are less likely to enter fields of science and technology:
    It is impossible to consider this field of science without grappling with the flaws of the institution—and of the deification—of science itself. For example: It was argued to me this week that the Google memo failed to constitute hostile behavior because it cited peer-reviewed articles that suggest women have different brains. The well-known scientist who made this comment to me is both a woman and someone who knows quite well that “peer-reviewed” and “correct” are not interchangeable terms. This brings us to the question that many have grappled with this week. It’s 2017, and to some extent scientific literature still supports a patriarchal view that ranks a man’s intellect above a woman’s…
    Science’s greatest myth is that it doesn’t encode bias and is always self-correcting. In fact, science has often made its living from encoding and justifying bias, and refusing to do anything about the fact that the data says something’s wrong.
    Prescod-Weinstein puts “science” in quotations a lot in her piece because of its ties to Europe during the Enlightenment. “Much of the science that resulted from this system, conducted primarily by white men, is what helped teach us that women were the inferior sex,” she writes.
    And those systems have been passed on through the ages through bad education and apparently, she is finally telling everyone the truth in this article:
    Most saliently in the context of the Google memo, our scientific educations almost never talk about the invention of whiteness and the invention of race in tandem with the early scientific method which placed a high value on taxonomies—which unsurprisingly and almost certainly not coincidentally supported prevailing social views.
    We never learned that former president and inventor Thomas Jefferson “hid behind science as a shield” because his writings about slaves being inferior to whites proved he was not “much of a scientist” as much as he was “a biased white supremacist.”
    And then there was the stealing of ideas already known by indigenous peoples:
    Very few curricula acknowledge that some European scientific “discoveries” were in fact collations of borrowed indigenous knowledge. And far too many universally call technology progress while failing to acknowledge that it has left us in a dangerously warmed climate.
    Wait, how did climate change sneak in there? Is she saying that is “science" or science?
    One of the top comments on this story really gets at the heart of the matter of what this feminist physicist is trying to say: “Obviously any science done by anyone not a young Black female with a degree in physics is at best bunk, but probably evil. We all need to throw away the Constitution because an evil White man wrote that, too.”
    Prescod-Weinstein suggested in her conclusion that perhaps a new experiment is in order to take back science from the patriarchy:
    Google bro would argue that we ought to consider the possibility that white women and racial minorities simply produce lower-quality work, which is why we struggle to be recognized as competent knowledge producers. It’s time to turn the tables on this debate. Rather than leaning in and trying endlessly to prove our humanity and value, people like him should have to prove that our inferiority is the problem. Eliminate structural biases in education, health care, housing, and salaries that favor white men and see if we fail. Run the experiment. Be a scientist about it.
    But as she explained already in her article, it was men like “Google bro” that encoded their bias into scientific theory which would make any conclusions from the experiments null and void. And then where will she find the answers? Perhaps she'll join other leftists and pursue their "own truth."
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Feminist Professor To Teach Class That “Whiteness Is A Very Bad Idea”…

No, not racist at all.
    Via Campus Reform:
    A feminist professor at Grinnell College is offering a course this fall on “American Whiteness” that will focus on “attacking racism by making whiteness visible.”
    Professor Karla Erickson, a self described “feminist ethnographer,” will teach the four-credit special topics class called “American Whiteness,” which vows to explore “whiteness as a specific racial formation with a distinct history, proactive and defensive politics, and institutional and personal investments.”
    According to the course description, students will learn about the “historical expansion” of whiteness while discussing both the “formal and informal advantages that accrue to whiteness” and potential “challenges to whiteness.”
    Although Erickson declined to provide a copy of the current syllabus, Campus Reform located a syllabus for a previous iteration of the course from the spring of 2015, which contains a course description identical to the one of that being offered in the fall.
    “Whiteness is, among much else, a very bad idea,” the syllabus states, quoting Kansas University Professor David Roediger. “It is quite possible to avoid hating white people as individuals but to criticize the ‘idea of white people in general.’”
    Keep reading…

Karla A. Erickson

Professor
    ericksok@grinnell.edu

Karla is a feminist ethnographer of labor. She studies interaction and community in market exchanges. Her first book, The Hungry Cowboy, was about a Cheers-like restaurant, and her second single-authored book How We Die Now studies how residents and workers in a Midwestern elder community manage the challenges of longer lives and slower deaths. Erickson serves on the board of Grinnell Regional Medical Center and Grinnell Community Day Care and Preschool. Erickson received her Ph.D. in the Department of American Studies with a minor in Feminist Studies at the University of Minnesota in 2004, her M.A. in Liberal Studies from Hamline University in 1998 and her B.A. in English and Women's Studies at Illinois Wesleyan in 1995.

Professor: Conservative News Outlets Reporting On Academics’ Provocative Statements Is A “Technique Of Repression”…

Reporting on statements like this is repression?
    https://www.weaselzippers.us/352644-...of-repression/
    Via College Fix:
    In the recent past, some outspoken professors have publicly cheered for “white genocide,” called President Donald Trump a “dangerous … racist sexist megalomaniac,” said white people should just be left to die, and suggested Israelis celebrate when Palestinians die.
    But when “right-wing” journalists report on such statements — comments that go viral and upset observers, who then criticize the rhetoric — that’s a purposely orchestrated “technique of repression,” according to one Ivy League scholar.
    Russell Rickford, an associate professor of history at Cornell University, makes this argument in a recent Black Perspectives piece, suggesting news coverage of academics’ controversial statements is really a conservative effort to silence liberal academics.
    Progressive professors are “engulfed in controversy” because they exposed “unjust power,” argues Rickford. He blamed the outrage on “a collection of right-wing sites and organizations that have mastered a cynical style of attack journalism well suited for the mob mentality of the social media age.”
    The article, titled “Neo-McCarthyism and the Radical Professor,” cites recent examples stemming from controversial comments made by professors George Ciccariello-Maher, Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, Johnny Eric Williams and Steven Salaita.
    Professor Maher made headlines for his Dec. 2016 tweet that read “all I want for Christmas is white genocide.” Professor Taylor prompted media attention for her May 2017 commencement speech lambasting Trump, a speech that called him a “dangerous … racist sexist megalomaniac” who is also targeting the black community and undocumented immigrants.

New York Magazine Accuses Fox News Hosts of Racism for Having Blonde Hair

So dumb.
    Via Free Beacon:
    A New York Magazine piece on Thursday accused female Fox News hosts and Donald Trump supporters of engaging in racist dog whistling by having blonde hair.
    “Attributes associated with whiteness — light skin, narrow noses — have dominated American beauty ideals as long as there’s been such a thing,” argued NY Mag fashion writer Amy Larocca.
    “Fox News and Donald Trump have given blonde hair a new chapter,” she wrote. “Now, blonde is the color of the right, for whom whiteness has become a hallmark.”
    She argued that liberal icons like Michelle Obama and Rachel Maddow fail to live up to traditional ideals of beauty.
    Keep reading…

White nationalists holding tiki torches marched Friday night through the University of Virginia in Charlottesville ahead of Saturday's far-right Unite the Right rally.
    Chanting "white lives matter," "you will not replace us," and the Nazi-associated phrase "blood and soil," some of the white nationalists engaged with counterprotesters and scuffles broke out.
    Police arrived on campus, declared it an unlawful assembly, and ordered the crowds to disperse.
    It is unclear if anyone was injured or arrested.

DAVID CAPLAN and KEVIN DOLAK,Good Morning America 5 hours ago

Post navigation

← Previous Next → “**** White People:” Genderqueer Artist Makes a Statement (NSFW)

Posted on December 12, 2016 by Paladin Justice, Ph.D.

Oy vey! This is what passes for art today?
    Well, it is when you have an ugly woman artist trying to be a man while expressing her hatred of the white race.
    boingboing.net
    Dean Hutton is a South African artist whose most notorious project involves walking around in a custom-printed black and white suit and absorbing the responses from strangers.
    Hutton first wore the **** White People suit at Gay Pride:
    It was a test for me. If I can do it in a community in which I have almost de facto access to, can I do it in other spaces, where I don’t necessarily have de facto access except for the colour of my skin? You know, like, if I can’t do it at Gay Pride, then I can’t be making a whole ****ing suit that says that. And, it’s still mostly an experiment, but it feels like it’s something I can do, and the reactions I am getting from it says that it is something that I should be doing.
    Not sure what the term for this is, since “edgelord” is not gender-neutral.
    More art projects from the new Rembrandt:

<br
    This monster should be sent to a work camp to work off some of those excess pounds. After some job training, he/she/it should be allowed to clean toilets somewhere. I'm sure she could do it artistically.
    To use a line I just used in another post: We have a lot of work to do in cleaning up our culture. And there are a lot of toilets that need cleaning