Thread: Breakfast Specials

Default Breakfast Specials

Post breakfast recipes here.

I'll start it off~

Chewy Oatmeal Bars

5 cups dry oats (either regular or quick)
    2 1/2 cups dried milk powder
    1 cup (packed) brown sugar
    1/2 cup oil
    1/2 cup honey
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 cup chopped nuts
    1 cup raisins
    2 t. cinnamon (or more, if you prefer)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease either a 9"X13" pan (for thick bars) or 11"X14" baking sheet (for thin bars).

Put all ingredients into a big bowl. Mix well (use your hands, if necessary). Dump into prepared pan and press, evenly and firmly, into pan. Bake 25-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool. Cut into 16 bars or squares.

Variations: You can add other ingredients, too. The raisins can be omitted, as can the nuts and cinnamon. You can add up to 4 cups of alternative ingredients (2 cups, if you leave the raisins and nuts) such as chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, sunflower seeds, dried fruits, sesame seeds, etc. (whatever sounds good to you). In addition, you can add 1/2 cup of peanut butter, without making any other changes.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Breakfast Casserole
    (Serves 12)

*Very versatile recipe that can be customized to meet your particular taste.

1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage (can use ham or bacon too)
    Dozen eggs
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of 'whatever' soup (I've used cream of chicken, celery & mushroom)
    1 (10.75 ounce) can milk
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (Personal Preference)
    1 (32 ounce) package frozen Potatoes (I've used Tater Tots, Hashbrowns-diced potatoes & patties, etc.)
    1/2 cup onion (to taste)
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    Salt & Pepper (to taste)
    Season to taste

Cook breakfast meat, drain & set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Place the frozen potatoes on the bottom of the 9x13 pan.

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, condensed cream of 'whatever' soup, and milk. Stir in the sausage, mushrooms, onions and seasonings and pour mixture over the frozen potato rounds.

Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Casserole is done when eggs don't 'jiggle' in the center.

**I've added 1/2 C. chopped bell pepper and canned green chilies to the egg mixture. Our spices that we use is salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder & seasoning salt. If I'm making it a bit spicy, I will top with pepper jack cheese and add some dried pepper flakes to the egg mixture.

Default Apple Fritters

#1 06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
    momof23goats
    Congressman Join Date: May 2007

apple fritters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 cup flour
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 egg
    5 or 6 apples
    icing sugar or syrup

make a batter by combining the flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, salt, and egg, Core and peel the apples, then slices them and put them into batter.
    Drop them but spoonfuls into1 inch of fat or oil in a frying pan. Test the apples with a fork. -- they are done when soft. Drain them on paper towels or in a colander.
    sprinkle the fritters with icing sugar, or eat then with syrup. this recipe makes about 4 skillets full.

French Toast Casserole
    5 cups bread cubes
    4 eggs
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1/4 cup white sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1 tablespoon butter, softened
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Grease, butter or spray 8x8 baking dish. Layer bread cubes in pan. Mix eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla and nutmeg. Pour over bread cubes. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I usually sprinkle on a little extra sugar as well). Let stand at least 1/2 hr or overnight. Bake about 50 minutes at 350. Serve warm with or without syrup.
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Baked Oatmeal:

2 eggs, beaten
    1 C milk
    1/2 C melted butter or oil
    1 C brown sugar
    3 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt

mix together then add:

3 C oatmeal. (you can add dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds etc)

Pour into greased 9x9 baking dish and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Serve warm with milk. Leftovers are great warmed up too!!!!
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Default Biscuit and Egg bake

Biscuit and egg bake

1 can biscuits (any type, plain generic works fine)
    6 eggs
    1 cup milk
    6 slices cheese or 2 cups shredded cheddar
    1 lb bacon or sausage fried and crumbled

Grease a 9 x 13 pan, layer bottom with biscuits, beat eggs and milk and pour over biscuits. layer cheese on top and sprinkle sausage or bacon over the cheese layer.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes

You can easily play with this, add in some chopped bell pepper or use smoked sausage, etc.