Thread: What Confederate Statue Critics May Not Know

Default What Confederate Statue Critics May Not Know

''... I believe that the maintenance of the rights and authority reserved to the states and to the people...are a safeguard to the continuance of a free government...whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast Republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.''- Gen. Robert E. Lee

Excellent and so true. To the north, the War between the States is a distant memory. There is no sense of loss in their past, no sense of the destruction unleashed in the South. My family was dirt poor but the 'Yankees' tried to confiscate the little farm to be given to someone who had never been in Louisiana. They failed but the memory of that and hundreds of other stories just here in the swamps keep the memory of that time very handy in our psyche. Well written. Prep and pray, the end has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher
    Excellent and so true. To the north, the War between the States is a distant memory. There is no sense of loss in their past, no sense of the destruction unleashed in the South. My family was dirt poor but the 'Yankees' tried to confiscate the little farm to be given to someone who had never been in Louisiana. They failed but the memory of that and hundreds of other stories just here in the swamps keep the memory of that time very handy in our psyche. Well written. Prep and pray, the end has arrived.
    I agree.