Thread: Favorite Bible Verses

Default Favorite Bible Verses

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....-bible-verses/

20 of My Favorite Bible Verses

When thinking about favorite Bible verses it was hard to narrow it down to just 20. Looking through these verses it struck me how that all of them are verses I learned about or memorized as a teenager. I have memorized many more verses since my teen years, but these verses always rise to the top when thinking about favorite Bible verses. Almost all of them carry memories of friends and experiences through the years.
    I trust you will enjoy this list as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

The Lord is Delightful & Trustworthy

Psalm 37:4, 5 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
    Proverbs 3:5, 6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
    Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    His Word is Powerful and Able to Save

]Thy word have I hid in my heart

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    Romans 8:38, 39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    We Press Forward

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
    John 13:34, 35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
    Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    Romans 12:1, 2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
    I Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
    His Treasures are Eternal

Proverbs 22:1 A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
    Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
    Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
    Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
    Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
    John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
    Post Your Favorite Bible Verses In The Comments!

Sources:
    The Holy Bible, King James Version (KJV)
    Image: Matt Banks / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

PsalmSinger, those are all great verses. I don't have a list of favorite verses because there would be too many on the list. But here are some that came to mind:

2Cor 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.
    Phil 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Jude 1:24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy,
    Jude 1:25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

"for this we are toiling and being reproached, that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers"
    (1Tim. 4:10;CLNT).

Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

The concordant literal NT shows it this way: 16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved, yet he who disbelieves shall be condemned.
    As for "condemned"...

How Does the Word “Condemned” Fit Your Hell Doctrine?
    Q: How does this verse fit into your view that there is no “hell” as Christianity terms it: Jesus commanded: “He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:15-16).

Unfortunately this is a verse from the NIV, but I am just wondering your thoughts on this verse.

A: People tend to read things into the word “condemned.” They assume Jesus is talking about an eternity of fiery torment. But there are no flames in the premises of the context.

The word “condemn” is translated from the Greek word katakrino. This is a two-part Greek word; kata=down, and krino=judged. The literal meaning of this word, then, is “down judge.” It is an adverse judgment. For example, a bank robber is condemned to ten years in prison (a “down-judgment”) as opposed to being made president of the bank, which would be a favorable judgment. What happens to him after his condemnation? After ten years in jail, he gets out. The word condemnation itself carries no suggestion of eternal consequence.

My book on hell (see Martin Zender Goes to Hell) will help you to see that, while on Earth, Jesus proclaimed the thousand-year kingdom, in which Israel would rule the world. He Himself claimed again and again that He came proclaiming this Kingdom, which was a time-enduring kingdom. Whoever believed His message and were baptized into it would be saved and enter into that kingdom. Entrance into the thousand-year kingdom is the salvation of the context. Nothing is said here of eternal life or eternal condemnation. Conversely, whoever rejected Jesus’ message would be condemned (katakrino, “down-judged”), and the condemnation of the context—while not explicitly stated in this context—is refused entry into the thousand-year kingdom. The question you need to ask, and the question that is answered plainly and simply for you in my book, is: What happens to the people who are refused entrance into the thousand-year kingdom? Are they banished forever from the presence of God? I’ll give you a sneak preview of the answer: “No!”

May I make a suggestion. Since the topic of 'salvation' has come up, would you start a thread on the subject? I would be glad to share my thoughts, along with pertinent scriptures. I'm sure others will wade in also.

Thanks,
    PS