Thread: Confederate Case Law: The rule of Law, Not of Men

Default Confederate Case Law: The rule of Law, Not of Men

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/b...aw-not-of-men/

CATO, A SLAVE, PLAINTIFF IN ERROR, vs. THE STATE

Supreme Court of Florida

9 Fla. 163 (1860)
    ''... I believe that the maintenance of the rights and authority reserved to the states and to the people...are a safeguard to the continuance of a free government...whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast Republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.''- Gen. Robert E. Lee

From that article:

It was blacks and Asiatic Muslims on the African continent that enslaved and sold other blacks to the slave traders.
    One question I have that hasn't been answered yet. Was it Moral and Just that White Christians buy those slaves?
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12

There is a way to rectify this. Perhaps those Christians who purchased slaves had a perverse desire that someone would drag them from their homes, beat them, whip them and make them work in the fields.

Second, after subjugated as slaves the North American slave owners, black and white, had a property right in the labor of the slaves.
    If you subjugate another Human Being, regardless of the color of his skin, you've just stolen his life and future. Why did no one recognize that simple fact? Where were his property rights?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

By Law, slaves can only be created by mutual consent, and waive all right to corpus and chattel by the same agreement.

"Those captured by pirates or robbers remain free."

So.........any proclaiming a "Christian Faith", and still trading in stolen property, are.....well.....