Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lake of Fire

Default The Lake of Fire

https://youtu.be/1W8Qm5OOv2Y

Martin Zender's take on a hot topic...

That was pretty funny ricieryan. I even laughed out loud. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    That was pretty funny ricieryan. I even laughed out loud. Thanks
    Yes, Martin Zender is really funny. But he meant it when he said "you will never be as spiritual as I am so don't even try" and "I will tell you what the lake of fire is if you give me $100". Martin is all about Martin and getting other people who like the false message he preaches of everyone being saved, no matter what they believe, to send him money. At the top of his site, the very first thing you can click on, is the donate to Martin message.

You may have to turn your sarcasm detector up past 49%... I have bought a few books over the years, but God's overwhelming grace was free.
    You may recall Limbaugh's catchphrase: "Talent on loan from God". Many criticized that not understanding he simply acknowledged his talent was God-given.

Quote Originally Posted by richieryan View Post
    You may have to turn your sarcasm detector up past 49%... I have bought a few books over the years, but God's overwhelming grace was free.
    You may recall Limbaugh's catchphrase: "Talent on loan from God". Many criticized that not understanding he simply acknowledged his talent was God-given.
    I wouldn't compare Martin to Limbaugh. The true comparison is to prosperity gospel preachers who pander to people who desire to get rich and tell them exactly what they want to hear - "just send me $100 to spread this "gospel" and God will repay you 1000 times over".

And Martin's "gospel" tells sinners exactly what they want to hear:

Enjoy yourself and live life to the full. Lie, cheat, steal, and murder if you have to, to get what you want because you are going to heaven anyway. There is no ultimate judgment or punishment or accountability and you don't have to even pretend to believe in Christ. The worst that could happen is that you might have to spend a short time in purgatory before you get to heaven but even that really isn't punishment. It's more like you are just at an airport terminal waiting for your plane to take you to heaven.

That is what his "gospel" is encouraging people to believe and do and many people like to hear something like that. But this is what Scripture actually teaches:

1Cor 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
    1Cor 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
    1Cor 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
    Eph 5:5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
    Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
    John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever refuses to believe in the Son won’t see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
    That is the truth of the Gospel, not the lies Martin Zender is preaching.

Negative,ghostrider. You are describing Joel Osteen's health & wealth load of bovine scatology.
    I don't know which sinners you refer to, as we are all sinners. As for me, when I discovered the truth about eternal torment, and that
    Jesus died for all us, I had no new desire to sin without consequence. I was finally free of the lies I was taught in baptist churches.
    I'm sorry if you feel my posts disturb your faith.

Also, if Martin was pushing the Osteen business model,I'd be angry as hell. In the last 12 months,
    I was diagnosed with rectal cancer,worked full -time at my school janitor gig during pre-op chemo and radiation so I would
    have disability insurance after surgery to live on. Too bad,said the job when they fired me the day before surgery. Feb 15th.
    After my tumor was removed,butthole sewn up and new colostomy bag up front,I have no sex life due to radiation to my sack.
    My disabled wife & I live on $788 mo. Thank God for the VA or I'd be a dead-man walking.
    So no sale on "health & wealth" here. We had to move in with our kids & now take care of our 2yr old grandson.
    No sniveling here. You may recall I don't believe in human free-will, so yes, I believe my circumstances are His will,
    So I suck it up, keep my rifle clean and follow orders.

Negative,ghostrider. You are describing Joel Osteen's health & wealth load of bovine scatology.
    I don't know which sinners you refer to, as we are all sinners. As for me, when I discovered the truth about eternal torment, and that
    Jesus died for all us, I had no new desire to sin without consequence. I was finally free of the lies I was taught in baptist churches.
    I'm sorry if you feel my posts disturb your faith.
    My faith isn't disturbed at all by the deception you, dmatic, and Martin believe. You are free to believe what you want to believe and I'm sure that is what you will continue to do in spite of what Scripture clearly teaches.

That is the common behavior for all of the cults. They pull a handful of verses out of context, misinterpret them according to what they want the verses to say, and then just ignore the vast majority of Scripture which contradicts their interpretation. It's done all the time.

But you don't just privately believe what you do and let it go at that but want to try to convince others to believe the same deception that you have been taken in by. And your preferred way to do that is by posting videos by Martin Zender so you don't have to personally defend what you believe because that is a very hard thing to do, especially if someone challenges you regarding the facts of what Scripture actually teaches.

So that is why I post replies to the videos you post. I don't want to see others deceived the way you have been, especially since it could discourage them from placing their faith in Christ which would have eternal consequences.

Forty9er, you are succeeding in getting me interested in checking out more of the guys stuff. Thanks richieryan

As for me, when I discovered the truth about eternal torment, and that
    Jesus died for all us, I had no new desire to sin without consequence.
    That is interesting, richieryan. No new desire to sin without consequence. That has been my experience as well. I presume by 'truth about eternal torment', you mean that you discovered that torment is not eternal? It has been my experience that when seekers are confronted with that possibility, some of them object and subsequently reason that that can't be true, because why would people do good then? Apparently, they think that people only do good because they fear torment. But we know that perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that hath fear is not (yet?) made perfect in love. (1 John 4:1 Praise God that His perfect love is casting out fear!