Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: EON/AION/AIONION "The Eons"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    But in case you think that those fruits have no value in the delivery of ones viewpoints, read 1 cor 13:4-7. And between you, me, and dmatic, tell me honestly which of us three is best described by those attributes as per our performance on these boards.
    I take issue with several things you have said in this post but I will only respond to the issue of my treatment of dmatic and then I am finished.

I have always tried to limit my comments and criticisms to what dmatic was saying and not make any comment about him personally and that is what I try to do with everyone here. And I don't disagree with your characterization of him as remaining polite in spite of my criticisms and I know I have commended him for that in the past.

The comment you keep referring to when I said that he will be held accountable to God for what he is saying was a reference to Rom 14:12 where it is clear that every believer will have to give an account of himself to God, me included. If you want to call that a personal attack, fine but that is a rare exception. If you don't believe that it is rare then take a look at the last two responses I made to dmatic in this thread, they are #141 and #147 on page 15.

In the first of those responses I strongly criticized his adding a word to a verse that wasn't included in the text and removing another word. But I made no comment whatsoever about him personally.

In the second response I was answering several questions he had asked me in a post. I took the time to answer each of those questions in detail and to the best of my ability and without any rancor, even though I am sure we have discussed those issues before. Once again, you won't find any personal attack on dmatic at all.

If you or anyone else interprets my criticism, sometimes severe, of what dmatic is saying to be an attack on him personally then you are mischaracterizing the situation.

I will let you have that last word on the topic and move on.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Wiskey Reb......

It appears that you are still taking offense at something Cary and I said about the practice of Kabbala. It is my understanding that there are some sects that do involve themselves in satanic practices, not all, maybe only a small group. There are also some sects of the Catholic religion that involve themselves in satanic practices. Just as there are Baptist, Methodists, and other denominations and religions who do the same. Would I say that the majority all of these peoples are practicing satanic rituals? Absolutely not.

In saying all the above does not make us anti-Jew, anti-Catholic, anti-Baptist, or anti-any other organization. We have friends and family in all of them, and get along with them just fine. We were good friends, at one time, with a Hebrew Roots couple, until the home fellowship we were all attending fell apart, after a witch infiltrated the group. That's where our experience with witches and voodoo dolls came about.

Could have this whole mess been handled differently? Maybe so, but neither Cary nor myself had any intention in posting the things that we did in that thread to bring harm or hard feelings to anyone, Jew or Gentile, or anyone in between. We live and learn just like you and everyone else. What transpired afterwards was totally uncalled for, whether done on the open forum or through PM's..... I do not wish to discuss it any further. What's done is done.

I am tired, tired of everything that's going on in the world, tired of watching our country fall apart, tired of all the spiritual warfare that we fight every day. Also, I'm tired of being accused of causing people to leave TTOL. Time after time, I have been accused of that here to the point that I'm now gun shy of saying anything anywhere on this forum, especially here in the Chapel.

Maybe, I will take a break for awhile. I think I really need one. Time to reflect, and time to heal......... Before I do, I want to apologize to anyone whom I may have offended. I try to stand true to God's Word, even as I know that others will have their own ideas in interpretations. That's understandable.

Good Day, to you, Sir.

I did not bring the issue up, Sherree, 49er did. Perhaps it is he who is still offended. I had not mentioned, nor did it enter my mind to until he brought it up. He made some innaccurate insinuations about what happened there, which he often does when he is trying to diminish others.

If you are tired, Sherree, then please consider that others outside the mainstream may be as well.....tired of what comes across as a persistent attack and demonization of anything and anyone that is not decidedly doctrinally mainstream. If you are aware of your own sense of that being directed toward yourself, perhaps you could maintain some extra sensitivity to others who experience the same thing. I agree with you that what was done in that thread was uncalled for, but we will likely disagree regarding which actions those were, and by whom they were conducted. If you recall, right in that thread, I stated that I think CaryC is a nice guy, and that I didn't think he understood what he was doing...right up until he went off on a click and paste tirade. When we adopt the mentality that the truth is offensive, but love requires that we express it, and begin directing messages in a venue where people of those persuasions frequent, then, by default, we have to accept that those others may, in love, do likewise. Some very declarative statements were made...you should have anticipated there to be a response. This happens often around here and everyone gets offended. Perhaps there is a better way....

Good day to you too, Sherree.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

Thanks to all for participating in this discussion. I have been away, visiting son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren in Wyoming for the last few days and have tried, when possible, to read a few posts but they were happening way to fast for me to keep up. Read the last couple of days' worth, just now.

While I appreciate your kind words Wiskey, I am a bit embarrassed by them, as I know that I have very much work to do, falling far short of the goal for which we all aspire. Love from a pure heart. But, I do want you to know that I do, very much, appreciate your encouragement. Also appreciate your "warrior's" defense of me, which speaks to the love within your own heart. I would be honored to have you by my side in any battle against foes, that our Sovereign appoints to us for our growth and His glory.

Also, of course, appreciate Off-Grid's succinct and 'tasty' defense of truth, too. Agree with his statement while quoting scripture about not being discouraged because of revilings. So true. All of us who challenge "forefather's lies", while encouraging those who have believed them to continue to seek for truth, have experienced the disdain from the ones who have accepted them as truth. While saddening, we are told to rejoice.

I notice that forty9er tried to rejoice as well, when he probably felt the same way...

I think Wiskey is most definitely correct when he is encouraging all of us to treat one another with more respect or honor or whatever it should be called, so as not to give the enemy cause for footholds within our hearts. We are commanded to love our enemies! Wow. What a command. I know we can easily think of many people as enemies, even though they may think they are trying to help us see things as they "should" be seen. But, still the command remains. I think we do our Savior dishonor when we do not keep this commandment. I think it would bring our Father joy to see us actually loving one another....even those we consider enemies.

I do like the people on this site who contribute, and learn a lot through our interactions, so, if no one minds, I'll stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    if no one minds, I'll stick around.
    Well.....OK. LOL! Top of the morning, dmatic! Have a fabulous day in YHWH!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Charity in action doesn't go unnoticed, dmatic. When we find examples of character qualities in one another worthy of emulating, they deserve to be recognized. Not to puff one another up, but to glorify G-d.

The AEONS - the beings of eternal light.

The Perfect, Invisible Spirit and Barbelo

Much of what we know before the creation of the material world and Adam, can be found in the text, titled The Apocryphon of John (Secret Book of John), is a revelation of Jesus to John, son of Zebedee, who was said to have written this down.

In the beginning there was only one invisible Spirit – perfect, pure, holy, immaculate, ageless. He was the Ineffable One. He is neither corporeal, nor incorporeal. He is invisible because no one can see him, yet he emanated pure, immeasurable light. He is indestructible and eternal. Jesus revealed whom the real Supreme Being or Heavenly Father (in the New Testament), as the First Aeon, and The God. In this text, he was mostly referred to the "invisible Spirit". In the Gospel of the Egyptians, he is called the "Great, Invisible Spirit".

The Spirit then looked in the spring of life, and by the power of His thought, brought forth a feminine being, whose light was like His, and her power was also like his. She was the emanation of Him, His feminine counter-part. She was known as Barbelo, the forethought of all, and the perfect Aeon.
    This is the first thought, his image; she became the womb of everything, for it is she who is prior to them all, the eternal aeon among the invisible ones, and the first to come forth.

The Spirit bestowed upon her the following five powers:- the image of the invisible Spirit,
    foreknowledge, indestructibility, eternal life and the truth.

From the pure light that emanated from her and surrounding Him, a light came from him and she conceived another pure light – the "Only-Begotten Child" of His, The divine was the aeon Christ - the "Anointed One".

From the Spirit and Christ, they produced four helpers for Christ, known as the Luminaries or the Light Aeons. Under each light-aeon, there were three aeons, making a total of twelve aeons.

The light-aeon Armozel (or Harmozel) was the first angel, and with him, was three aeons – grace, truth and form.
    The second light-aeon was Oriel (or Oroiael; possibly the archangel Uriel), with three other aeons – conception, perception and memory.
    The third light was Daveithai, who was in company of understanding, love and idea.
    The fourth light aeon was Eleleth (aka Sophia- the Holy Spirit) perfection, peace and wisdom.

– The Apocryphon of John

Imagine that. A perfect family. The most high Father ( the invisble spirit ) ,the mother Barbelo,
    the first child Christ, the second child Sophia ( the Holy Spirit ).

which of them is the synagogue of satan is highly debatable.
    Not really. Once you figure out jew is just a derogatory term for someone from Judah. Christ was a Judean, never a jew. The tribe of Judah was mostly black..if not totally.

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem. ( King Solomon ). The lineage of the kings of Judah was black. Christ was black.

Their visage is blacker than a coal. Our skin was black like an oven. The description of other Judeans.

Synagogue of satan and edomites should be another thread.