Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Federal Income Tax Reform

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty34 View Post
    The IRS is the enforcement arm of the Federal Reserve Bank and the collection agency for the top 1%
    I'm well aware of what the IRS is, the point is it that the IRS doesn't benefit from the legislation written by Congress the forementioned entities do. The IRS would prefer simplified tax code as its help mitigate bureaucratic bs.

So.....are we to believe that Trump plans to treat a company that drills oil wells in 7,000 feet of sea water the same as one that sells ladies shoes? or a company that manufactures commercial aircraft the same as a convenience store that sells bubble gum? This is nonsense.
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Quote Originally Posted by es7129 View Post
    I'm well aware of what the IRS is, the point is it that the IRS doesn't benefit from the legislation written by Congress the forementioned entities do. The IRS would prefer simplified tax code as its help mitigate bureaucratic bs.
    And put all those tax accountants and tax attorneys out of work? The tax preparer bureaucracy is larger than the medical monopoly administrative bureaucracy

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive

Quote Originally Posted by es7129 View Post
    Oh, my goodness! I hope you don't truly believe that.
    The complicated tax code is the only thing that keeps the "tax" world spinning.
    The IRS is just another worthless government agency that should be abolished NOW. Blood sucking leeches that need to be eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty34 View Post
    And put all those tax accountants and tax attorneys out of work? The tax preparer bureaucracy is larger than the medical monopoly administrative bureaucracy
    Albeit being true that's of no concern to the IRS.

We will get tax reform just like we will get "Repeal and Replace ObamaCare". Just a bunch of flapping gums. Anyone who believes one word that comes out of the mouth of a lying ******* politician in Washington ought to have their heads examined. They are just like the cheating husband who gets caught by his wife...Who are you going to believe? Me or your eyes?

That is why God gave us discernment. So we could recognize TRUTH. The TRUTH is that man on his own can do no good. That goes triple for a politician.
    --------------------------------------------------
    There are two ways to be fooled.
    One is to believe
    what isn't true;
    the other is to refuse
    to believe what is true.
    ~~Soren Kierkegaard 1813-1855

Read my lips: NO NEW TAXES!

Think I saw that on TV one time.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

The old bait and switch has been in play on tax reforms too.

Originally Trump said the single standard deduction would be $25,000 and the couple deduction would be $50,000.
    In other words, if your income is less than those amounts, you owe no taxes and wouldn't have to file a tax return.

But as usual Trump crawfished from that a long time ago. Then Trump's plan began to morph more and more like
    the GOP's former tax plan called "Blueprint - A Better Way" which basically gives tax cuts to the rich and tells the
    poor and middle class to eat cake.

Just now on FOX Business News, they inferred if the GOP congress can't pass a decent tax cut, they might as well
    pack their bags to go home after the 2018 election.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

The devil is in the details... so far there have been no new details.

The GOP has promised to release details of their new tax plan next week.
    We shall see how much they borrowed from their former tax plan.

Under the GOP's former tax reform plan called "Blueprint - A Better Way"...
    not only does that tax plan favor the rich, it gets rid of the extra over 65
    and/or blind standard deduction and increases the lowest tax rate from 10%
    to 12%. In other words, it throws old, blind and poor people under the bus.

Told ya !

" The framework is expected to closely resemble the “Better Way” blueprint that House Republicans released in 2016. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/u...publicans.html