Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLAIM: Red Cross stole emergency supplies from churches, then sold them for profit.

Default CLAIM: Red Cross stole emergency supplies from churches, then sold them for profit.

CLAIM: Red Cross stole emergency supplies from the doorsteps of churches, then sold them for profit

Thursday, September 21, 2017 by: Robert Jonathan

(Natural News) A Houston-area woman has made an explosive allegation that the American Red Cross scooped up Hurricane Harvey relief supplies that poured in from all over the country, and supposedly sold some of them — like bottle water — for a profit. Other supplies were discarded in dumpsters.

In a Facebook video, Gina Nelms claimed that the Red Cross helped themselves to supplies such as clothing, baby food, diapers, and blankets that were the result of generous donations from concerned Americans that were brought in to the disaster area on 18 wheelers.

Boxes of supplies had temporarily piled up in front of churches as hard-working volunteers worked to bring them inside.

That’s when the Red Cross showed up, Nelms alleges in the Facebook video that has received almost 6 million views as of this writing.

The Red Cross was physically taking the donations from the doorsteps of these churches and putting them into their trucks. Red Cross came to the church with volunteers and began to steal the donations…from people who literally had nothing…

Nelms added that after hauling the supplies back to Red Cross shelters, Red Cross operatives tossed supplies that the organization couldn’t resell into dumpsters. She also asserts that she has pictures “of the dumpsters where they were burning millions in donations.”

The Gateway Pundit website indicated that it reached out to the Red Cross for comment, but its story has not been updated with a response as yet.

Nelms also claims that the Red Cross is protected by an Obama-era Executive Order, EO 13603, signed on March 16, 2012, regarding “National Defense Resources Preparedness.”

Although not a federal agency, the nonprofit, tax-exempt Red Cross describes itself as maintaining a “special and unique relationship” with the federal government as a “federal instrumentality” flowing from delegated authority to engage in disaster relief pursuant to its charter. Whether that brings the charitable institution under EO 13603 or not is unclear.

According to Nelms, moreover, for every $10 donated to the Red Cross, only 90 cents reaches disaster victims.

Separately, as of the end of August, the Red Cross said it had spent $50 million on Harvey relief, primarily on 232 shelters for nearly 70,000 evacuees. A Red Cross executive was unable to tell NPR at the time how much of each donated dollar was going to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, however.

A 2016 U.S. Senate study concluded that of approximately $500 million raised by the Red Cross for Haiti earthquake relief in 2010, $124 million was spent on internal expenses.

The Red Cross is currently soliciting donations on TV for hurricane relief. As of late August, via his Twitter feed, Obama was still encouraging donations to the Red Cross to help Hurricane Harvey victims.

In 2016, Natural News founder Mike Adams revealed that the Red Cross apparently only managed to build six permanent homes in Haiti, despite the post-quake outpouring of donations. (Related: Read more about alleged improprieties at Corruption.news.)

Watch the video below and draw your own conclusions.

Sources include:

Gatewaypundit.com
    Facebook.com
    RedCross.org
    ObamaWhiteHouse.archives.gov
    NPR.org
    Grassley.senate.gov
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Or - a bunch of miscreants had Red Cross paraphernalia and markings and were helping themselves.

That said - I'd REALLY like some video on this - everybody has a cell phone camera these days.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Sinclair View Post
    Or - a bunch of miscreants had Red Cross paraphernalia and markings and were helping themselves.

That said - I'd REALLY like some video on this - everybody has a cell phone camera these days.

Earl
    Don't know about this particular instance, but have read on another board where members there were Red Cross Board members for their county, and according to them yeah, this happens a lot, so much so they quit.

We sent a lot of money to Haiti for the relief, some through Red Cross, some through Salvation Army. They received BILLIONS and a year later were still living in tarp tents/cities. Corrupt charities, and corrupt governments got it all. And that was the last time the Red Cross ever will get a penny out of me.

The Salvation Army on the other hand seems to me to still do the good work, and give it away, as they should.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    The Salvation Army on the other hand seems to me to still do the good work, and give it away, as they should.
    This is my understanding, as well, so they get my household donations, as well as a few dollars, when I can spare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur
    This is my understanding, as well, so they get my household donations, as well as a few dollars, when I can spare them.
    That's what we do, too, Meemur. We always give a sizable donation to Salvation Army each year during the Christmas holidays. I still donate to them with clothes and other items all throughout the year.

I was told by one of the volunteer workers at our local Salvation Army that they throw nothing away. If a certain local Salvation Army Thrift Store has too much, they send items to other stores who are in need and running low of merchandise.

I witnessed this first hand one day as I was taking items to our local Thrift Store. Bags on top of bags filled with clothing were being loaded on a truck to take to another store. Ours was too full.

In a disaster, all the Salvation Army Chapters come together to fill the needs from all of their local stores combined.

With all the millions donated for Haiti, the Red Cross built 5, I'll repeat, FIVE houses.
    Total.

But their budget problems were solved and the head still makes a LOT of money
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Isn't the Red Cross and the Red Crescent (an Islamic wing) all part of the same organization?

We like the Salvation Army, but prefer Samaritan's Purse.
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

I seem to recall reading, years ago, of some mild scrutiny regarding more than a few red cross execs becoming quite wealthy while in their role.

It was pointed out that that a very small percentage of donations actually benefited victims of any given calamity.

O.W.

So, why is this corrupt organization still in business? Draining the swamp, ya know?