Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul Says Trump’s Obamacare Order ‘Has The Potential To Be Amazing’

Hum? Will this potentially challenge McCarran-Ferguson Act of 1945 if it goes to court?

I defer to Johnwk for understanding of this ridiculous abomination of redefining the commerce of insurance as not commerce...

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...arran-Ferguson
    “Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.” Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo
    The Constitution doesn't say anything about executive orders, so they are subject to all the limitations on executive power that are otherwise spelled out. The President is the head of the executive branch, so he can run it as he sees fit, within the constrictions of the Constitution. In that way, Executive Orders are no different than verbal orders, memos, or other policy documents.

Regardless of constitutionality, using EOs to bypass Congress by choosing not to enforce the laws that they write is a bad idea. We have a system of checks and balances for a reason. While it is probably legal for the executive to refuse to enforce the laws of Congress, the end result is exactly what we've been seeing: increasing whiplash from one administration to the next as they try to outdo one another in upending the previous administration. That makes government unpredictable and an unpredictable government is almost as bad as an inimical one.
    Every time I see a president signing EO's, it reminds me of decrees declared by a king/tyrant. Whether the EO's are good or bad depends on how one views the sitting president, I guess.