Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oct. 13-15: The Weekend Thread -- Spooky Friday the 13th Edition

By the way, sleeping in an M-60A1 tank is NOT comfortable. Not at all. Even as a 21 year old. I don't recommend it.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

I remember Dave Barry writing about not understand some song lyrics. In "Help Me Rhonda," he thought the opening words were; "well since she put me down there's been owls pukin' in my head."

I laughed so hard. He was a funny guy. God Bless comedians. We need them to keep our sanity.

And, it's gone!

Always loved this one. It still makes me feel light and breezy. Kinda like life is so good.

And, it's gone!

I was only 11 when this was out, but I remember it. More my older sister's music.

Yep, Dion and the Belmonts.
    And, it's gone!

Default Here's the same Dion many years later. We all grew up.

Think what you want, and politics being what they are, we should be better than to kill our fellow man. It's not right.
    And, it's gone!

Thank you and goodnight.

And, it's gone!

LOL! You're on a roll, Groucho.

Been raining here all day, but the drought has been broken and the water tables are filling up nicely.

It was cloudy all day yesterday but we stopped at the hood Block Party and watched the line dancers. They had a pet - aka dog halloween costume contest so it was interesting. My fav was a dinosaur on a big dog - can't remember the kind, but it looked real! LOL

Off to early church in North Myrtle. They are doing hubby's 'Internationally Award Winning Hymn' LOL They are bringing in a couple of violins. Oh well, someone else just found his 40 yr talent.... Pray someone gots a good recording.

Hey,

Don't normally read these threads, it's a really slow day.

Sherree started by saying "Groucho is giving his age away. He's a really old codger. He was 11 in 1958. Really old."

So, I cocked an eyebrow at her, put my fist on my hip, and said "Really? He's only 5 years older than me!"

Then it dawns on her what all that meant. She starts laughing and says, "Well, I didn't mean you."

I didn't give an inch, eyebrow still cocked, and fist on hip. You have to do that sometimes to make people repent. Now she's really laughing, and I'm still straight faced.

Then she tries to fix it, "You just don't seem that old." No success there. But it was cool putting her on the spot like that. LOL

Anyway, we seem old to her because she wasn't even born then.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Hey Cary, I'm really surprised to still be around. Based on my crazy decision to go into the service, I didn't figure I'd see anything past mid-1971. Well, the suckers missed me and I got home. Every day has been a gift since then. I may be "old," but it beats the alternative.
    And, it's gone!