Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Scofieldism

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    They blew it; I love these prophetic passages...

Joh 11:53 So from that day on they plotted to kill Him.
    Joh 11:54 יהושע therefore no longer went openly among the Yehuḏim, but went from there into the country near the wilderness, to a city called Ephrayim, and remained there with His taught ones.

Judah is still under a spirit of stupor and partial blindness.
    But they get more chances to get it right. His mercies are new every morning, after all. Either the covenant holds, or it's the replacement theology flavor of the month. And they didn't blow it in every way....promises were kept to that very generation, and their teachings became saturated with messiah's. All part of that 400 year coed swim in the synagogues, no doubt. That word partial is key to the blindness. But aren't we all? So, in going to Ephraim, messiah sought out the rest of his kin...and found lots of em. That still doesn't make everyone who believes in him Ephraim or part of the ten. But someday it may....I'm thinking of some particular passages, such as this one.

ISAIAH 14:1 When the LORD will have compassion on Jacob and again choose Israel, and settle them in their own land, then strangers will join them and attach themselves to the house of Jacob.
    Then there's this one...

Ezek 47:22-23 22“You shall divide it by lot for an inheritance among yourselves and among the aliens who stay in your midst, who bring forth sons in your midst. And they shall be to you as the native-born among the sons of Israel; they shall be allotted an inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. 23“And in the tribe with which the alien stays, there you shall give him his inheritance,” declares the Lord GOD.
    Now that one gets me going....But it goes without saying that the nations will remain the nations, and that will be good. And they will have Torah on some level too. So, there we may have up to three kinds of non-Jews. Ones who keep Torah just as the native born, as per Ezekiel 47. Ones who choose to settle and be servants ( or perhaps the servants are another fourth seperate group) in Isaiah 14. And the nations which will go up to Jerusalem on every Sukkot or receive no rain. Seems pretty obvious that there will be differences. But the obvious common thread is also apparent....that they will all have potential for the world to come.
    Last edited by Wiskey Reb; 10-26-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post

But they get more chances to get it right. ...

But aren't we all?
    They will get it right...and so will we....eventually.

I'm not so much interested in 'race' or genealogies or ethnicities anymore, because I think Truth is colorblind so to speak, without partiality. I believe Torah is truth...and that it is for all truth seekers, no matter their "physical" make-up or heritage. Having a bit of trouble thinking it is not. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    They will get it right...and so will we....eventually.

I'm not so much interested in 'race' or genealogies or ethnicities anymore, because I think Truth is colorblind so to speak, without partiality. I believe Torah is truth...and that it is for all truth seekers, no matter their "physical" make-up or heritage. Having a bit of trouble thinking it is not. Am I wrong?
    What does it mean to be partially blind, with lame eyes? For one thing, it means a heightened development of touch, hearing, smell and taste.

And if some self-imposed blindness has befallen them, what blindness can it be that is not common to man? And if it a blindness imposed by G-d, if He would do that to His own possession, His covenant people, how much more would he do it to those who make light of His covenant or try to falsely claim it for themselves to the exemption of His people?

If we hope to eventually get it right, we need to drop our baseless prejudices and paradigms of perceived spiritual superiority.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

how much more would he do it to those who make light of His covenant or try to falsely claim it for themselves to the exemption of His people?
    It truly is a double-edged sword that swings both ways...

2Th 2:7 For the secret of lawlessness is already at work – only until he who now restrains comes out of the midst.
    2Th 2:8 And then the lawless one shall be revealed, whom the Master shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth and bring to naught with the manifestation of His coming.
    2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power and signs and wonders of falsehood,
    2Th 2:10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order for them to be saved.
    2Th 2:11 And for this reason Elohim sends them a working of delusion, for them to believe the falsehood,1 Footnote: 1Eze. 20:25, John 9:39, John 12:40, Acts 7:42, Rom. 1:24-28.

And a dire warning given to those who twist Paul's words into lawlessness also...

2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand,1 which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. Footnote: 1See 1 Cor. 11:6.
    2Pe 3:17 You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Eze 22:26 “Her priests have done violence to My teaching1 and they profane My set-apart matters. They have not distinguished between the set-apart and profane, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean. And they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned in their midst. Footnote: 1Zeph. 3:4, Lk. 16:16.
    Eze 22:27 “Her leaders in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy lives, and to get greedy gain.

I wonder if Messiah was making this connection also?

Luk 10:3 “Go! See, I send you out as lambs into the midst of wolves.

Nothing new under the sun.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

If we hope to eventually get it right, we need to drop our baseless prejudices and paradigms of perceived spiritual superiority.
    Exactly!

In fact, humility seems to be one of the most valuable characteristics of Kingdom people, without which, people may yet remain outside it.

Wiskey, I'm still trying to ascertain your position about stuff, specifically about covenants, after you wrote: "...And if it a blindness imposed by G-d, if He would do that to His own possession, His covenant people, how much more would he do it to those who make light of His covenant or try to falsely claim it for themselves to the exemption of His people?"

Not sure who you think makes light of His covenant, or tries to falsely claim it for themselves to the 'exemption of "His" people', except you're probably referring to dispensationalist "Christians"? I believe that all people are God's. There is one God of the Jew and the Gentile. All souls are His. God is the Father of spirits...etc. I believe God "judges", using His Law, impartially. I know there are scriptures that declare you are not My people, in Hosea, I think, and the promises to overcomers include... and I will be your God and you will be my people.

Do you think there will come a different covenant for Gentiles? Can a stranger join himself to Israel's? It seems so.

As for false teachings. Certainly, "Christians" have jumped right in, but it would appear that some "Jews" may have as well? Sin is defined by the same Law for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Eze 22:26 “Her priests have done violence to My teaching1 and they profane My set-apart matters. They have not distinguished between the set-apart and profane, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean. And they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned in their midst. Footnote: 1Zeph. 3:4, Lk. 16:16.
    Eze 22:27 “Her leaders in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy lives, and to get greedy gain.

I wonder if Messiah was making this connection also?

Luk 10:3 “Go! See, I send you out as lambs into the midst of wolves.

Nothing new under the sun.
    Read that chapter to get the context. Wow. His own people. Seems He is impartial!