Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowie Berghdal Doubts he Could Have Received a Fair Trial

Default Bowie Berghdal Doubts he Could Have Received a Fair Trial

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ceived-a-fair/

That traitorous P.O.S. should have been hanged!

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty to desertion charges Monday in a military hearing at Fort Bragg and said President Trump’s words referring to him as a “traitor” prevented him from receiving a fair trial.
    “The people who are to the point of saying, yeah just shoot him, you can never convince those people to change their minds,” Sgt. Bergdahl said in an interview recorded last year that was obtained by ABC News. The interviewed was aired on Monday.
    “It does hurt,” he added, referring to people who call him a traitor and say he should be punished.
    Sgt. Bergdahl spent five years as a Taliban prisoner after he walked off his post in Afghanistan in 2009. He was released in 2014 in exchange for five Taliban prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay.
    “It’s very insulting, the idea that they would think I did that,” he said, referring to reports that he was a jihadi sympathizer who tried to fight against the United States.
    Mr. Trump said on the campaign trail that Sgt. Bergdahl was “garbage” and suggested that in “the old days,” the soldier would have been shot
    ''... I believe that the maintenance of the rights and authority reserved to the states and to the people...are a safeguard to the continuance of a free government...whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast Republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.''- Gen. Robert E. Lee

Boo Hoo! I feel so sad for him. I hope he gets life. But I doubt our Obama emasculated Army brass will have the cajones to mete out that just punishment for the lives lost in the search for him.
    --------------------------------------------------
    There are two ways to be fooled.
    One is to believe
    what isn't true;
    the other is to refuse
    to believe what is true.
    ~~Soren Kierkegaard 1813-1855

Flashback: Dem Senator Called Traitor Bowe Bergdahl A Hero…

A coward dies 1000 times...just barely enough

The only person he’s a hero to is the Taliban.
    Via Daily Caller:
    Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s guilty plea to charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy Monday may prove uncomfortable for Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy, who praised Bergdahl as an “American hero” in 2014.
    Bergdahl abandoned his post in Afghanistan in 2009 before getting captured by the Taliban, who held him prisoner for five years.
    The Obama administration secured his release by swapping five Taliban prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay in 2014. Obama announced Bergdahl’s release in a celebratory event with the deserter’s parents at the White House Rose Garden.
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

"Nits make lice" his parents should be locked up as well.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

As I have read from Scott Horton at scotthorton.org, he left to go to a higher command officer
    to complain about his superior that was incompetent and dangerous.
    It is probably closer to the truth than we have been lead to believe and once again, a coverup.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    As I have read from Scott Horton at scotthorton.org, he left to go to a higher command officer
    to complain about his superior that was incompetent and dangerous.
    It is probably closer to the truth than we have been lead to believe and once again, a coverup.
    There is an SOP in place to bypass the normal chain of command and reach JAC, IG, Staff Level officers so his excuse is pure BS
    He crossed the wire several times in his bid to make contact w/Taliban. He lied and 4 men died.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    There is an SOP in place to bypass the normal chain of command and reach JAC, IG, Staff Level officers so his excuse is pure BS
    He crossed the wire several times in his bid to make contact w/Taliban. He lied and 4 men died.
    SOP does not always work.
    If scotthorton.org report is true, I am sure he tried all those options were tried and were not working.
    There was no reason to be there to put that man in the situation unless we
    are to blindly follow our masters into a war to protect the Opium traffic.
    So many are condemning him with the government news services reports.

Having read this thread, I have no idea why he didn't believe he could get a fair hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    SOP does not always work.
    If scotthorton.org report is true, I am sure he tried all those options were tried and were not working.
    There was no reason to be there to put that man in the situation unless we
    are to blindly follow our masters into a war to protect the Opium traffic.
    So many are condemning him with the government news services reports.
    Tell that to the families of the 4 dead Americans.
    To deny a Troop access is a violation of the UCMJ and those involved would face jail time. Find another traitor to promote
    ' fileurl="http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh123/toddorts/hillary_head.gif">

Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Says President Trump Reaffirming Criticism Has Tainted Case, Wants Charges Dismissed…

We can send Bergdahl back and let him fend for himself. Update to this story.
    Via Seattle Times:
    Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl made a last-minute argument Tuesday that President Donald Trump has reaffirmed his criticism of the soldier — preventing him from receiving a fair sentence on charges he endangered comrades in Afghanistan.
    Lawyers for Bergdahl, who pleaded guilty this week to charges that could send him to prison for life, cited a news conference this week in which Trump indicated he stands by his campaign-trail criticism of Bergdahl. They asked to have the case dismissed.
    While running for president, Trump repeatedly called Bergdahl a “traitor” and suggested harsh punishments.
    Asked about the Bergdahl case on Monday, Trump first said he wouldn’t comment. Then he added: “But I think people have heard my comments in the past.”
    Bergdahl’s lawyers say the remark is especially problematic now that Trump is commander in chief.
    “President Trump stands at the pinnacle of an unbroken chain of command that includes key participants in the remaining critical steps of the case,” the defense wrote.
    Keep reading…