Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Supreme Court backs push to remove Ten Commandments monument

Thumbs down US Supreme Court backs push to remove Ten Commandments monument

WASHINGTON - The US Supreme Court on Monday sided with a lower court that ordered a New Mexico city to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the lawn outside City Hall.

Civil liberties advocates behind the case called the decision involving the city of Bloomfield a victory for the separation of church and state.
    ACLU of New Mexico Executive Director Peter Simonson said it sends a "strong message that the government should not be in the business of picking and choosing which sets of religious beliefs enjoy special favor in the community."
    However, David Cortman, a senior counsel and vice president of US litigation with Alliance Defending Freedom, said the outcome did nothing to resolve confusion in lower courts involving such monuments.
    "Americans shouldn't be forced to censor religion's role in history simply to appease someone who is offended by it or who has a political agenda to remove all traces of religion from the public square," said Cortman, whose group represented the city of Bloomfield. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5029723,00.html
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Default Supreme Court Backs Push To Remove Ten Commandments Monument

Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Of course they do.
    This so called 'supreme' court is full of God-hating people who think they are gods!
    If Christians don't start standing up for what is right and Godly, there will be no America soon.

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08
    If Christians don't start standing up for what is right and Godly, there will be no America soon.
    I fear that our idea of America is already over.

If folks would keep the commandments, YHWH would make sure they stayed. Most churches only have regard for 9 of them anyways. Some even say the commandments were 'nailed to the tree'.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics
    If folks would keep the commandments, YHWH would make sure they stayed. Most churches only have regard for 9 of them anyways. Some even say the commandments were 'nailed to the tree'.
    There is still a remnant of God in this country. I believe that is the reason that America still exists in the capacity that it does. It's only a shadow of what it once was, but it does still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    There is still a remnant of God in this country. I believe that is the reason that America still exists in the capacity that it does. It's only a shadow of what it once was, but it does still exist.
    I agree. There is a remnant that takes His Commandments very seriously. Even more than 10 of them.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

All 10 Commandments must be continually be broken or ignored for ANY government to exist.
    Moral behavior need not be written down.
    Only arbitrary law and immorality need be written for the slave class to obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle
    All 10 Commandments must be continually be broken or ignored for ANY government to exist.
    Ignoring and disobeying the whole Word of God is the only way that the government and laws we have today can even exist. It is not holy or righteous. The government can't be holy and righteous, because it's not made up of a holy and righteous people. Neither is our nation made up of a holy and righteous people as a majority. That era ended a long time ago. But yet, we put such high hopes in the US Supreme Court.

Everyone in government is at the minimum, the recipient of stolen wealth of others.
    It is impossible to have a good government even if every one in any government was Jesus Christ.
    There is no liberty where there is government.
    The voluntary free market is completely different and does not require a government.
    Government exists for its own sustainability and morality has no place there.
    It was a marketing ploy to lie that government is in place to protect your freedom.