Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? about a good DNA company to find ancestral background

Quote Originally Posted by always learning View Post
    Here lies my problem, my son trying to get a loan tried his ancestory, came back no American indian which I be,, born on a res on the coast of Washington, spent my younger years there when my dad was in the fleet and gone 12 months at a time, we would go back to the res. I really do not trust DNA, there just something about it, that I do not trust. anyway back to the problem, I did the Heriatage site and got my results back, and I got laugh, my results came back that I'm Italian and mid eastern ( a rag head)..........So I figured I would try another site and see what there results came back, my thinking is if it comes back different than the first, I can show the results of both sites to son, and tell him to make his own adult decision.
    As for the LEO aspect if the gov wanted to put me away, they have all the tools as well as the people believing all their hi-tech stuff to show me in any light to put my six in jail.........Heck look at Hollywood with special affects, naw, DNA is bs as far as I'm concerned, but money is money and I just can't throw money away I do not have, I like you folks can not run a budget the way the gov does we would all go to jail.

So I will still be looking for another direction to see what the results will be, I'm betting it will be completely different than the first........I flipping camel jockey, give me a break.............but now that I'm thinking of it, maybe I can use it to my advantage, just sneak across the border of mexico and then come back over and show them the paper work, and volla, I get all those special perks, free house, free car, college educations, lots of jingle in my pocket and oh a free cell phone, ........hmmmm....I might be on to something ..........thanks again folks for what imput I seen
    You might consider running down your ancestors through other means. The father's side is always the easiest. If you know some of your heritage, grandfather, great grand father and know where they are buried, findagrave.com is a good start. Also, instead of the hundred bucks for the DNA test, join ancestry.com and you can get about 3 months worth of searching.

Seems to me that would be proof of heritage. I've done mine back to near revolutionary war times without paying for it. The old folks on the res. could help out. I enjoyed digging mine up, on rainy days sitting at the computer.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

The first thing to check is whether or not the loan agency would consider another test to be sufficient proof. Otherwise, you are wasting your time and money. They lack features that the legal system usually requires, like a chain of custody over the samples. You might need to move up to paternity testing (if possible), which is more reliable. But then the question is: do you want to know if the results aren't what you have always believed them to be?

Remember that these tests are not sequencing your whole genome, they are looking at a relatively small number of genes that are associated with important traits. Assuming that the parents in each generation are not full blood, then you are losing as much as 50% of the native American DNA in each generation. In just four generations, you can go from 100% to 12%. By that point, you could easily have lost all the DNA that is unique to native Americans, in which case markers will not reveal any such ancestry.

Warning! Old Thread!

A new service from 23AndMe.

23AndMe Forensic Kit Informs Customer What Crimes He’s Committed
    Satire

https://www.theonion.com/23andme-for...e-s-1823461487
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/